Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Montreal | 05/02/06

That useless ###### Rivet....

i'll give you leeway and simply say that your comment was out of a sense of frustration.

rivet's not to blame either.

it's merely the result of a series of events that led to the goal.

on RDS TV, the almighty Pedneault is blaming Ryder for not pushing the puck farther into the hurricanes zone. what a joke - another comfy-couched commentator who's not in the heat and stress of the game - jacques demers is saying the same thing... the lovely view out of the safety of distance.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to blame someone for the goal is that idiot Ryder. Instead of getting the puck deep into Carolina zone. He try going 1 against 3 and lost the puck at the blueline while his teamate was changing. That why Rivet was late covering Stillman.

that sucked, and oh all the people to score it has to be that baby Stillman. Go Devils, I hope they light up Carolina and Cam Ward.

Next year should be a bit more promising, but this team still needs some help in the scoring department.

If you want to blame someone for the goal is that idiot Ryder. Instead of getting the puck deep into Carolina zone. He try going 1 against 3 and lost the puck at the blueline while his teamate was changing. That why Rivet was late covering Stillman.

grow up

Its a pity, but we will see some Habs-guys in upcoming World Cup in Riga at least. Aebi, Streit, Markov and "ours" Buli&Pleky :).

I know, this is a bad moment for a thinking about another games in Europe, but its only sport and win can only one :(:(.

Well this sucks! But it hasnt all been bad.... we know for sure that Huet is a keeper and that Plex is one helluva player. Im expecting a shakeup in this team for next year in the tune of Ribeiro being gone.

The only thing that i have to say about this is that the Leafs finally had a truly bad year.

:hlogo:

PS, Souray looks dissapointed now.

shortcat1.....

Huet stops that puck 100 times out of 100 if it doesn't flutter off of the stick....PERIOD.

It was a harmless play other than the tip...Rivet has him contained to the outside...there's no need to take that desperate swipe at the puck.

It's not just frustration that made me say that....I don't think much of Rivet.

me too... the brass is still around... bigscreen sucks tho... i go to philthy's, formally the peel, formally ackroyd's

That place is always changing hands. I hope it doesn't smell as bad as it did before.

Time for me to put my support behind the Sens for the remainder of these playoffs.

GO SENS GO!

no more of this kissing your sister - score big this year!

Everybody wants to go and look for someone to blame, looks like you guys have some, if not many, have gone off and chosen to blame Rivet. Seriously, this series was lost 3 games ago, not on that shot.

Rivet has been solid all the way through and the guy bleeds bleu-blanc-rouge, so serously, leave it be.

Anyone notice a theme going on?

East Coast - Top 4 seeds remain

West Coast - 3 of the bottom 4 seeds remain with a deciding Game 7 tomorrow...

Imagine an Edmonton-Ottawa matchup between 1st and 8th seeds! And all Canada final!

Everybody wants to go and look for someone to blame, looks like you guys have some, if not many, have gone off and chosen to blame Rivet. Seriously, this series was lost 3 games ago, not on that shot.

Rivet has been solid all the way through and the guy bleeds bleu-blanc-rouge, so serously, leave it be.

True man, anybody in that position would have put there stick out to try and redirect the shot. Most of the times in deflects up into the crowd or away from the net and then theres the bad chance that it goes into the net.

Good season boys. I am tremendously upset, but Carolina did not finish extremely high up in the NHL for no reason.

The Stillman goal - Rivet could be blamed for the goal, but hey, that puck usually will go up into the netting and i can see why Rivet wants to stop all shots from hittin the net, although Huet would've probably stopped it. I know what Rivets intentions were on that play though...

I think the ultimate blame should be put on Ryder for that goal, but Ryder was one of the key players on Montreal for the game so I am not going to bash him. But what he did was a bonehead play. He has no dangles, and he tries to carry the puck over the blue line against 3 Canes, does not dump it.....He loses the puck, as expected, and the Canes bank it off the boards while Montreal's defencemen were changing, and stillman has a open left sheet of ice with Rivet pressuring. Once again, I won't bash Ryder though because he played outstanding that game.

Fellow posters, I feel that the game was on Ryder's stick, and he could've saved us if he had simply dumped the puck in.

Edited by habsfan88

Well on to next year....the least of the changes we're going to see next year is Kostytsin with a full time spot and Ribeiro gone most likely bulis too.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Kostytsin ??? Kovalev

Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik

Begin Bonk Murray

On D, we're looking at hopefully the same maybe a solid guy a la Kubina, but the way Dandenault and Bouillon stepped up I'd be happy going with the same 6, as long as we can get a good #7 to play when Sourray is going through one of his many crappy spells.

Huet between the pipes with Danis backing him up and in my opinon it will look like a great year ahead.

QUOTE(shortcat1 @ May 2 2006, 08:51 PM)

grow up

Why because, its the truth.

grow up

one error never costs a series or a whole game

a game's final score is the result of hundreds of small and bigger errors, realized and missed opportunities - to blame one person's one play or error for the game's final result is miopic at best

as before, grow up.

That sucked. Turning point: losing Koivu. It's my belief that if we still had him in the line-up, this series would have never seen a game 6. Kudos to Cam Ward as well.

Anyways, the plan was never to win the cup this season, even Gainey kew that. Some of our young guys got some valuable experience though, and look for the team to come out even stronger next season, and hopefully with much more consistency.

I have a lot of faith in Gainey and what he'll be able to do in terms of bringing up young talent next season as well as using the cap room to fill any of the teams needs.

As always... GO HABS GO!!!!

:ghg:

i agree, bye bye ribeiro, zednick, sundstrom, hello more young kids and a couple of free agents and this team will rock a la buffalo