Theodore Is Back...

Dalhabs

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theo played well, but the Stars were shooting from everywhere...instead of dumping the puck into corners, they were forcing shots to the net and making him handle the puck. They shot from sharp angles, center line, blue line, behind the net, from helicopters, etc...Of those 52 shots, very few were of high quality, and he still hasn't really done anything stellar. Stats don't tell the whole story.

I bet Colorado will win the cup with Theo as the conn smyth trophy winner. Well... he stank in montreal so not much to do about that...

He had a hot game at the right time. Good for him. But, if you look at the total series, he was very ordinary.

I expect that your comment about Colorado being Stanley Cup winners is sarcasm. Théodore will have to be the same goalie he was in his trophy year, every game for the rest of the way for Colorado to hope to win it. They will have to get by Detroit and/or Calgary which will not be easy at all.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

He had a hot game at the right time. Good for him. But, if you look at the total series, he was very ordinary.

I expect that your comment about Colorado being Stanley Cup winners is sarcasm. Théodore will have to be the same goalie he was in his trophy year, every game for the rest of the way for Colorado to hope to win it. They will have to get by Detroit and/or Calgary which will not be easy at all.

Im just thinking 1996... but Im not as sad about Theo getting traded as I was when Roy was.

Edmonton will take care of both of them for us.

And he made key saves at the right times. Very few goals were soft (probably limited to Game 4 and one or two in Game 2) and he backstopped us when we weren't playing our best. Far from ordinary.

And no, he doesn't need his Hart year for us to win it. Thats just silly.

haha, did anyone catch Ron McLean's comments on CBC just now about Theodore? Saying how he was spectacular today and that... and I quote...

"Pierre Lacroix has done it again!"

Give me a break. Theodore is no Roy, Theodore still looks shakey. He's hardly been tested, many of the shots he faced today were low percentage ones.

I watched Game 4 and Theodore was disgustingly terrible. And I ended up watching most of the other games in this series and I haven't seen Theodore make 1 save all series that wasn't a "routine save." He has bene more or less awful and Colorado didn't win because of him.

I watched Game 4 and Theodore was disgustingly terrible. And I ended up watching most of the other games in this series and I haven't seen Theodore make 1 save all series that wasn't a "routine save." He has bene more or less awful and Colorado didn't win because of him.

Wow, way to bring up the Avs worst game of the series.

I'm sure the Habs bias has nothing to do with the Theo hate though. Whether the fans like it or not, Theo has been much better since he's played with us and everyone is 100% happy with him.

Awful? Sheesh BTH, youse funny. Ever tried stand up?

I only got to see Game 3, and I wasn't impressed by Theo's play. I was watching with an Avs fan, and he wasn't very comfortable with Theo in there. He was looking behind him after every save. He only faced 20 shots a game in the first three wins. He seemed very average in those games.

Game 5, however, he was obviously huge. I don't care if all 52 shots he faced were routine, he still stopped 50 of them.

Either way, I'm more than happy with Huet in net and I wish Theo the best.

Unbelievable!

Theo always does this, he stands on his head for a couple of games or even a series. Then he lets in horrible goals the next series.

You watch, it will repeat.

I don't know if he stood on his head, no diving glove saves or anything. But he has been above average and he's stopped enough pucks for us to win and thats all that really matters.

I guess I should say the majority are happy. Theres still a couple oddballs out there.

My only point, regarding my earlier post, is that Theodore wasn't the "big reason" why the Avs won today, which is what the thread topic would indicate. Watching the bulk of the series, the Avs carried a lot of the play. Even when they were down 2-0 in game 1, they weren't in trouble at all.

My only point, regarding my earlier post, is that Theodore wasn't the "big reason" why the Avs won today, which is what the thread topic would indicate. Watching the bulk of the series, the Avs carried a lot of the play. Even when they were down 2-0 in game 1, they weren't in trouble at all.

Oh, no, you're right. He's not the main reason we won this series. I'd give that honor to the JAM line, they dominated the play no matter who Dallas put out there. I'll give honorable mention to Brett Clark though, he had a hell of a series. My favorite player though is Skrats. Outside of a couple dumb penalities, him and Clark have really made up for the loss of Foote.

After 5 games each, Huet still has a better GAA than Théodore (though the gap has closed somewhat). Also, Huet has a better save %. Huet has had to play behind a weaker team than Colorado so, I still think we're better off with the present situation.

I'm glad for Théodore and I hope that he continues to do well. I've never seen him as being as bad a goalie as many of us screamed about on this site nor as have the regular 'what have you done for us lately' Canadiens fans or the 'aha! I saw you pick your nose and it's going on the front page' Montreal sports media.

It's just that the whole situation in Montréal had gone sour and there was going to be no way out of it - Théodore wasn't going to be given a chance to be a human being so things had to change.

