Theodore Is Back...

Dalhabs

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it's an excuse, but I wonder what would have happened if Sakic had gone down with an injury in game 3?

Then we would've won in 6 and not 5?

It's just a friendly jab anyway, I'm not looking for an argument.

I just hope, for Théodore's sake that this was an off-night.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Theodore not to blame.

HEY SAKIC, HEJDUK - YOU WANNA TRY AND GIVE YOUR GOALIE SOME GOAL SUPPORT?

Bryzgalov is a God right now

Thank you!

Hell, defensive support would be good too. We can't get pressure and we can't cover anyone. Theodore keeps bailing their asses out with some really nice saves. At this rate, we'll get swept. I hope we pull a Carolina (sorry :unsure: ) and turn it up a couple gears to take the next 4. Hell, 1 win would be nice.

2004 playoffs went this way for us too, this sucks.

Thank you!

Hell, defensive support would be good too. We can't get pressure and we can't cover anyone. Theodore keeps bailing their asses out with some really nice saves. At this rate, we'll get swept. I hope we pull a Carolina (sorry :unsure: ) and turn it up a couple gears to take the next 4. Hell, 1 win would be nice.

2004 playoffs went this way for us too, this sucks.

Well first you would have to pull Theo, then you would have to injure Selanne and not get penalized, and then constantly crash the net and put sticks through the goalie's legs. Well, providing you're trying to pull a Carolina that is...

Sorry Jetsniper, but something might be wrong in Colorado. It just took me a while to really see it.

Turgeon, Theodore, Brisebois, Dowd & Clark?

IMO, Lacroix has got to be more careful in his acquisitions regarding X-Habs.

It's almost as if Lacroix is trying to bring together a Quebec Nordiques fraternity.

Don't get me wrong. Under the right conditions, it may be a good strategy.

But, when Turgeon and Brisebois make those mistakes? Ouch.

Theodore stole the show at times. But, he should have had the 1st goal. And, maybe the one in overtime. For the money, he ought to. And, at the end of the day with all the highlight reel saves, .897 in this game doesn't amount to Stanley cup goalie numbers. It's a cold truth. Sorry. Not beating up. Just talkin' hockey.

On the other side of the coin there's Clark and Dowd who were awesome.

In general, I'm just saying that Lacroix might want to consider not putting all of his eggs in one basket.

The good news is, the road back for the Av's is not a long one. Theo deserves a fresh start. New season.

Cheers.

Sorry about the loss.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Haha, thanks, I'm still a little down though.

Turgeon played like a bonehead all night with 3 stupid penalties (its his first game since Game 4 against Dallas. Theres a reason we weren' t playing him >=() And then of course Breeze-bys asinine pass for Lupul's 4th goal and the OT winner, I really don't expect to see him back next year after a play like that.

On the other hand, we've got Theo who was freaking amazing and should have one hell of a season next year. I'll definitely be picking up a Theo jersey next season (Unless someone wants to mail me theirs :D)Dowder who deserves to be with this team next year, he has played out of his mind and Clark who was an awesome surprise and is probably the 3rd, 4th best d-man on the team (I'd put Blake, Liles and my personal favorite Skrats ahead of him). Obviously our season is done next year but I think if we can retain a good core of guys, get Sakic and Blake back for around 4 mil apiece and sign a couple key free agents, then we could do some real damage.

I've finally given up hope on this years team. I know the series isn't over but I'm not gonna kid myself. Anaheim is playing way too good to not win one of their next four.

JS, please dont take this personally, but the Ducks score in OT on a Breezeby give away on a chance that would have been a magnificent save, but Theo couldn't do it... how great is that? Eat your heart out Pierre Lacroix

Edited by PMAC

That's the thing with Theo, he makes some incredible saves but when you really need him he isn't there.

His stats are not very impressive this playoffs. Even though he has played "great" according to many people. What was the headline in the papers? Something about Lacroix being a genious. :blink:

Good luck next year Jet

Just to add, I know the losses are not Theo's fault. Your team has sucked the royal ass (hello Brisebois!!!!!!!) But that is when a true stanley cup calibre goalie steps it up and gets the job done.

Trust me guys, Roy or Hasek couldn't of bailed us out of this sorry effort. I might not even bother with Game 4. No passion at all, it's pathetic. Game 3 showed flashes of it but 1 and 2 were terrible.

JS, please dont take this personally, but the Ducks score in OT on a Breezeby give away on a chance that would have been a magnificent save, but Theo couldn't do it... how great is that? Eat your heart out Pierre Lacroix

That would've been a miraculous save, considering the puck was also redirected on its way in by the Avs defensemen. The announcers never mentioned it, but it clearly changed direction.