Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Hurricanes | 04/30/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnott or Briere - those guys would make good second-line C. Ship Ribs to the Swedish Elite League, where he belongs (perhaps as a No.2 centre behind Stephane Lebeau :lol: )

I thought, in 95 or so, LeBeau went to play in Switzerland, with his brother.

Anyone know what happened to LeBeau (who was pretty good in NHL 93/94 for Sega Genesis)?

Main thing I noticed was that all our shots were at the lower half of the net. Ward is down all the time and the only high shot we had was Kovalev's off the post. Shoot high!!!!

Anyone know what happened to LeBeau (who was pretty good in NHL 93/94 for Sega Genesis)?

I don't know what happend to him, but i absolutely love NHL 94. Its the best part about NHL 06, and i play it more often than the actual game.

Yeah, he went to play in the Swiss leagues. Looks like he coached in Victoriaville in the Q last year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...?pid%5B%5D=3048

I'm still in step 2 of the 5 step post loss progression

1. Anger...I was furious at the lack of effort

2. Disapoitnmment....I'm sad at the missed opportunity.

3. Indiference.....Try to remind myself it's just hockey and doesn't matter, (doesn't work or last long).

4. Optimism: We're still alive, we can win game 6.

5. Realism: It's not as easy as thinking we can win we're going to need a big effort. Especially from the crapheads like Bulis, Sourray and Ribeiro.

6. Then Back to step 4. Until game time.

Damn Step 2 end won't you.

I read somewhere recently (either Spectors or ProSportsDaily) that Chicago was offering up Mark Bell this summer for the right deal... We could really use someone like him!

Then get Arnott to center the second line and possible Selanne to play the wing with Koivu. Then call up Kosty, add them with a D upgrade like Kubina or D.Markov and were set.

:hlogo:

I'm still in step 2 of the 5 step post loss progression

1. Anger...I was furious at the lack of effort

2. Disapoitnmment....I'm sad at the missed opportunity.

3. Indiference.....Try to remind myself it's just hockey and doesn't matter, (doesn't work or last long).

4. Optimism: We're still alive, we can win game 6.

5. Realism: It's not as easy as thinking we can win we're going to need a big effort. Especially from the crapheads like Bulis, Sourray and Ribeiro.

6. Then Back to step 4. Until game time.

Damn Step 2 end won't you.

I'm with you in that one

I'm let down by the loss, but the team showed some good moments, and had pressure at times. It was Begins first game back ... I expect to see a lot more from him next game. A goal or two from some grinders might be the shot in the arm the Canadiens need.

Habs in 7 ...

it was so hard to get near the crease.. all 5 canes seem to be always withing 10 feets of their goalie. if the Habs were skating and move the puck faster they can have a chance. But tonight they didn't skate at all. They didn't hit either. THey looked dead

I think a small number of Habs played poorly tonight, but aside from the PP, they played pretty well. Lots of guys were skating hard and we got our fair share of opportunities. Unfortunately for us, Cam Ward played an outstanding game. If Huet isn't screened on those two goals, we'd have won 1-0.

I didn't see them skate. Hardly any pressure, if not those 2 consecutives one-time.. from the point.

And what's up with checking the boards instead of a Canes player? So many missed checks. I thought that with Downey, Bégin and Murray in, there would have been many more bodychecks. Even Dandenault missed many. No momentum. I hope next game they'll all play with energy from start to end

The forwards have to get going. We need to get traffic in net, right now we're making someone look better than he is.

Take for example the one-timer Ribiero got in the third. He let go a weak shot that hit Ward. If he had let go a harder shot it would have been a goal. Shoot high!

Huet has been good as always. I'm calling out Andrei Markov. Where's our #1 defenseman? I've no signs of inspired play from him. On the opposite side, Mathieu Dandenault and Bouillon have really stepped it up.

Bonk took a dumb penalty to kill our chances of a late comeback. Too many stupid lazy penalties being taken by the Habs...

I say Gainey give up on the whole set line of Bulis-Ribiero-Kovalev. It's not working out. Roll a new set of lines. Put Bulis with Higgins and Ryder. Put Kovalev with Plekanec and Zednik.

The forwards have to get going. We need to get traffic in net, right now we're making someone look better than he is.

Take for example the one-timer Ribiero got in the third. He let go a weak shot that hit Ward. If he had let go a harder shot it would have been a goal. Shoot high!

Huet has been good as always. I'm calling out Andrei Markov. Where's our #1 defenseman? I've no signs of inspired play from him. On the opposite side, Mathieu Dandenault and Bouillon have really stepped it up.

Bonk took a dumb penalty to kill our chances of a late comeback. Too many stupid lazy penalties being taken by the Habs...

I say Gainey give up on the whole set line of Bulis-Ribiero-Kovalev. It's not working out. Roll a new set of lines. Put Bulis with Higgins and Ryder. Put Kovalev with Plekanec and Zednik.

And put Ribeiro in a sauna and lock the door so he gets of his cold streak and maybe warms up his heart. :P

ITs nice to see after the loss there are people on here that are still optimistic. Good Job. While the Habs are down, they are certainly not out, and like a cornered animal will be ready to fight to the death on Tuesday.

This series isn't over by a long shot....(lets hope they don't fall apart like the last time they played Carolina in the playoffs). They'll be back at the Bell, the crowd will be ready, and Gainey will have the troops ready. Carolina will be in for a tough fight.

I have no idea what Gainey needs to do to light a fire under some of these guys asses, or to get the guys clicking offensively, but he better find it soon. I expect these guys to come out flying and will be extremely dissapointed if they produce another effort like last night.

I don't think Gainey can motivate this bunch. I said it all year, the veterans all play the same, without emotion, without effort on a consistant basis. Until the majority of those players leave it will be tough to put a good effort out. How do you not step up after your "leader" gets taken out, the habs response is lose 3 straight. Rookies will make rookie mistakes, the vets are playing poorly and un-inspired. The most emotion i saw all night was after the first when a Carolina player shot the puck into the net after the buzzer, Rivet got mad. Why didn't he play that hard all night is my question. Gainey and Carbo will get rid of those players, several of them had 1 year deals, the rest hopefully can be traded. Unless Huet gets a shut out things don't look so good.

I like smon's idea of Kovalev with Plekanec. But not with Zednik. I'd but a Higgins, Ryder or even Bégin who'd go to the net and take rebounds. It's probably too late, though, to change the lines I guess

Yeah, he went to play in the Swiss leagues. Looks like he coached in Victoriaville in the Q last year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...?pid%5B%5D=3048

Actually, Ribeiro is a lot like Lebeau - highly touted hero of the French press, talented, soft, unreliable, and ultimately useless. Except that it's hard to imagine Ribs coaching anyone, anywhere. :blink:

I think that we could get away with an average effort if only our power play would start clicking again. An additional power play goal or two in the past 3 games would have had us in the driver's seat or had the series won outright.

Edited by sbhatt

Gotta agree with Bth, staying outta the box is key. The Canes are usually scoring on PP because they can easily screen Huet with the man advantage, they can't regularly effectively screen and score on him without it.

On the flipside, Montreal's gotta screen Ward to score. We saw with the Kovalev shot last game (thanks to Murray) that he is most definitely vulnerable to screens.

Actually, Ribeiro is a lot like Lebeau - highly touted hero of the French press, talented, soft, unreliable, and ultimately useless. Except that it's hard to imagine Ribs coaching anyone, anywhere. :blink:

At least Lebeau had those super cool blue blade holders on his skates. All Ribeiro has is his silly look where his helmet is tilted more to one side.