All the better for him and all the better for us.

Edited by shortcat1

Wow, way to bring up the Avs worst game of the series.

I'm sure the Habs bias has nothing to do with the Theo hate though. Whether the fans like it or not, Theo has been much better since he's played with us and everyone is 100% happy with him.

Awful? Sheesh BTH, youse funny. Ever tried stand up?

I watched every game in the series. He was terrible in Game 4, average in games 1-3 and did a pretty good job in Game 5. I even watched the highlights and the TSN panel a couple of times and they showed all of Theo's nicets saves of the night. He would have been booed had he let one of those in. He may have had 50 saves but they were not quality chances. I'm not saying he had a bd game or series but he's been very very average and inconsistency still hurts him. If every series he loses 1 game by himself (Game 4, in this series) then it'll be tough for him to take anyone to the Finals.

I watched every game in the series. He was terrible in Game 4, average in games 1-3 and did a pretty good job in Game 5. I even watched the highlights and the TSN panel a couple of times and they showed all of Theo's nicets saves of the night. He would have been booed had he let one of those in. He may have had 50 saves but they were not quality chances. I'm not saying he had a bd game or series but he's been very very average and inconsistency still hurts him. If every series he loses 1 game by himself (Game 4, in this series) then it'll be tough for him to take anyone to the Finals.

Are you kidding me? Colorado lost Game 4 as a team. We were lazy, sloppy and got out-worked. Dallas played with more hustle and more heart that night. The 2nd goal he should've stopped but Lehtinen never should've been allowed to have that wing all to himself. And yeah, you did say he had a bad series. I remember the words "disgustingly terrible" and "more or less awful"

Theo is 4-1 right now so that looks pretty consistent to me. Whats he doing consistently? Facing 52 shots is facing 52 shots. I don't care what quality they are, its 52 ****** shots. You'd have a case if he faced 30 or something but he faced 52 and he STILL gets the ultimate criticisms from Habs fans who can't move on. Seriously, take up shortcat as your role model (this isn't an insult shortcat, I like your point of view on this matter) and be happy with Huet and stop worrying about Theodore.

...and be happy with Huet and stop worrying about Theodore.

Hear, hear! Of course everyone knows that it's most Habs fans favorite past time...lamenting the player that's no longer on the team.

Why do you keep saying I'm bashing Theo because he used to be a habs? I was the one who predicted the Avs to upset the Stars - my reason being that Theodore would steal the series. If I felt he did then I would say it and abuse my bragging rights.

Hear, hear! Of course everyone knows that it's most Habs fans favorite past time...lamenting the player that's no longer on the team.

Haha, I know what it's like. I'm sick of the Avs fans who still bitch and moan that Drury is gone. Get over it!

I only got to see Game 3, and I wasn't impressed by Theo's play. I was watching with an Avs fan, and he wasn't very comfortable with Theo in there. He was looking behind him after every save. He only faced 20 shots a game in the first three wins. He seemed very average in those games.

Game 5, however, he was obviously huge. I don't care if all 52 shots he faced were routine, he still stopped 50 of them.

Either way, I'm more than happy with Huet in net and I wish Theo the best.

As the anonymous Avs fan from this post, and as an avid avs fan, I was nervous with Theodore in net because he was, as Fanpuck says, looking behind him all the time and behind the net he wiffed at least three times. I also don't like his lack of rebound control, that's a killer in the playoffs where guys are swarming. Theodore didn't face a huge number of real good shots in that entire series, and when he did (See Guerin in gm. 5) they went right through him. There were soft goals in Game 4 that killed us and he gave up flurries of goals in Game 1 (first period) and Game 2 (second period). The real test will be rd. 2 because the DAL-COL series was far from routine (2 late comebakcs, 3 OT games). there were also a bunch of fluke goals (Modano and Tanguay both had shots go off skates and Dowd's goal in game 5 was a lucky chop.) If Theodore maintains this sort of momentum in round 2, I'll be more comfortable, but if he lets soft ones in as routinely, then we're dead.

Edited by Mils

Yeah, but Aebischer had the same, if not worse, rebound control. We're one of the best defenses in the league at boxing out our goalie and clearing rebounds, thats never even been a worry for me.

Game 2, I saw flukey goals, not soft ones. Like Blake hits it high into the air and it hits his butt and goes in. Their first one in Game 1, Theo had no chance. There isn't a goalie in the league who would've had a chance.

The comebacks make me feel comfortable, personally. We're becoming a team that can get it done in the clutch again like in the late 90s which is great to see. And combining the 3rd period and OT, Theo gave up a total of 1 goal. We just play like shit in the second period.

Stanley Cup winners have 3 keys

1) They can win on the road

2) They get the bounces

3) They work their asses off

We're doing all 3 right now.