Go Edmonton!

Psycing

Hahahahaha, Bryzgalov coughs it up behind the net and it's 1-0 Edmonton.

I am glad to see Edmonton doing so well in the playoffs. I can remeber the Gretzky years like it was yesterday. Now when the Habs get back to the tradition of competing for cups life will be good again.

The Avalanche for some reason never worry me if they will make the playoffs and challenge because, well two words JOE SAKIC!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YYYYYEEEEESSSSS

Mike Peca scores to make it 2-0.

Stick a fork in 'em, they're done.

----------------------

3-0!!!!!!!!

------------------------

And Pronger pots one to make it 4-0.

This is ****ing great.

How does it feel now Duckies?

I love how Edmonton scored so quickly that all 3 posts got squished together into one. :P

-------------------

Phooey, it's 4-2 now.

---------------------------

Dammit, I jinxed them. Stupid me. :angry:

4-3 Oilers

------------------------

PHEW!

Edmonton scores to make it 5-3

I feel like I'm the only one watching this game. :P

-----------------------------------

Marchant makes it 5-4 with a minute and a half to go

----------------------------------

Penner misses a GLORIOUS chance with about 15 seconds left and Edmonton takes the game 5-4 and a 3-0 series lead.

WOOHOO! doo doo doo duh doo doo doo WOOHOO!

--------------------------------------

There, now this squishy post makes a little more sense.

Edited by jetsniper

jetsniper I just read your post with the play by play and almost fell off my chair laughing. I thought you were going to have a heart attack! Now just wait until next year when the Rebuilt Avalanche make it to the finals. WooHoo I hope to see this kind of enthusiasm next year. :hockey:

I missed most of the game last night, but I was lucky enough to catch the 3rd.... :D Good timing eh? Pretty scary as the Ducks quickly brought themselves back into it.

Gotta hope that The Oilers take 'em out next game tho... they could use the rest. Then again, the rest didn't exactly help the Ducks... did it?

jetsniper I just read your post with the play by play and almost fell off my chair laughing. I thought you were going to have a heart attack! Now just wait until next year when the Rebuilt Avalanche make it to the finals. WooHoo I hope to see this kind of enthusiasm next year. :hockey:

Trust me, when it was 4-3, I almost did. You'll never see me get this worked up over the Eskimos or whatever pansy team they have in the NLL though. Oilers only just because I'm a big fan of Smyth, Smith and Pronger. And a bunch of other guys like Horcoff, Torres and Hemsky.

And I can't wait to see what Lacroix and Giggy do with the team. I should be fine as long as Skrastins, Blake and Sakic are back.

Trust me, when it was 4-3, I almost did. You'll never see me get this worked up over the Eskimos or whatever pansy team they have in the NLL though. Oilers only just because I'm a big fan of Smyth, Smith and Pronger. And a bunch of other guys like Horcoff, Torres and Hemsky.

And I can't wait to see what Lacroix and Giggy do with the team. I should be fine as long as Skrastins, Blake and Sakic are back.

Not as long as Red Light Theo is there.

Watch Budaj take over the job by mid-season. That is 5.5M$ down the drain. Does Brisebois ring a bell????

Theo is as bad as Brisebois.

Other then that, the Avs should have a good team.

On the Edmonton subject.... tough loss to swallow last night at home, I had the Oilers in 6, so at least that might happen :P

Still, I think the loss will simply give them the killer instinct for next game ;).

On the Edmonton subject.... tough loss to swallow last night at home, I had the Oilers in 6, so at least that might happen :P

Still, I think the loss will simply give them the killer instinct for next game ;).

I picked Oilers in 7. I REALLY don't want that to happen.

Not as long as Red Light Theo is there.

Watch Budaj take over the job by mid-season. That is 5.5M$ down the drain. Does Brisebois ring a bell????

Theo is as bad as Brisebois.

Other then that, the Avs should have a good team.

What? Not as long as what?

I didn't say we'd win the Cup or anything, I said I want to see how the GM does.

And cut the Theo crap, it's gotten old.

Edmonton is the only team left that has won the cup before.

I like the fact that a small number of teams has ever won the Stanley Cup. It makes the trophy so much more wanted.

i ABSOLUTELY agree with you.

i don't really like Edmonton - but i'm cheering for them simply because they've won it before - i love the exclusivity of the SC.

What? Not as long as what?

I didn't say we'd win the Cup or anything, I said I want to see how the GM does.

And cut the Theo crap, it's gotten old.

It's not crap, it's a fact.

Not my fault if you're stuck with a 5.5M$ garbage goalie.

Will see how old it is next year (which is the future) when you hire a sniper to shoot him down.

Am I the only Sabres fan here?!

They are the team that most closely look like the Habs: small and speedy, didn't get the chance to draft a top 4 or 5 pick in their rough years, didn't go for big-name rent-a-players at the deadline.

I also can't help to have a soft spot for a team with Brière, Dumont and Pominville. :P

I'm hoping for a Buffalo-Edmonton finals. It'd give some insanely exciting hockey.

They are the team that most closely look like the Habs: small and speedy, didn't get the chance to draft a top 4 or 5 pick in their rough years, didn't go for big-name rent-a-players at the deadline.

I also can't help to have a soft spot for a team with Brière, Dumont and Pominville. :P

I'm hoping for a Buffalo-Edmonton finals. It'd give some insanely exciting hockey.

I cannot believe you forgot Chris Drury. his playoff runs with the Avalanche were legendary. Plus he looks great on Buffalo as I think it gave him his seccond wind playing with young aggressive players. Yup there are some here that admire the Sabres and I hope they beat Carolina in that 7th game. Would love to see Buffalo take on Edmonton. I like many more players on Buffalo than the oil so I would be cheering for the Sabres.

Yeah, I really like Buffalo too, I'm hoping they for a Buffalo-Edmonton final. Connolly is out though and he was probably my favorite Sabre to watch. I'd love to see the Avs sign him in the offseason.

I'd definitely be cheering for Edmonton in the final though. Way more players I like there. Torres, Pronger, Roloson, Smyth, Pisani, Smyth, Smith, Samsonov, Peca. Buffalo just has Briere, Dumont, Connolly, Lydman and Miller. For all Drury did as an Av, he was a whiny baby with the Flames and that turned me off.

Yup... lookin' like an Edmonton / Buffalo finals.

The speed on the ice is going to be supersonic. Looking forward to it.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Yup... lookin' like an Edmonton / Buffalo finals.

The speed on the ice is going to be supersonic. Looking forward to it.

That's what the game needs. A proof that the new rules gives more exciting hockey and an incentive for teams to go with speed and talent over size and toughness.

yeah, I'm totally in that band wagon ever since the beginning of this round. I hate southern teams anyways!

I'm in the Buffalo boat too. I picked a Detroit-Buffalo final sometime during the regular season, and I'm sticking to it, and it's fitting that the Oilers are on the otherside seeing they eliminated the Wings.

Though, I've enjoyed Buffalo's play for ages. They've got no sure "superstar" on their team. They simply work hard and do their best to win every shift. I only hope that they can finish off the Canes in Game 7. There is no way I can ever really like Carolina... lol.

*shrug*

Either way, GO OILERS!

yeah, I'm totally in that band wagon ever since the beginning of this round. I hate southern teams anyways!

I had a soft spot for Buffalo since they ditched Hasek and the NJ-wannabe style for younger guys. For a while they were a repository for "busts" like Dumont, Connolly and Pyatt but they've come around.

Brière really has grown on me. To think that guy was put on waivers by Phoenix and nobody picked him!!!