Five Things I Am Looking Forward To Next Season...

TheBigRedC

5. Carbo taking over

4. Seeing some new UFA's in red, white and blue.

3. Solving the goaltending controversy

2. Prospects developping (Pleks, Perez, etc...)

1. Kicking butt!

Great season guys! We will get them next season.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Some grit!!! Hopefully Bertuzzi! Bye Bye...Ribeiro, Bulis, Zednik, Souray.

Van can ######in keep Burtuzzi. And why would you want to drop souray? He was going through some tough times at the beginning of the year but he scored some big goals for us late in the year. Hes a keeper in my books. One of the few leaders we have (koivu, Rivet and Kovalev being the others).

Some grit!!! Hopefully Bertuzzi! Bye Bye...Ribeiro, Bulis, Zednik, Souray.

SOURAY??? What is wrong with people...sure, he's prone to catastrophic lapses, but he's also a heart and soul guy with a devastating shot and a strong physical presence. That he's imperfect doesn't mean he's worthless. Every team in the league would love to have him.

Bertuzzi - sure, if we want to waste $5 mil.

Arnott or Briere - now yer talking.

SOURAY??? What is wrong with people...sure, he's prone to catastrophic lapses, but he's also a heart and soul guy with a devastating shot and a strong physical presence. That he's imperfect doesn't mean he's worthless. Every team in the league would love to have him.

Bertuzzi - sure, if we want to waste $5 mil.

Arnott or Briere - now yer talking.

Souray!! That's right he scores a few goalsbut his gaffs were series turning...remember game # 3. We need grit...have none..and oh ya Plekanec, Perezogan and Kostistsyn have potential but how many goals have they scored this season or these playoffs??

1. Kostitsyn getting a real chance.

2. Higgins and Plex playing big roles

3. A new 2nd line Center

4. D-men who don't make such major mistakes

5. Latendresse living up to the hype he created last fall

Plekanec, Perezogan and Kostistsyn have potential but how many goals have they scored this season or these playoffs??

What a silly statement. Kostitsyn didn't even play! How could he score? And how can you knock Plex? He was one of the best players for the Habs this series. He may not have scored any goals, but he played his ass off and made things happen. I'm excited about what he will do next year with a full season under his belt.

1. Kostitsyn getting a real chance.

2. Higgins and Plex playing big roles

3. A new 2nd line Center

4. D-men who don't make such major mistakes

5. Latendresse living up to the hype he created last fall

What a silly statement. Kostitsyn didn't even play! How could he score? And how can you knock Plex? He was one of the best players for the Habs this series. He may not have scored any goals, but he played his ass off and made things happen. I'm excited about what he will do next year with a full season under his belt.

I can hear it now....

GUY GUY GUY GUY GUY GUY..................................

Only for the 07-08 season, he needs a year in Hamilton first. :hlogo:

1. Kostitsyn playing on the 2nd line

2. Latendresse winning Calder

3. Perezhogin and Plekanec continuing to develop

4. Komisarek following in Larry Robinson's footsteps (one monstrous hit guys, just one...)

5. Move past 7th place and 1st round

and for a bonus:

6. Hire Larry Robinson as assistant coach!!!!

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Hmm, hard to say what we'll look like opening night 06/07. Things will get better, anyway we've come a long way already -- remember we started the season with Dagenais on a top line...

5. Carbo taking over

1. Kicking butt!

I think you'll be mighty dissapointed with #4. And pleasantly suprised with the others

Edited by kaos

I'm going to lean upon Kostitsyn, new UFAs (D-men and big scorer).

The Habs should be an interesting options for UFAs now based on this season and on the core of players they got.

1. Getting a real #1 C.

2. Kostitsyn winning Calder

3. Getting a solid D in return of Richard "2 moves, one of them is faking doing nothing" Zednik

4. Getting one more Begin-like leader/sparkplug in the lineup

5. Hoping that Carbo can teach "killer instinct".

I'd move Bonk, Ribs. Sunny and Zednik, try to somehow get a #1 C (Koivu, Plekanec and Begin are #2, 3 and 4), an offensive D to help the PP (Rivet can't hit the net!) and another Begin-type of guy.

Give spots to Kosty and Ferland/Lapierre (a younh hungry checker) and whip those guys so hard, they won't ever drop a possible 3-0 lead in a series with less than a minute left in a Game 3. That's where the series ended because the Habs just didnt had the killer instinct.

I think you'll be mighty dissapointed with #4. And pleasantly suprised with the others

I think at least one new body will be here, especially with Sundstrom, Bulis, and Streit all probably not coming back.

Kostitsyn will be better than any UFA we sign. Maybe not this season, but in the long term. It's him I'm excited about.

5. Carbo taking over

1. Kicking butt!

Carbonneau taking over... I agree

New UFA's... I'm ambivalent

Goaltending controversy... there isn't one - Huet is worthy of the # 1 position

Prospects developping... NOW, YOU'RE TALKING MY LANGUAGE!!!!!

Kicking butt!... always looking forward to that.

----------------------------------------------

I look forward mostly to the development and influx of young hungry wolves

I look forward to a faster skating and smoother playing team

I look forward to watching my bleu-blanc-rouge on the ice again.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

good riddance, then.

not being perfect is one thing, but giving the puck away as he does is just dumb, careless playing. a leader shouldn't be as much of a bonehead on the ice as he is. don't get me wrong, i'm not asking for his head, but i do hope Gainey gets rid of him in the off season. he's the one D i have problems (and a lot of them) with. how can you feel safe with Souray on the blue line giving as many turnovers or just looking at the puck as a opponent is making his play?

we've got a strong D and i hope Gainey keeps all of them, but i could do without Souray's boneheadedness. let him be a waterboy or something if he's a leader in the locker room, but on the ice, he's a ######ing moron.

1. Getting a real #1 C.

is Selanne here yet?

3. Getting a solid D in return of Richard "2 moves, one of them is faking doing nothing" Zednik

HA! :) laughed so hard on this one. thanks.

btw, he actually came out of his shell during the last couple of games. if he could play like that during the regular season, i'd be all for keeping him. he was great with Perez and Pleks.

4. Getting one more Begin-like leader/sparkplug in the lineup

was i alone in loving Garth Murray last night? i really hope Gainey keeps him on.

i can't wait to see what Bob does in the off season. next season is gonna be an exciting one for Habs fans! :)

No to Selanne.

I agree with Fanpuck, this team needs a center. Arnott isn't the answer and who knows if Richards is attainable? Whats the situation with Marleau in San Jose? Anybody know. I though I heard he was an UFA this summer?

We might need a goalie.. from what I know Huet is a UFA and can sign with whoever he wants and you can be sure that other teams will be interested. David "Hackett 2" Aebisher isnt the Conn smythe kinda goalie we need. We dont need a decent goalie who can keep us in the battle for a playoff spot.. we need the franchise goalie who can win us playoff games on his own (like the Theo we had 2002).