The Davinci Code

The-Habby2919

How is Jean Grey? By the end of the #2, they were hinting that she would be coming back as Phoenix. I hope they did it. I love Famke Janssen since she was Miss Onatopp.

The movie pretty much centers around Phoenix (well, the storyline is supposed to be about that cure but I thought the Dark Phoenix storyline was a lot more prominent).

And she goes postal on everyone at one point, it's freaking awesome.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie pretty much centers around Phoenix (well, the storyline is supposed to be about that cure but I thought the Dark Phoenix storyline was a lot more prominent).

And she goes postal on everyone at one point, it's freaking awesome.

:P Mmmmmmm!

That settles it. I'm going to watch it!

• 10 months later...

Finished reading the Da Vinci Code a couple of days ago. An exciting, fast paced read. Enjoyed reading it.

Saw the movie yesterday. It really wasn't a very good film at all.

Mr Tom Hanks is a good actor but he looked uncomfortable playing Robert Langdon. There was little to no chemistry between Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou. In my humble opinion this movie was unexciting, sloppy and uninvolving.

that's pretty much what everyone thought.

Never read the book, never saw the movie, didn't understand the big deal over this.

you should read it..it's good.

actually, it's the supporting cast that saved thr movie from being a total stinker.

Finished reading the Da Vinci Code a couple of days ago. An exciting, fast paced read. Enjoyed reading it.

Mr Tom Hanks is a good actor but he looked uncomfortable playing Robert Langdon. There was little to no chemistry between Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou. In my humble opinion this movie was unexciting, sloppy and uninvolving.

But she was cute right???

is she??

How do you know??

I WANNA KNOWWW :P

a friend of my GF lives in paris and told us how dumb she was..plus I heard stuff in the media.

there's not supposed to have any chemistry between langdon and Neveu because these two persons know each others since a few days and are not in love... both of them don't really understand why they're set to be together and i think the movie hit the point there.

I agree, the book was entertaining, the movie was below average.

I would say the book awesome ( i like anything who destroy any religion) and the movie average.

i like anything who destroy any religion

If you're not religious, then fine. But that doesn't give you the right to go out of your away to attack people's beliefs. The vast majority of this world has religious beliefs of some kind. If we have to tolerate anti-relious people like you, then you have to tolerate us.

If you're not religious, then fine. But that doesn't give you the right to go out of your away to attack people's beliefs. The vast majority of this world has religious beliefs of some kind. If we have to tolerate anti-relious people like you, then you have to tolerate us.

True. I'm now in the non-religious camp now mainly due to the continuing fusion of religion and politics in this once great country. STOP IT.

It is doing NOBODY any good, that religious leaders have now decided to become political forces of aggression.

Archbishop Raymond Burke of Saint Louis is the perfect example. He's not a religious figure anymore, he's a dictator political figure. What he is doing is not only bad for religion its horrible for the country. Conquering and dividing by verbal force and abuse by the religious leaders in this country is appalling and unjustified.

The infusion of religion and politics is a deadly combination that will only backfire on the religious people themselves. Alienation leads to less people in the pews and if you don't believe this look at Europe and Quebec.

There is a reason why they don't go to church and it has nothing to do with hating this or hating that. Orginially they were alienated by the church who basically forced everything down their throats and used scare tactics on the people.

They infused religion and politics. And it backfired.

Be warned, religious leaders, the bridge is out ahead.

:clap:

I'm not religious myself and don't like religion but thats a great point. The people who go out of their way to let everyone know religion sucks is just as bad as the ones who force their religious views on you. I'm not religious, don't ever plan on being religious but I also don't look down on someone if they are.

Well, I do to one of my friends but thats just fooling around.

I would say the book awesome ( i like anything who destroy any religion) and the movie average.

does YOU = me : JoeLassister or = Not religious people? Because i didn't attack nobody... :wacko:

Both, since you are advocating the exact thing I am criticizing.

I thought this was a thread to criticize The Davinci Code...

Anyway, criticize as you want to, but it remains religion is and will always be the biggest scourge on Earth, Dan Brown or not.

I personally think purposefully ignorant, and obnoxious bigots are the biggest scourge on the earth. If they follow a religion, so be it. But I've been both an atheist and a Christian, and there are just as many on either side.

JoeLassiter, sorry to hear you're so disaffected. Hope the answers for life's big questions are satisfying enough.

And to keep this post relevant, I read the Da Vinci Code as a proud atheist, and it was crap. Poorly written, obvious plot holes, etc. An adventure story aimed at housewives. While I may have changed my tune regarding religion, I'm glad I had enough sense as a human being not to jump on the bandwagon, and instead recognise it for what it was.

JoeLassiter, sorry to hear you're so disaffected. Hope the answers for life's big questions are satisfying enough.

Oh, don't be sorry man. I got all these answers through my own Lord : Lord Stanley. :P

But i liked the book. I wasn't able to stop reading it cuz the chapters are so short. I was like : damn, ok, another one, again, ok another one...

There are also a few interesting caracters with Silas and Sir Leigh Teabing. I read The Old Man and The Sea last year and DaVinci Code is then a GREAT book. :D

I read The Old Man and The Sea last year and DaVinci Code is then a GREAT book. :D

Well, The Old Man and the Sea is one of the more boring "classics" around. Reading it, I didn't give a rat's ass if he won the battle against the marlin.

Well, The Old Man and the Sea is one of the more boring "classics" around. Reading it, I didn't give a rat's ass if he won the battle against the marlin.

lol i think you could scratch the "one of" in your post... Being There sucks as well.

I think The Old man and the sea has been written by some genral managers of big riches companies. Try to fight big fish and you'll waste your time and all of your resources.