Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Hurricanes | 04/30/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then tell me your observation if mine is so wrong.

Would you get sparked to play if the coach who is supposed to motivate the team just stands there afraid his suit will get shrinkled if he moves or makes a change in face...

Motivation. So like when the team was slumping under Julien? Someone came in and turned this around, and led us to the playoffs...

Who was it again?

What we need is a stopper on defence ( a chris pronger type) and some offensive players that are actually somewhat good.

I don't know if we need a stopper but we certainly don't need Sourray, I've never seen a player make as many bad plays as he has. He isn't worth his point shot. He starting to make McCabe look solid defensively.

Did you see that play where it was 2 on 2 and Sourray followed the guy accross leaving a Hurricane alone in front and Dandenault looking up like WTF are you doing.

HUET was awesome and if it wasn't for him this was not a 1 goal game. The PP was dysfunctional and I blame Gainey for leaving Ribeiro Sourray and Bulis out there, our absoultely 3 worst players tonight, every single PP they were horrible and couldn't even get into the zone. I'm a big Gainey fan but he needs to cut out hte stubbornness.

Ribeiro and Bulis were horrible and every time they were on the ice I couldn't stop yelling at the TV. and then when they get an opportunity, Ribeiro for the 19th time this series either misses a wide open net or shoots it right at the goalie c'mon this is the NHL.

ENough of this nonsense, dress Kostytsin, he can't be worse than any of those no heart, no effort guys. I say bench them all and dress the bulldogs

Are you joking? We have a great coaching staff! These guys know what they are doing, and know how to win. But winning takes time, and it will come eventually.

We DON'T HAVE TIME....we're swirling around the damn bowl and are about to get flushed! :puke:

We aren't out of it, we've come back from further down, and Kovalev will not let this team quit. We gotta believe, we can do it!

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

PS: I love the guys picking apart the coaching staff and calling them idiots? How many Stanley Cup Rings do u have lying at home?

the Habs have been lazy for years. this is not Bob's fault. he actually got our team back up to speed in the second half of the season. you can't judge a coaching staff from what you see on tv. the players know him better than any of us and i'm willing to bet he's doing everything he can to fire them up. you don't need a Bergeron yelling and screaming behind the bench to get players fired up.

Motivation. So like when the team was slumping under Julien? Someone came in and turned this around, and led us to the playoffs...

Who was it again?

That was Cristoball Huet... We were slumping for more than a month after fireing Julien.

I agree, we need to come out strong...

I don't think the problem is with Gainey... He displayed the same calm throughout his career... not a difference maker

I don't think Saks will be back, but I hope he makes an appearance sometime around game 6...

Odds are against us... same as always... Let's give it our best... no more phoning it in...

We aren't out of it, we've come back from further down, and Kovalev will not let this team quit. We gotta believe, we can do it!

PS: I love the guys picking apart the coaching staff and calling them idiots? How many Stanley Cup Rings do u have lying at home?

About as many as I have millions for coaching a hockeyteam :D

Playing hockey isnt the same as coaching hockey... I wont say Gainey is a bad GM becaus he isnt but Im not sure he is a good coach.

Then tell me your observation if mine is so wrong.

Would you get sparked to play if the coach who is supposed to motivate the team just stands there afraid his suit will get shrinkled if he moves or makes a change in face...

it's not a screaming coach who motivates players - screaming coaches can just as well destabilize them and, in the way of a former montreal coach in the last hurricanes/canadiens playoff series, a screaming coach set up a penalty for the team which turned a series around and led to a hurricanes series win.

i don't see an emotionless person behind the bench, i see a person who's calm in the midst of the storm and injecting quiet confidence in his players.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

We DON'T HAVE TIME....we're swirling around the damn bowl and are about to get flushed! :puke:

It's building for the future. Developping young talent, not trading away youth for veterans in some half assed, one time playoff run. Becoming a contender takes time, we need to be patient. We are still in a rebuilding mode, and we are doing mighty well against a team that should have killed us.

Yea im pretty angry about what happened tonight, honostly i dont think iv seen such a poor excuse for a powerplay, such bad puck handeling , bad passes bad battles on the boards for loose pucks. discusting game.

It shows how much koivu brings to the table when hes in the line up and when hes not.

I really hope koivu says screw it puts a full face visor on and plays with his symptions because we need this guy.

OH RIBIERO LOVERS FIND A CORNER GO TO IT AND SLAP YOUR SELFS SILLY FOR LOVING HIM BECAUSE HE IS VERY USLESS AT THE MOMENT AND HAS BEEN FOR MORE THEN MAJORITY OF THE SEASON.

I'am done my rant.

Guest Syn
what's with the red nose on kovalev? I don't understand...

Its a pic I took from the Habs website of Kovie. :D

Thank you... I'm glad some of us have faith... it's so easy to let emotions get the best of us...

LET'S GO HABS!!!

It's building for the future. Developping young talent, not trading away youth for veterans in some half assed, one time playoff run. Becoming a contender takes time, we need to be patient. We are still in a rebuilding mode, and we are doing mighty well against a team that should have killed us.

amen, brc, amen - well said!

That is a loss I can live with. They were flat early, but most of the guys played really hard. The PP wasn't very good, but we still had our chances. Cam Ward played a great game, you have to give him credit. He won the game, we didn't necessarily lose it.

Yea im pretty angry about what happened tonight, honostly i dont think iv seen such a poor excuse for a powerplay, such bad puck handeling , bad passes bad battles on the boards for loose pucks. discusting game.

It shows how much koivu brings to the table when hes in the line up and when hes not.

I really hope koivu says screw it puts a full face visor on and plays with his symptions because we need this guy.

OH RIBIERO LOVERS FIND A CORNER GO TO IT AND SLAP YOUR SELFS SILLY FOR LOVING HIM BECAUSE HE IS VERY USLESS AT THE MOMENT AND HAS BEEN FOR MORE THEN MAJORITY OF THE SEASON.

I'am done my rant.

LOL.. I agree on the Koivu part... I think Koivu is more important than anyone to this team.

I think the Habs, after the first 10 minutes, played well enough to win the game. They played very well at even strength. The difference tonight was special teams - their PP was excellent and ours never threatened. That needs to improve.

But we should all be realistic, folks. No team is going very far with Ribeiro as their #1 centre.

No matter how the game ended Im happy that someone (already forgot who.. sorry) showed me so I could see the game instead of just listen to it. And the team wasnt that bad... The canes played their best audience hockey... defending a lead and very succesfully... The key to game 6 is not to let them take the lead.

i think he was referring to the next couple of years......

realistically did any of us expect to go to the cup this year????

after game one, a lot of people thought the sky was the limit, but thats because we were shooting at an empty net.......i think that we showed a lot of promise in the first two games but after the insertion of ward who gained confidence when the offence disappeared after the loss of koivu.....its a different series now and the whole dynamic has changed from the first two games

the habs glaring weakness at centre has been brutally exposed this series

and like was said before, no true goal scorer, ryder is ok but only a secondary goal scorer

anyways i think the habs will take the next game but carolina will win it at home in 7......

all in all a lot of good experience for the young guys