Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Montreal | 05/02/06

Last dance of the season comming up?

The Canes have the momentum but there is one good thing.

Montreal won't lose 3 straight on their home ice. Aint happening.

Whatever the score will be tonight I'll be happy that this team made it to the playoffs. Without Koivu in the lineup the Hurricanes looks like a better team and Im sure the Habs will be back better than ever next season. Let's get the dance starting!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if we move dandy up to forward and bring in simpson (Downy out)?

Am I the only one sick of Bulis coughing up the puck and not taking a hit. I know there are other players who arn't living up, but Bulis is really annoying me.

That's neither here nor there now. We need to play smart and play hard. Get a couple by Ward and the flood gates should open.

GO HABS GO

I expect Montreal to continue to wilt as they have in the previous 3 games without Koivu. Except after tonights wilting, they're dead for the season. Usually the spring is the season for blooming.

I expected more heart from this team after the Koivu injury. I have been horribly disappointed.

Am I the only one sick of Bulis coughing up the puck and not taking a hit. I know there are other players who arn't living up, but Bulis is really annoying me.

That's neither here nor there now. We need to play smart and play hard. Get a couple by Ward and the flood gates should open.

GO HABS GO

Dandy's been one of our very best defenceman - a classic case of a guy raising his game - so I wouldn't mess with that. However, I WOULD like to see Simpson get a crack.

Bulis has been overrated for far too long. Sure, if we move him he'll score 20+ and get maybe 50-60 points, but this guy is not the kind of player that good teams rely on. The same is obviously true, only 10X moreso, for Ribeiro.

I give the Habs a 40% chance of surviving this game. Kovalev is the key - along with his ailing knee.

Dandy's been one of our very best defenceman - a classic case of a guy raising his game - so I wouldn't mess with that. However, I WOULD like to see Simpson get a crack.

Bulis has been overrated for far too long. Sure, if we move him he'll score 20+ and get maybe 50-60 points, but this guy is not the kind of player that good teams rely on. The same is obviously true, only 10X moreso, for Ribeiro.

I give the Habs a 40% chance of surviving this game. Kovalev is the key - along with his ailing knee.

Yeah i would hate to give up Dandys recent d play. Bottom line is that we're in tough situation. I guess you gotta dance with your date, so throw em out there, play hard, and hope for the best.

I'm confident they will win tonight. Despite their poorest showing in game 5, and the fact they've lost 3 games in a row, they've lost each game by only 1 goal. If the Habs could get an offensive spark from somebody, they will win tonight and force a seventh game. I'll predict that Sundstrom will be back in the lineup for tonight.

GO HABS GO

You can say the same about Ribeiro, good thing neither of them will be back next year.

but let's hope either BG changes up thelines or Bulis and Ribs step up for once in their careers.

GO HABS GO

Be ferocious like a Tiger

2 WORDS

SHOOT HIGH

4 WORDS

SHOOT LOW BLOCKER SIDE

From todays Gazette:

For those of you blessed with fairly long memories, Carbonneau was a leader par excellence during his remarkable 19-season career, even though his three Selke trophies (1988, '89 and '92) established him as an elite defensive player along the lines of GM/head coach Gainey. So who's out there capable of taking control tonight?

"(Steve) Begin. He's one of them," Carbonneau said. "I think Sheldon (Souray) in different ways."

Capt. K's loss leaves leadership void

Who told me Begin is nothing more than a marginal 4th..?

I love Begin!

Montréal in 7.

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

4 words!!

CRASH THE FREAKING NET!!

Make Ward's live misserable! Allthough you have to draw a penalty once, or twice. Knock him of his feet, they do it with our goaltender sometimes.(last game, 2 goalie-interference penalty's!) We have to stick up for ourselves!

GO HABS GO!!

i believe!!!

im pretty confident the habs are going to take this series to game 7. we havent been playing our best hockey in the last 2 games, but we havent been getting the lucky bounces like carolina has been getting. i think its time for luck to come our way a bit.

go habs go!

Gainey is not making any line adjustments. No Kostitsyn :(

Listen I'd like to see this guy as well, but the fact is that you can't count on a rookie to save your hide in a game like this. If we win it'll be because the VETERANS - from Kovy to Zednik to Ribeiro and all of them -step up and play like men. I think Bob is doing the right thing by challenging these guys to play better. If they don't, well, it's a safe bet some of them will have played their last game in the red and white (Ribs, you listening?)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

:ghg:

Looks like this is it folks, you know what I mean, the continuation of a long playoff run ;)

Looking forward to tonights clash, and I figure if we're going to have a shot, Kovy and Huet are going to have to dominate... and someone else (anyone), has got to have a big game tonight.

