Official - Bégin Will Play Sunday !

Theberge43

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but Begin is a marginal forth line player. What we needed last game was some offense, and Begin won't provide it. I agree, Begin's presence might be good to wake-up the team every once in a while, but what we really need is for Kovalev, Ribeiro, Zednik, Ryder, Markov, and Souray to lead the offense like they should, and put up some points on the board. Hopefully, we'll get some secondary support form the rookies as well.

Edited by CerebusClone

begin is more than a marginal 4th liner. When he leaves the ice, the team is generally in a better situation then when he came on. Is he gonna score a ton of goals? No. But he does allow the habs to roll their lines better and he is strong on the PK and allows more offensive players to rest during PIM and be strong for offensive opportunities. He brings a lot of energy to the team and tires out opponents. Considering that we lost both games by a very close margin, this addition could very well be the tipping point.

While Begin is a great team player, he is nothing more than a marginal 3rd line player, and yes he does help Montrea roll 3 or 4 lines, but he offers nothign offensively. This guy isn't going to help the Habs in this series. Nice to hear he's back, but what Montreal needs, he does not provide. Infact I didn't really notice him at all last night