Roberto Luongo

Koivu11

Most of you know that Roberto Luongo is a restricted free agent this summer. There was a little controversy last year when an arbitrator had to settle a contract with the panthers GM Mike Keenan. Well my sources say he "IS" staying with The Panthers and for a long time!

I recently gave my Roberto Luongo NYI prospect card to my friends mom who works with Roberto's mom. (yes she does work :P ) Well im still waiting for it its been 2 weeks the reason is...

He is building a new house for himself in FLA. Does this mean he's staying i would guess YES how bout you guys :D

INTENSITY

INTEGRITY

INTELLIGENCE

Most of you know that Roberto Luongo is a restricted free agent this summer. There was a little controversy last year when an arbitrator had to settle a contract with the panthers GM Mike Keenan. Well my sources say he "IS" staying with The Panthers and for a long time!

I recently gave my Roberto Luongo NYI prospect card to my friends mom who works with Roberto's mom. (yes she does work :P ) Well im still waiting for it its been 2 weeks the reason is...

He is building a new house for himself in FLA. Does this mean he's staying i would guess YES how bout you guys :D

INTENSITY

INTEGRITY

INTELLIGENCE

No big deal. We have a couple of good goalies and some good ones coming up. If he's not available... he's not available. Life goes on and we grow on...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Shortcat i know maybe you thought that i was directing this post toward the habs but i wasn't. It's allright if you misunderstood because since were not in habs talk i did not direct it towards the habs, although it would've been nice to have him here i was just stating that I think Luongo will stay in Florida for a long long time :P:D

Off Topic But :hlogo: GO BG GO :hlogo:

INTENSITY

INTEGRITY

INTELLIGENCE

luongo could easily sell his home and move with a stanley cup contender.

heck' he could move in tampa and he could keep his house. it's a win/win situation for him

if he's not resigned by next season, I would expect bobby clarke to be really agressive trying to make a deal for RL

They offered him $30 million over five years, which is the same contract he turned down earlier this season. There's now way his agent is gonna let him agree to a contract that would delay his UFA status for four years. At the most, he re-ups for two years, but I'm still convinced he's gaone after one because he just doesn't like Keenan.

if he's not resigned by next season, I would expect bobby clarke to be really agressive trying to make a deal for RL

Bobby Clarke isn't aggressive... he's NASTY aggressive.

He won't get Luongo anyway.

Roberto is a top five quality goaltender and he knows it. I doubt that he will want to stay with the Panthers for very long... I get the feeling that he wants to play for a contender soon, not wait for Keenan to try and make one. Which will take a while.

:hlogo:

• 4 weeks later...

yes he says that he is not confident he will stay with the Panthers long term and won't sign a long term deal and be traded to a team not of his choice.

For those of us who are dreaming of having Luongo in the bleu-blanc-rouge, forget it.

He's not going to come here. Main reason is that there's no way that Gainey's going to give some seven million dollars to one player. Also, we have two more than adequate guys between the pipes now and there's more coming up in the next few years.

Luongo.... as attractive as he may seem.... we don't need him.

Bob Mackenzie offers this on tsn.ca: "Even if the Panthers could find a trading partner, it would be difficult to get anything good for him. The bottom line is, no team is going to give up valuable players or draft picks for a player who is going to be unrestricted."

I agree.

While Mackenzie proves a good point, he should also know that Luongo is easily one of the top 5 goalies in the world and some teams would take that risk.

Problem is, Luongo isn't moving out from Florida for a LONG LONG time.

edit: Typo

Edited by Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like LA is pushing hard for Luongo and offering up a pretty sweet package. Alexander Frolov, Dustin Brown and Mattiew Garon. Deal could work well for both teams. This is the early rumour anyways

Frolov is an excellent talent and playing with Jokenin could see 30 goal 80+ seasons. Garon is capable of being a #1 goalie, or Florida with lots of cap room could go after a better goalie. Dustin Brown is a nice throw in who is still developing and could easily be a 20+ goal scorer.

Deal could work out very well for both teams.

Looks like LA is pushing hard for Luongo and offering up a pretty sweet package. Alexander Frolov, Dustin Brown and Mattiew Garon. Deal could work well for both teams. This is the early rumour anyways

Frolov is an excellent talent and playing with Jokenin could see 30 goal 80+ seasons. Garon is capable of being a #1 goalie, or Florida with lots of cap room could go after a better goalie. Dustin Brown is a nice throw in who is still developing and could easily be a 20+ goal scorer.

Deal could work out very well for both teams.

FOR ANY OTHER TEAM TO "UP THE ANTE" ON L.A. IS GOING TO BE VERY DIFFICULT. HE'S PROBABLY A KING SOON

While Mackenzie proves a good point, he should also know that Luongo is easily one of the top 5 goalies in the world and some teams would take that risk.

Problem is, Luongo isn't moving out from Florida for a LONG LONG time.

edit: Typo

he is moving out of FLA, but not to MTL

why overpay when we got as good if not better coming up (Price :bow: )

FOR ANY OTHER TEAM TO "UP THE ANTE" ON L.A. IS GOING TO BE VERY DIFFICULT. HE'S PROBABLY A KING SOON

It's IMPOSSIBLE that they are offering that much.

Maybe Brown and Garon AT MOST.

adding Frolov is a suicide.

Yeah, what streamer said. I don't consider Brown a throw in. He's a great prospect. I can't believe that LA offered that much.

How's this for adding fuel to the fire. Detroit may be interested in him.

There was a wire story in the paper today that Detroit is looking for goaltending, and Keenan has said publicly he is going to try to move Luongo at the draft. If the Wings are serious, they may be willing to deal Pavel Datsyuk, who may be highlight material during the regular season, but has yet to score a playoff goal. Maybe throw in Manny Legace. The story also mentions Vancouver and a possible deal involving Todd Bertuzzi. But you can bet that Keenan's preference is to send him to the Western Conference.