Official Off Season Thread

Fanpuck33

Habs should definantly sign huet, and i believe it would be wise to trade abeisher in a package deal to get an goal scorer or top defencemen. gainey should buy out bonks contract, since he costs way to much to be a fourht line player. what do u guys think about bob bringing in shanny?? we desperately need a right handed shot, but his age is wat scares me. at the right price, i think he could be useful to the habs. what do u guys think? aslo, can someone post a list of the possible UFA please.

Edited by habsrock_6

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bonk buyout and resultant cap-hit would be really expensive and it would be difficult to get much value out of it, if at all. Bonk has some quality and it would be difficult if not impossible to replace in a new acquisition from the cleared cash.

Habs should definantly sign huet, and i believe it would be wise to trade abeisher in a package deal to get an goal scorer or top defencemen. gainey should buy out bonks contract, since he costs way to much to be a fourht line player. what do u guys think about bob bringing in shanny?? we desperately need a right handed shot, but his age is wat scares me. at the right price, i think he could be useful to the habs. what do u guys think? aslo, can someone post a list of the possible UFA please.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

Go here and click on the Free Agents tab at the side of the page.

:hlogo:

Well after hearing what Pat Hickey and the other speculation is, I am guessing that Huet will be back.

RFA that will be traded include, Aebischer and Ribeiro

UFA that will not be resigned include Bulis Sundstrom etc...

Huet and Danis in goal is very solid. I thought Danis could be a backup last year. He's solid positionally and in my opinion will do just as well as Aebischer, but will cost less.

The D will remain largely the same. Streit and Simpson will be gone, I expect the other 6 back, with perhaps a high-end 3 or depth number 6 / 7 brought in, but the group was adequate if Sourray plays better. Bouillon and Dandenault stepped up huge and we could see there being more of a spread in playing time as if 4 #3 guys, lowering the role of Rivet and Sourray.

Up Front, the main addition will be Kostytsing and I believe that Gainey will go get Arnott. That will be a huge addition to our top two lines.

1. Higgins Koivu Ryder (Hopefully can pick up where they were before Saku's eye injury)

2. Kostytsin Arnott Kovalev (Power of Arnott, Skill of Kovalev and the all around offensive ability and Youthful exuberance of Kosty)

3. Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik (If they can play like the playoffs, the young guys will have a better ability to pot some goals with the experience, watch out and Zed coming back from an off year)

4. Murray Bonk Begin (if Bonk is back). ( The Bash Brothers)

I don't know about you guys but the addition of Kostytsin and Arnott and removal of Ribeiro and Bulis makes this seem that much better to me than last year.

Go Gainey Go,

1 addition in Arnott and this team looks very different to me.....Now I'm excted again.

I really hope they don't get Arnott. I'm just not sold on this guy. He completley dissappeared in the playoffs, has injury problems, and has never consistently put up points.

I wish there was a better option instead of arnott but we need a big second line center who's righthanded...I mean..it's a perfect fit.

besides, carbonneau and gainey know him to the bone

but I think he's an ontario native..maybe he'd rathersign with the maple laughs

:puke:

I wish there was a better option instead of arnott but we need a big second line center who's righthanded...I mean..it's a perfect fit.

besides, carbonneau and gainey know him to the bone

but I think he's an ontario native..maybe he'd rathersign with the maple laughs

:puke:

Well I guess the Leafs could be a option. But if the go with Paul Maurice as coach (Very Likely), he may push for playing time for some of the younger kids.

I've heard some bad tings about Arnott. Apparently, the fans in Dallas are praying for the day he leaves and he's their whooping boy. I wonder what we'd say about him if he ever landed himself here.

I've heard some bad tings about Arnott. Apparently, the fans in Dallas are praying for the day he leaves and he's their whooping boy. I wonder what we'd say about him if he ever landed himself here.

Well thats the first I've heard of that. Definitely do not want this guy in Montreal.

