Yashin Option?

GoHabs2002

I've mentionned this before, but now it could be interesting

Spector reported today that NYI might consider offering their 1st rounder to any team willing to take Yashin and his cap space.

Now considering, it might take a trade like Zednik, ribs and our 2nd rounder for Yashin and their 1st rounder, it would give us 2 first rounders this season, and a big, right-handed center who may gel with Kovy pretty good.

I wouldn't do that trade. Personally, I feel Ribs' obvious pleasure playing for the Habs and his passion for it, I'd take another chance on him this season than taking Yashin..

But it is interesting nonetheless

Spector reported today that NYI might consider offering their 1st rounder to any team willing to take Yashin and his cap space.

Now considering, it might take a trade like Zednik, ribs and our 2nd rounder for Yashin and their 1st rounder, it would give us 2 first rounders this season, and a big, right-handed center who may gel with Kovy pretty good.

Eek, another former Ottawa center who was chased outta town! Yashin's got talent, but he just doesn't play hard enough to be a Gainey player, IMO.

I wouldn't do that trade. Personally, I feel Ribs' obvious pleasure playing for the Habs and his passion for it, I'd take another chance on him this season than taking Yashin..

Heck, we'd all "obviously" love to play for the Habs, but I think Ribeiro's lack of effort and inconsistent play are enough to get him a one way ticket out of town.

Interesting.

Yashin and Kovalev on the same line. Could work.

How many more years does Yashin have on his contract? If Ribeiro and Zednik would do for Yashin and their first round pick then it's very interesting.

Interesting.

How many more years does Yashin have on his contract? If Ribeiro and Zednik would do for Yashin and their first round pick then it's very interesting.

5 years, $30M.

no go for me.

:hlogo: :angry: :hlogo:

I might be tempted if he was 3-4 millions cheaper, but at that salary no frikkin way. Complete waste of cap space.

I might be tempted if he was 3-4 millions cheaper, but at that salary no frikkin way. Complete waste of cap space.

I have to agree with the group. Lots of flash and dash, but the "Where is he?" question often heard in the playoffs would concern me.

Now if the Isle traded their next two first round picks, took Bonk in return, and promised to take Zed to try and match salaries....mmmmm maybe!

We need grit and passion... something I feel Yashin lacks in spades...

Not in my Habsworld!

I wouldn't take Yashin if it was $3 million over 5 years. He disappears in the playoffs, makes the Cowardly Lion look like a war hero, and he wouldn't last five minutes in a media scrum if, no, make than when he ever went into a scoring drought. If the French media ever painted a target on a player's back, man, Yashin would be tagged before he ever left the dressing room for the first practice.

. If the French media ever painted a target on a player's back, man, Yashin would be tagged before he ever left the dressing room for the first practice.

what?!! like the english media never do that ?? come on..ask brisebois igf he likes jack todd that much.

I think yash---in would be totally targeted by media both english and french...I mean the guy sucks big time.

come to think about it..ottawa as been unlucky or terrible come draft day in their early years

92-yashin(best pick possible)

93-daigle( pronger-kariya)

94 bonk( jeff o neill--ryan smyth)

helluva way to start a concession

Edited by marky_and_komi

I agree, too many Europeans tend to disappear in the playoffs. Give me Canadian players who grow up dreaming about winning the cup!!!

hey parksville, welcome to the board.

Please don't drop the anti-european stuff around here. It's silly.

Interesting.

The only way I would do this deal would be if MTL got the first rounder just for taking the cap hit with only ribs going the other way. Even then, I think the cap space could and will be spent more wisely.

BTW, since NYI still, as far as I know, don't have a GM exactly who is considering this option? Milbury?

I would MAYBE consider it if it were Yashin and their next five first round picks in exchange for a salary dump such as Bonk (even though I like the guy), but I can't really see that happening. I think the Isles are pretty much stuck with him unless they make a really pretty package deal.

Yashin is damaged goods - if he gets bought out I'm expecting desperate teams to sign him.

the only team that his so desperate or stupid enough to sign him are the islanders.

the guy's a good regular season player but he's a non factor in the playoffs..

GAG :?-

Step 1) Yashin gets bought out by the Islanders.

Step 2) Yashin signs a monster contrac twith the Leafs.

Step 3) Kovy elbows Yashin in the head.

:D

Now that is the most funny thing I have read in this thread. Probably true as well.

yashin playing with lindros , sundin and alisson...no wonder we're lookin for a right handed centerman..the laughs have hem all :lol:

I thought # 3 might be better written 'Perezhogin body's Yashin out for the season ' (since big Al is our resident cement-head on-ice killer. :wacko::blink::wacko: )

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1