Hfboards Expatriate Shoots From The Heart

Phil Parent

Hello guys,

Some of you might have seen me post at HFBoards. Well you won't see so much of me there anymore. No they haven't banned me, or warned me, or anything. They've just closed one too many topics written in the "Wrong" language to my tastes.

Everybody knows their "Our sponsors want all our members to speak WHITE!" thing is bullshit. Their sponsors wouldn't give a damn if you click in French, in English or in Bantu. The upper management of HFBoards are Americans who probably voted Bush twice and would rather have an "All US, All White" world than having to deal with minorities. And the two French-Canadians (Note the use of French-Canadian instead of Quebecer) who are the "Negres Blanc De Service" there are nothing but rugs for the other mods to whipe their foot on, they've got no pride and no guts to stand for their people. I'm through with those ragdolls.

I'm moving the bulk of my posts here because I know it allows multi-lingual posts, it allows your difference, it allows you to have fun, it allows you to be you, and that's that.

Thank you for being the alternative.

Phil

Everybody knows their "Our sponsors want all our members to speak WHITE!" thing is bullshit.

Dony you mean english? White isnt a language heh. Also to post here you need to be good.

Phil, I am also an american citizen... so... yeah...

I cannot remember ever seeing a language problem on this board (except for maybe some injudicious use of babelfish...) but this is primarily an english board. Most of the french around is short and simple. For the most part, if you want to be understood on HW, you write in english.... this is no way a command, just a practical reality.

Habs jusqu'au bout!

Habla Austranol?

Welcome to HW, nothing like an angry ex-other-message-boarder to rekindle the flame here.

I've been here from the beginning, although I do like to ghost, but it all began almost 40 months ago, when ESPN's Canadiens boards...

*reminisces like crazy*

Welcome!

I know what PP's saying I find it weird that the Montréal Canadiens board on HF bans posts in French, they actually have a rule against it, it started a few months back.

I'd say that here on HabsWorld the atmosphere is more community and less controlled, we generally take care of ourselves -- but honestly aside from RDS/LaPresse/whatever quotes or the odd interjection the lingua franca here is anglais.

There are members from a lot of countries active though, so sometimes we have brief exchanges in French or Dutch or Czech or even Japanese and it won't be censored like on HF. But basically the board is English -- not because of sponsors rather for inclusion and wider understanding.

and yes, we do hope you will be nice.

Just to put the "white" thing in perspective for those who might be wondering what its all about...

"Speak white" was a insult said by WASPs (White Anglo-Saxons Protestants) to French Canadians when they would talk French in public. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_White

Kind of ed that such a mentality would still exist in 2006, on a message board.

HF can kiss my froggy green ass! Welcome aboard Phil!

Edited by KoZed

welcome aboard Phil!

i'll be pleased cheer on the Habs with you and debate US politics anytime! (i'd vote for George W. for a 3rd term if he was eligible and I was American! :D)

i hope you find your niche here and enjoy a long and pleasant stay in HW!

yo go on RDS Talkbacks if you wanna express yourself in french ROFL (just kidding, I french a lot too.)

I think I mainly learned english because there were no quality french forums...

or

because I wanted to succeed in life.

one or the other. :P

I don't "hate" HF, but I don't post there, too much BS going on over there, STARTING with the dismissal of the greatest of all Habs prospect BENEVOLENT writers, aka Dan Linn :bow:

HF is turning into an "anti freedom of speech" place :nono:

I must warn you though, they HAVE the frikkin dancing Banana, thing that we don't... look :

:banana:

see, it doesn't work :(