Habs 4

Canes 3, OT!

I got positive feelings from seeing the last half of the last game. If we can come out flying all over the canes like that and even raise the game a little I think we will win this series. And pls... put Koivu in the bench not as a player but as a motivator.

Prediction:

HABS: 3 (Kovalev, Higgins, Ryder)

Cans: 1 (Recchi)

Its time for Kovalev show.

Listen I'd like to see this guy as well, but the fact is that you can't count on a rookie to save your hide in a game like this. If we win it'll be because the VETERANS - from Kovy to Zednik to Ribeiro and all of them -step up and play like men. I think Bob is doing the right thing by challenging these guys to play better. If they don't, well, it's a safe bet some of them will have played their last game in the red and white (Ribs, you listening?)

Although I know Gainey is reluctant to do these types of rash moves, and I understand that and trust him I don't know if what you say is true. Look at Wolski, he went from junior to the playoffs and has been chipping in well offensively with Colorado.

I think Kostytsin can help, but you are right that it's up to the no-shows of the series, Ribs and Bulis and even Sourray I would say to step up.

Ditto your comment, Bulis and Ribs better perform or my boot will be hitting them in the ass on their way out of town

Although I know Gainey is reluctant to do these types of rash moves, and I understand that and trust him I don't know if what you say is true. Look at Wolski, he went from junior to the playoffs and has been chipping in well offensively with Colorado.

I think Kostytsin can help, but you are right that it's up to the no-shows of the series, Ribs and Bulis and even Sourray I would say to step up.

Ditto your comment, Bulis and Ribs better perform or my boot will be hitting them in the ass on their way out of town

Yer making sense, all right. Kosty might indeed help, but Bob is probably worried about him screwing up defensively, which could hurt us as much as his added offence might or might not contribute. My point was just that Bob shouldn't get flak for making the reasonable decision NOT to dress a raw rookie, and I guess I'm a bit leery of all the breast-beating and second-guessing that's likely to follow a Habs defeat tonight. But I agree with you all the way.

There are so many reasons for Gainey not stirring up the line-up. The Canes are out playing us at the moment. Grinding harder, shooting more all that good stuff.

The Habs are playing a really strong team. I'm not at practice, but since Gainey isn't bringing the kids in I'm going to come to the conclusion that they don't look like they can help the game plan for the moment.

Bulis, Ribs, Zednik, Higgins need to come through big time. As for Pleks and Perez....they have been around long enough now to show us they are able to reach a little deeper and come up BIG. It's time......right now.

I'm not looking at calling up Latendresse for Game six, We have the tools in place. They just need to show up tonight.

Kovalev has the Canes full attention now that he told them Game 1 and 2 were like practice, with all the room he had.............stupid!

Whoever was covering Koivu is now taking kovalev's double shifts, who is probably fried.

I'm looking to Ryder...........he needs to bury a few on the power play.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell happend to the team that was pinning up the Canes in their own end for shifts at a time.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 HABS Overtime

Dandy, Higgins

Show your colors!

It’s crunch time in the Canadiens’ first-round matchup with the Hurricanes, and the team is counting on your support! Encourage the club by wearing your Canadiens jersey to Tuesday’s game and as a special bonus, you will receive a limited-edition Alex Kovalev or Cristobal Huet playoff towel absolutely FREE!

Show your colors

Tbrnk! Want that Huet towel..

"I think they're trying to bother me and that must mean we scare them in some way. I think they're trying little things like that to get us out of our game. When they try to push things to the limit, I think we have to take that as a compliment."

-Cristobal Huet

Gotta love him.

Hip hip Huet

I hope dearly that this isn't the last game thread post for the year... We CAN beat these sonsofbitches... so let's do it!!!

Prediction:

MTL > CAR

Huet > Ward

GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

Edited by lazy26

Oh please dont end now. Im so nervous.

Please god(s) make them crash the net. And make Komi Kill/hurt/destroy/splatter/level/Ufc/pummel that punk brindamour.(sarcasm)

I hope they do their best.

Go Habs Go!

Of course, I am hoping for the best and confident of a win tonight and hopeful for a win in game 7.

But, I am going to enjoy myself tonight. We have a good team with lots of good young players. We have a bunch of very good prospects and the Habs future looks better than it has looked for a long time. We have a great GM and coaching staff.

We could lose tonight if the refs make more mistakes or if we get some really bad bounces but it won't matter in the long run. We have a bright future and I am about to enjoy a Habs playoff game!! :)

If things don't go as well as we all hope tonight or on Thursday, just think how infinitely happier we are than Leaf's fans as they cling to their 1967 memories. :king:

Go-Habs-Go!!!!