Fifa World Cup

sakiqc

World Cup 2006  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for? (Poll choices sorted by current winning odds)

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czeck Republic
    • Sweden
    • Mexico
    • Ukraine
    • USA
    • Serbia
    • Ivory Coast
    • Poland
    • Switzerland
    • Australia
    • (Other)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have to cheer for France.

An Italy-Portugal final would be disgraceful.

I second that thought.

If it's Italy-Portugal, I'll only be watching the "Bonze" game.

I second that thought.

Precisely. I'll be at multimillon dollar cabin on Lake Windemere, I'll have better things to do then see who can outdive the other.

My dads Italian friend was trying to explain how Italy had the best goalie in the tournament because he only allowed 1 goal and it was an own goal.

Pssh. GO GERMANY!

I hope you told him that the Suisse team didnt even get a goal against. Zubie for president ^_^

Precisely. I'll be at multimillon dollar cabin on Lake Windemere, I'll have better things to do then see who can outdive the other.

Portugal arent that bad. Actually I came to like them during the World Cup. They did a good job beating Holland (who were the REAL divers all-star team) but they have little chance againts France and the amazing Zidane-Henry duo and the good supporting cast Vieira and Ribeiro (oops, Ribery I mean. I guess Mike is cheering for Portugal)

I second that thought.

Then you'd miss some great soccer. The Italy-Germany game was excellent, and I might add, the better team won.

Go Italy!

Then you'd miss some great soccer. The Italy-Germany game was excellent, and I might add, the better team won.

Go Italy!

You're probably right, meh, maybe I'll have licked my wounds by then and watch it, heh.

LETS GO FRANCE!!! 3 hours till game-time.

Portugal arent that bad. Actually I came to like them during the World Cup. They did a good job beating Holland (who were the REAL divers all-star team) but they have little chance againts France and the amazing Zidane-Henry duo and the good supporting cast Vieira and Ribeiro (oops, Ribery I mean. I guess Mike is cheering for Portugal)

It doesn't even matter what the rest of the team does, I can't stand watching that little pukeface Ronaldo. There is no athlete in history who annoys me then that ######.

And yeah, they did a REALY good job beating us. I mean, getting all that money and THEN finding time for the drop-off. Real talent there. :rolleyes:

Give me a break. Robben is our only real diver, Bommel isn't bad. We have no history as divers whereas it follows Portugal and Italy around.

They're diving everywhere again. I laughed my ass of when Pauleta was angry for not getting anything, and you just see him fall with nobody hitting him. I've seen Figo doing it again, and Ronaldo. But the beauty is: They get beaten by something they do all the time. That wasn't a penalty, sure thing he got hit, but not when he fell, that was pure acting. Finally we get rit of the actors.

Btw how Barthez is keeping his goal clean is pure magic! I dunno what he's doing but it looks quite funny!

Shit... I dont know who to cheer for. The shitty Italians beat my team and I can't stand French fans.

I used to be an Italian fan in the Baggios days, but this isnt the same type of team.

Screw it. Go Zizou and Titi!

They're diving everywhere again. I laughed my ass of when Pauleta was angry for not getting anything, and you just see him fall with nobody hitting him. I've seen Figo doing it again, and Ronaldo. But the beauty is: They get beaten by something they do all the time. That wasn't a penalty, sure thing he got hit, but not when he fell, that was pure acting. Finally we get rit of the actors.

Btw how Barthez is keeping his goal clean is pure magic! I dunno what he's doing but it looks quite funny!

yeah well you're both (you and jetsniper) right on C.Ronaldo, he was pretty annoying vs France. I didn't see Figo and Deco doing it thought.

I guess it's easier to call a team a divers-team when you cheer for the other hehe. I didn't see Portugal dive at all vs Holland, but I was annoyed as hell at them vs France hehe. I didn't know much about Holland before the World Cup, but I didn't manage to like them because of their attitude. They are the opposite of Brazil who look to have so much fun playing. And that start with their always smiling captain Cafu.

I really like the France team. Ultra talented players who have fun playing (Zidane, Henry), less talented players who are playing their hearts out (like Ribery), awesome dmen, legendary goalkeeper.. I hope they beat the lucky last-minute italians strikers

You're right about our type of play. Normally the dutch team is famous for it's play. Havig control of the match, and playing very offensive. 4-3-3 with 2 wingers. Not many country's do that.

But this campaign it's all different. We don't have the players for it(i believe) Sure we have a great offence. But our defence and midfield isn't dominating enough. So it was kinda nescesary, and it didnt work out.

Ribery was superb yesterday again, as was Zizou. He plays much better than the first group matches. I still hate Henry, he was horrible again in my eyes.

edit: ow yeah about Figo, dunno about the diving, but i was more referring to the whining and asking for cards.

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Italia win. Wasn't the greatest match but I had a feeling Italy would win. ^_^

Stunned with what Zidane did. :o

Well I'm going to come to the defence of Zidane. He's done bone headed penalties before because some player apparently would comment on his religion. (that's what happend in Soul I believe). And I have a feeling thats what happend here. If that was the case so much about this world cup being the anti-racism games.