Go Edmonton!

Psycing

Well, with the Habs out, you've gotta go for someone right?

Looks like history will repeat itself, and most will likely be routing for a Western... erm... Make that an Alberta club for the 2nd season in a row.

Personally, I'm quite glad the Oilers have made it this far as Ryan Smyth has been my favorite player in the NHL for quite a few years now. And, the guy has been playing some inspirational hockey lately.

Anyways, it's currently Game 6 of the Western Semi-Finals, and Edmonton is up 3 games to 2 against the Thornton :puke: lead Sharks.

They're currently leading 1-0 on an (extremely pretty) unassisted Michael Peca goal. It's the 2nd period, and the Oilers are on a Power-Play! Here's hoping Smyth makes up for his miss on the break-away just now and puts them ahead 2-0!

GO OILERS!!! :hockey:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D!!!

Wow, I like 3 of the 4 teams in the Conference finals now. (Carolina being on my hate-list.)

Edmonton vs Buffalo Final!

:D

Wow, I like 3 of the 4 teams in the Conference finals now. (Carolina being on my hate-list.)

Yes, but Carolina is the only one who has the chance of letting us say that only the last two Cup winners have kept us from it.

thats how we play hockey

go duck hunting now, boys !!!

this could be the best series of the playoffs

Yes, but Carolina is the only one who has the chance of letting us say that only the last two Cup winners have kept us from it.

Very true... but I just can't like them :P. I'm tired of getting series leads on them and blowing it. I figure, we'll use the "3rd time's a charm" idea next time we face 'em, and beat them... ensuring a run for the cup! :king:

The fans there tonight were very classy too. They cheered the American anthem and ours even louder!!!

:hlogo:

I support them by default because they are the last remaining Canadian team. But I must admit that I got no satisfaction from their win.

I wouldn't mind if Carolina wins because then we can say that we were taken out by the eventual winners, whose coach named us the top opponent, and only got by us by sticking Koivu in the eye ... so we should, by simple deduction, have won the Cup ... yeah, Habs fan only and Team Canada)! Canadian supporter, therefore, go Edmonton.

I'm somewhat ambivalent. :mellow:

On the one hand, Edmonton, being a Canadian team, makes it an attractive option for my 'G0 GO's but, as with Fanpuck33, I agree that the idea of saying that we were beaten by THE eventual Stanley Cup winners makes it an easier thing to swallow.

So..................................., in the east, GO CAROLINA GO! and, in the west, GO EDMONTON GO! :)

If they both win their series, then in the finals, it'll be GO WHOEVER GO! :):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Anaheim because I called them as my fairy-tale team of the playoffs.

Buffalo because they were robbed of a Cup by Bret Hull's contorvercial goal.

Carolina because then we can say we lost to the champs again.

Edmonton because they're my favouroite team left.

I'm somewhat ambivalent. :mellow:

On the one hand, Edmonton, being a Canadian team, makes it an attractive option

if toronto would be the last canadian team standing you'd cheer for them ??

I do not have any sympathy for the sens, the laughs and the canucks. but I do love theflames and the oilers

maybe it's because I lived in alberta for a while..who knows :lol:

i was at the buffalo-edmonton game in january..so here'S my pick for the final

go oilers

I hate Anaheim so much. Not because they beat my boys, they just have to have the worst fanbase in the NHL. The crowd atmosphere was totally lax, no energy at all. The Western Conference final! They weren't even close to a sellout and all their internet fans are nothing but a bunch of trolls. I hope Edmonton beats the Ducks to holy hell.

I hate Anaheim so much. Not because they beat my boys, they just have to have the worst fanbase in the NHL. The crowd atmosphere was totally lax, no energy at all. The Western Conference final! They weren't even close to a sellout and all their internet fans are nothing but a bunch of trolls. I hope Edmonton beats the Ducks to holy hell.

Oh come on! Where's the love for Selanne? :D

I hate Edmonton, I've always hated Edmonton, I always will hate Edmonton. (the teams, not the city)

The closest I can get to a positive emotion towards them is a gloating pity when they miss the playoffs.

Go Sabres

:D

Edmonton went up 2-zip in the series tonight against the Ducks! Looking good heading back to Edmonton, where the team has played some fatastic hockey!

Go Oilers!

Go Buffalo!

Ducks Drown in OIL~!

I wish I saw less oilers car flags, but now I really truely hate anahiem and they must die.

Ducks Drown in OIL~!

I wish I saw less oilers car flags, but now I really truely hate anahiem and they must die.

Don't you wanna say you lost to the Champs?

Meh, me neither - Carolina sucks!

If only we had lost to Edmonton...

Edmonton is the only team left that has won the cup before.

I like the fact that a small number of teams has ever won the Stanley Cup. It makes the trophy so much more wanted. And Ryan Smyth is f favourite.

Go Edmonton!

Is there anything better then the atmosphere of a NHL playoff game in Canada?

Good game so far, a fight with a couple scrums. Huge hits, lots of chances, crowd is right into it. And I loved how the anthem singer just let the fans sing the Canadian anthem. Friggin awesome.