giveaways: 3-1 MTL

takeaways: 4-1 CAR

hits: 7-4 CAR

faceoffs won:10-8 MTL

blocked shots: 4-3 MTL

missed shots: 5-4 MTL

Let's f**king kick it in the 2nd!!!

GO HABS GO!!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone already mentioned it, but it rings so true, I'll repeat it: with Carolina playing a collapsing defense, we need to feed the pointmen for shots!!! Turn what is a defensive strength against the down-low game into a weakness; those checkers become screens on point shots.

Bulis Ribeiro Kovalev needs to be broken up badly

Bulis is stinkin it...Ribs has done nothing....and Kovy looks like he's at least trying today...but i think it's time to mix and match them

Ribs is afraid to get hit, you can see him back off the puck in the corners. He is useless. Is Bulis even playing? that is how bad he is tonight.

The Plekanec line needs to play more, they are dominating.

How about Murray centering the second line, put Ribs on the 4th with Downy, Begin/Bonk

I hate that Bob's answer for a team struggling to score was putting Downey in the lineup.

You hate that and yet, a whole bunch of guys/gals on this site called for Gainey to do just that.

Interesting...............

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Downey is at least trying to do something ,unlike Ribiero and Bulis...

We need a lucky goal at the beginning of the 2nd ...

I'd take 3-4 lucky goals at this point!

C'MON BOYS!!!

You hate that and yet, a whole bunch of guys/gals on this site called for Gainey to do just that.

Interesting...............

There were plenty calling for Kotsisyn to be put in.

Yeah Ribero has continued to prove he can not step and deliver when a checking line is matched up against him!

Kovalev looks alright tonight!

That habs PP was just brutal!

Huet looks alright but has given up some uncharacteristic rebounds.

Downey is in the line-up that is the way it is.

I wish Kostitsyn was put in but lets have some faith in Bob.

I hope Downey picks up a couple of points!

Quick first period observations:

2 best lines, the 4th (either when Begin or Bonk is centering) has been full of energy on every shift, they were the first group to have any form of sustained pressure in the period.

Perezhogin/Plekanec/Zednik has played well, also. Higgins and Ryder are playing better than they did in the previous game. I like that line better with Begin centering, as he did a few times during the first.

Thankfully, Markov wasn't hurt badly when he blocked that shot, when he went down like a bag of bricks and the Canes had basically a 2 on oh, I was worried.

Keep funneling the point guys, it'll work eventually.

If I was Bob I would've gone off on them in the dressing room............Pull a Bobby Knight and throw a chair (or someone)

Or like the National's coach did (forget his name...) go grab his "crippled" son Jimmy from the crowd, bring him back to the dressing room and make him walk over to you......................He Shoots, He Scores! :king:

Carolina penalty - 2 minute power play - another chance - maybe the dressing room talk will have made a bit of a difference.

I find it humorous that all year long, if the game is going bad, it is all Ribs fault...

He has been hit a bunch in this game and I have not seen him turn away once. He is plus one in the series and that is while snakebit.. yeah, he needs to play better, but really...

Kovalev is our go to guy right now.. nothing. He was double shifted last game and didn't even get a shot... He is not trying that hard, perhaps he is hurt, but he has not done much tonight..

The line that is really sucking is the Ryder / Higgins line. They are awful. If they are that dependant on Koivu, what does that say about them? Seriously, if they don't get going, we are doomed.

Finally, if Bonk can't step up and be an offensive center to relieve the pressure.. well, dump him. He is great defensively, but he needs to step up and soon.

awfully difficult execution. sigh............