Theodore Is Back...

Dalhabs

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. We called him Breeze-By, now a reporter in Denver (according to am article on RDS) calls him Boos-Bois because the fans have been booing him heavily. Who still thinks letting him go was a mistake (especially at the salary he was supposed to get)?

Edited by CerebusClone

Sometimes I wonder if anyone even watched this series.

I watched game 2 and 4.

The first one deflects it upward off the ice and the second stick deflects it back down. Really can't blame Theo for not stopping it. But what was Brisebois thinking????

Probably the same thing as Rivet that cost us.

:hlogo:

Funny. We called him Breeze-By, now a reporter in Denver (according to am article on RDS) calls him Boos-Bois because the fans have been booing him heavily. Who still thinks letting him go was a mistake (especially at the salary he was supposed to get)?

Ugh, that was Rizska. We've (Colorado board) been sending e-mails back and forth all day telling him hes an idiot. He said the Avalanche died the day we let Forsberg go. Moron.

Were we a worse team? Yes. Did we "die"? Hell no. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs.

Although I do agree that Breezer sucks.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone even watched this series.

Hehe, I hear ya. I saw most of the series, and Theodore wasn't that bad, he made some awesome saves. However, in the end he was not better than the goalie at the other end of the rink, and that's the clincher.

Of course, one could also blame the team in front of him, for not scoring enough, or not preventing enough scoring chances from the oposition.

*shrug*

Hehe, I hear ya. I saw most of the series, and Theodore wasn't that bad, he made some awesome saves. However, in the end he was not better than the goalie at the other end of the rink, and that's the clincher.

Of course, one could also blame the team in front of him, for not scoring enough, or not preventing enough scoring chances from the oposition.

*shrug*

I'm far from being one of those Theo haters, but he's supposed to be a superstar goalie, not a guy whom we always describe as not that bad, and never the better goalie in a match up. Once again, Theodore wasn't that bad... but he wasn't that great either, giving up quite a few softies throughout the playoffs.

I'm far from being one of those Theo haters, but he's supposed to be a superstar goalie, not a guy whom we always describe as not that bad, and never the better goalie in a match up. Once again, Theodore wasn't that bad... but he wasn't that great either, giving up quite a few softies throughout the playoffs.

Can't disagree with that! :D

(I am actually a Theo hater, but not because of all the recent issues, those things only fueled it, heh. I've never really liked him for some reason... maybe it was because I was a big Hackett fan? Meh, none of that matters now, Huet rocks! :ph34r: )

From the highlights that I saw, he was playing the same way as he did in Montreal. When Lupul had his four-goal game, three of 'em went high glove side. He can make seemingly impossible saves, but then he gets beat on shots that should be simple catches.

After Colorado won their first round series, there was a reporter who wrote how Lacroix had done it again to the Habs, taking another star goalie out of Montreal for little or nothing en route to a Cup run. I wonder what he's writing now, especially since Lacroix has resigned his GM post.

Lacroix was resigning whether we won the Cup or got swept in the first round.

As for Game 4, it'd help if we didn't turn the puck over. Then we wouldn't of had to rely on Theo. I hate how everyone just focuses on Theo during the Anaheim series. He was our best player on the ice, the entire team sucked.

Oh man, some fans really don't have a clue. I just saw the worst trade proposal ever.

Hejduk

Tanguay

Liles

for

McCabe

Sundin

And then the guy wants to pair McCabe with Brisebois. Those two couldn't defend a tin can.

Oh man, some fans really don't have a clue. I just saw the worst trade proposal ever.

Hejduk

Tanguay

Liles

for

McCabe

Sundin

And then the guy wants to pair McCabe with Brisebois. Those two couldn't defend a tin can.

Might as well have 5 forwards on the ice

Hejduk

Tanguay

Liles

for

McCabe

Sundin

hmmmmmmmmm............. and Sundin would come back to the fold - something like Forsberg. Better late than never?

:king: :hlogo: :king:

If he had kept his legs closed together, he would have made the save. Who does he think he is, Lindsey Lohan? :P

ROFL

It's pretty difficult to move right to left across the crease and keep you legs together all the time. Also the 5 hole the puck went through was very small. I still think one must be very creative to blame that goal on Theodore.

ROFL

It's pretty difficult to move right to left across the crease and keep you legs together all the time. Also the 5 hole the puck went through was very small. I still think one must be very creative to blame that goal on Theodore.

and some are certainly VERY creative. Théodore was not THE reason for the Avalanche's loss. He was only one of a team of 23 players.

He may not have played at his best but he isn't the only one.

:king: :hlogo: :king: