Fifa World Cup

sakiqc

World Cup 2006  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for? (Poll choices sorted by current winning odds)

• Brazil
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czeck Republic
    • Sweden
    • Mexico
    • Ukraine
    • USA
    • Serbia
    • Ivory Coast
    • Poland
    • Switzerland
    • Australia
    • (Other)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Deco got sent off ill never know as it was Cocu who pushed him down!

How does Ruud not even get in the game?

Deco got booked because of a new rule. If the play is dead and you kick (hold) away the ball you get a card. Deco took the ball away from Cocu so that's why he got his second yellow.

Just like you I have no idea why Van Nistelrooy didn't got send in. Vennegoor of Hesselinck? Come on Marco! I think we can expect a lot from Van the man next season.

Portugals' individual class was the difference in this game. It wasn't pretty, that's for sure. The Netherlands got into trouble not using their wings. You should review the game and see how many times Van Persie was wide open on his right side! Instead Holland just shot useless long-balls. With Robben and Van Persie constantly cutting int the middle Holland made it easy for the Portugal defenders. The front of the net was too crowded. The Portugal defenders just had to wait. This game should have gone into extratime, followed by penalties. We all know who wins those.

Força Portugal!

Go Miguel go!

Just like you I have no idea why Van Nistelrooy didn't got send in. Vennegoor of Hesselinck? Come on Marco! I think we can expect a lot from Van the man next season.

Ruud's is playing Brutal of late, he's nowhere his normal game. He didn't show anything during this worldcup (allthough i think this would have been a perfect game for him) And Vennegoor of Hesselink is our super-sub. He comes in as it won't work and we're behind. He's for the last few minutes

Portugals' individual class was the difference in this game. It wasn't pretty, that's for sure. The Netherlands got into trouble not using their wings. You should review the game and see how many times Van Persie was wide open on his right side! Instead Holland just shot useless long-balls. With Robben and Van Persie constantly cutting int the middle Holland made it easy for the Portugal defenders. The front of the net was too crowded. The Portugal defenders just had to wait.

Go Miguel go!

You're right about those wingers, especially v.Perise didnt get enought balls. He was again our best player last night. How he screwed those two defenders, it was breath taking! Robben was again not on his best, but what do you want with 2 defenders on his ass. I think the main problem was our midfield. When we were attacking they didnt go deep, so you create danger. And when we were defending they didnt show up either. Maniche should have been defended by v.Bommel. (allthough Gio was horrible again last night, he should defend closer to the man)

I can't believe though that you are a Portugal supporter. They play horrible soccer, and have some really anoying players.(but thats mine opinion,i know vBommel and Robben are anoying also)

New record for red cards in a World Cup tournament. 23 red cards beats the record for all 64 games from the 1998 World Cup. Although I haven't checked out todays games yet so that number could've gone up.

And once again, the refs blow a game, screwing over the Aussies. These World Cup refs are worthless.

*mourns*

i guess he was just trying to make amends for the red card halfway through the game.

a shame, because we would have beaten ukraine too.

ah well, i threw $100 (A) on Germany at the start of the World Cup, time to cross my fingers (8:1 odds)

Edited by TheAussiePosse

I can't believe though that you are a Portugal supporter. They play horrible soccer, and have some really anoying players.

I started following Portuguese football at the time Michel Preud'homme was in net for Benfica. Sergio Conceição playing on my hometeam doesn't hurt either.

I have to admit the football Portugal played thus far at this tournament wasn't pretty, but that's not the portuguese football I know. Portugal is known for it's technical, skilled game. Football is a religion in Portugal.

With a couple of new Portuguese players at Standard: Jorge Costa, Nuno Coelho, Miguel Areias, Rogerio Matias, I think I will keep supporting the portuguese.

Nothing personal..

..força Portugal!

Edited by mathieu30

Fantastic game really. And even better that France won it.

Now, hopefully it will be England and France hooking up in the final four! :D Those are my teams till the end.

Ukraine on the other side... by default.

THE FRENCH RULE!!!

Cheap yellow though on Zidane at the end but beatiful goal by him a minute later.

TEAM OF DESTINY!!

I didn't write the song but I'm about as Brit as one could be. Born in Canada but all bros and sisters in the UK. My parents emigrated here.