Higgins baby!!!!!!

Habs77

Alright... Great news.

Anyone think that Higgins has a shot at playing for the habs next year? ... If so we'll have to do alot of house-cleaning before then (or suffer alot of injuries , *knock on wood*) ... You never know... I mean Komisarek got some NHL action last year and its usually tougher for d-men to adjust to the NHL then it is for forwards.

At least one senior member of the Habs braintrust thinks that Higgins is ready for the NHL NOW. I think that's Martin Madden but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's good news because it can only help Komisarek that his good buddy is on the team.

One month until the draft. Surely the NEXT month will be more interesting and eventful than the last month has been.

Cool to see Higgins signed! I've been desperate for some Habs news, even if I'm in yet another city for the 5th consecutive week! (6th straight comes next week!)

I remember reading the same thing Justathot read, the Higgins was probably the most NHL ready of the Habs prospects. I still think that unless there are some major moves made, that Higgins will start the year in Hamilton. I even hesitate to say that he would follow the same lines as Komisarek. Komi was a need for the Habs...I mean Dykhuis, Traverse, Bouillon, Souray injured, Brisebois injured, Quintal injured, etc, etc. That Habs fortunately didn't have that problem at the forward position this year. First and foremost, Higgins will get the icetime in training camp, and ultimately, a lot of ice time in Hamilton so he can get used to the speed of the game there. Could be a late season callup...but only time will tell...