Theres probably a reason he's been shuttled around the league.

a bonk buyout and resultant cap-hit would be really expensive and it would be difficult to get much value out of it, if at all. Bonk has some quality and it would be difficult if not impossible to replace in a new acquisition from the cleared cash.

as long as he's on the 4th line and pk, I don'T mind bonk. he'll be gone in a year so lets be patient here

i dont want arnott either

i think that bob will try to get a second line centre from one of the above mentioned teams needing a goalie

aebisher and ribeiro do have trade value, and could definitely snag a second line centre.....not sure who is available from these teams though

:?- :shock: Trade Ribiero, Perezhogin, & Zednik to the Wild for M. Gaborik. Then trade Ryder & Bonk to Big D for J. Lehtinen & S. Ott. Throw in C. Locke & J. Ferland if needed to make these trades. Then sign either( J. Arnott- M. Savard or D. Briere) to center our top line with Gaborik & Kovalev. Then sign T. Selanne to play with Lehtinen & Saku as our second line. Third line Plecanek, Higgins, Kostitsin. Fourth line Begin, Murray & Ott. In goal sign Huet along with M. Biron both for no more then 5 million a season. Our D would stay basiclly the same re-sign Bouillion and maybe another mobile depth guy.

milburry? is that you ??

1st: trading perezhogin would be like shooting you in the foot...think afinoghenov

2nd: why would minnesota trade their markee player for our garbage and one prospect??

3rd: you would trade a 4th line player and a 30 goal scorer for a 3 rd line player and a UFA ??

it's time to sign huet..how much would you give him

please try to be realistic

I say 10M for 3 years

Id say 3 years, 1.5 mil, 2 mil, and 2.5 mil. Possibly a little more but i dunno, can we give him bonuses under the new CBA??

:hlogo:

:?- :shock: Trade Ribiero, Perezhogin, & Zednik to the Wild for M. Gaborik. Then trade Ryder & Bonk to Big D for J. Lehtinen & S. Ott. Throw in C. Locke & J. Ferland if needed to make these trades. Then sign either( J. Arnott- M. Savard or D. Briere) to center our top line with Gaborik & Kovalev. Then sign T. Selanne to play with Lehtinen & Saku as our second line. Third line Plecanek, Higgins, Kostitsin. Fourth line Begin, Murray & Ott. In goal sign Huet along with M. Biron both for no more then 5 million a season. Our D would stay basiclly the same re-sign Bouillion and maybe another mobile depth guy.

Calm down buddy, the cap is not 60M$ next year !!!!

Lets sign both Redden and Chara while we're at it !!!!

I'm not going to bandy around numbers like that. I have no real concept of what those numbers mean in terms of lifestyle, etc.

All I can say is that I hope that Huet is signed... that's all.

:king: :hlogo: :king: :hlogo: :king:

I'm not going to bandy around numbers like that. I have no real concept of what those numbers mean in terms of lifestyle, etc.

All I can say is that I hope that Huet is signed... that's all.

:king: :hlogo: :king: :hlogo: :king:

Much like Ryder and Ribeiro before him I see Gainey giving him a 1 year deal for around $2 Million. This is to find out if he's for real or not. He he plays well next year, at about the half way point, they'll do a long term extension.

For him to go from $456,000 to $2 Million is a 340% increase in pay. Thats for more than any of us will ever see.

Wow thats creative, and ummm optimistic

Regardless of money, I say don't sign ihm more than 2 years. He oculd end up backfiring like Theo did and end up as a 1 hit wonder.

what about trading souray, zednik and ribeiro for a 1a or 1b centre and then signing a defenseman

or souray zednik and aebischer

i mean do we need a centreman or do we need souray???

not that i have a real problem with the guy, other than he cant play one on one, he does bring many things to the table but for souray zednik and aebi, we could really get something that could change the offensive outlook of this team and thats what the habs really need

what about trading souray, zednik and ribeiro for a 1a or 1b centre and then signing a defenseman

or souray zednik and aebischer

i mean do we need a centreman or do we need souray???

not that i have a real problem with the guy, other than he cant play one on one, he does bring many things to the table but for souray zednik and aebi, we could really get something that could change the offensive outlook of this team and thats what the habs really need

Nothing is wrong with trading Souray and help for a #1 center except for the fact that what you list above probably isn't worth a #1 center.

As well if Souray was traded, Montreal would have to replace him with a good UFA defensman. Not sure there is money for that.