Any Raptors Fans Out There?

The-Habby2919

Well obviously my explanation sucked. It made sense though, my teacher went into this whole biologo mumbo jumbo that I didn't understand.

Theres a reason that I never bothered with science in high school.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few minutes for Toronto's selection.

Bargnani?, Aldridge?, Morrison?, I think they're going to pick Andrea, but Toronto usually do unusual things in Draft, could be Morrison the surprise?, in 5 minutes the solution

Oh well, I'm disappointed with the choice of Andrea Bargnani but I trust that the Raptors brain trust know a bit more about basketball and their team's needs than I do.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Colangelo knows a hell of a lot more about basketball then all of us combined so theres no way I'm gonna question this.

Bargnani was my second choice behind Aldridge anyway. And holy smokes @ Portland, I saw they traded for four of the guys in the first round, Aldridge among them. Haven't seen the deals yet though.

It is interesting, though, that there are more black sprinters than there are white, and more white marathon runners than there are black.

Maybe there are more white marathon runners, maybe not... but the best ones are black and from Kenya.

Colangelo knows a hell of a lot more about basketball then all of us combined so theres no way I'm gonna question this.

Bargnani was my second choice behind Aldridge anyway. And holy smokes @ Portland, I saw they traded for four of the guys in the first round, Aldridge among them. Haven't seen the deals yet though.

Even though Portland ended up with 4 first rounders they made alot of unnecessary trades. Like having Chicago draft Aldrige so they could trade Tyrus Thomas ++ just to get him when they could have just drafted him because Charlotte made it clear that they were taking Morrison. Then they traded Telfair and Ratliff and a 2nd to Boston for Dickau LaFrentz and Foye. Then they traded for Foye to Minny for Roy. In the end alot of it was unnecessary.... but I'm no Bball GM. :hlogo:

Edited by The-Habby2919

I've finally figured out the raptors now. They want to become the next Phoenix. If you can't stop them, you better out score them. I kinda like this philosophy actually. I wish scoring would go higher. I wish games would be like in the 70's when scores were 130 to 120 seen a couple of games on espn classic like that. Its fun for the fans and the players get to pad their ego with points. Whats not to like. Constant running up and down the court rules. I've been turned off by the nba due to the constant walking, bad fundementals and the low scoring. Teams should score over 100 every night.

Not surprised in the least with the pick, I too would have preferred Aldridge, but deep down, I think everyone knew it was going to be Bargnani. If anything, the Raps have their bigs set for the present and also the future, do not overlook that fact. I'm intrigued with PJ Tucker, an undersized 3 who'll see time on the court likely when Villaneuva/Bargnani are on, to help with the rebounding. No complaints with that pick, that's for sure.

As for Portland, whoever's running that team now (it's not John Nash now) needs to be fired. Aldridge would've slipped, instead, it costs Khryapa and an extra 500 or so K on his contract. Roy for Foye...not sure about that, but again, because Roy went earlier, it'll cost more on the cap. And then buying Rodriguez from Phoenix, more idiocy...when they have Blake and Jack to go with Roy who'll play some PG, when is he going to play for them?

It's pretty obvious that socio-economics and regional evolution play probably a bigger part in this then any specific skin colour or other dumb arse generalization about an overall race.

There are more black players in the NBA because of the style of game, how it's glorified in their culture, etc.

There are a good number of white American basketball players in the NCAA, there are plenty of white kids on their High School teams, so that's a load of crap.

I gave a list of the last 10 white American NCAA drafted in the 1st round of the playoffs, and not one of them has ever made an All-star team. Yet, you still f*cking deny it. Not one white guy made the last USA Olympic team, and it was right in front of your f*cking face this season when not a single white American made the All-star team, yet you still can't see, you still can't understand it. You still foolishly deny it.

Andrea is the right choice, for me is the only prospect in this Draft who could be a NBA star in the future.

Brandon Roy? Tyrus Thomas? Rudy Gay? (As a Rockets fan, I'm disappointed they traded him)

All 3 of them have great potential and upside.

Edited by Ribeiro

There are a good number of white American basketball players in the NCAA, there are plenty of white kids on their High School teams, so that's a load of crap.

Please learn how to use the quote, so I can figure out to whom you were replying. What they said is exactly what I wanted to say. A lot of black athletes grow up in poor neighborhoods where playing ball is all they have. The NBA is their dream and their ticket out of the bad parts of town. Not only does the streetball style influence the way the game is played, it also is a big reason why black players dominate the league now. If it were white people living in ghettos with basketball one of their only activies and chance of having a better life, it would be the white players dominating the NBA. Instead, most white kids grow up in good neighborhoods and don't make it their life to make the NBA to get their family a better life. This is why there are so many black athletes in both basketball and football. Both are sports you can play in the street with only a ball, and for bball, a hoop. Hockey requires a lot more money to play while growing up.

This deals with a lot of stereotypes, but it is true that a higher percentage of blacks are poor than are whites. This plays a huge role in how they grow up.

Yeah, loads of white kids play in the NCAA but there are about 5-7 major sports that many white kids spread their time across.

How many young black men grow up playing anything other then Basketball and Football? Almost all of the top black athletes are focused on primarily 2 sports.

Really, the point is that it doesn't matter one bit what colour a guy is...you draft the best talent available. This year that happened to be a white kid from Italy...so live with it.

The fact is that there is no reason to believe that black athletes are better basketball players because they are black. To ignore all the other factors that are present is incredibly ignorant and borderline prejudiced. There are economic conditions, cultural and social, media presence, available opportunity, regional evolutional deviations in the species(ie, size, weight), etc...all of these will have a much greater impact on what sports certain groups excel in.

What's funny is that in North America it seems to be a division of race due, I believe, to the level of marketing and media towards those ethnicities. In Europe I think it's more about geographical regions...but I could be wrong.

Consider, if black athletes were so much better then wouldn't the African nations dominate the World Cup every year? Wouldn't the US continue to dominate international basketball(where they continue to lose ground to "white" Euro teams)?

Face it, race and skin colour have nothing to do with it...

T.J Ford and cash for Villanueva. Good trade, he should be more valuable then James ever was. I think I'd still rather have Charlie though.

That was a high price to pay for T.J. However the trade was fair as TJ was a first round 8th pick overall selection. He is a pass first guard which is going to help the bigs in Toronto. We have to keep in mind Toronto just sucked last year and changes were going to happen.

Can't say I like dealing away CV, however, this isn't something that stunned me to be honest. The Raptors, assuming the signing of Garbajosa goes through, will have him, along with Humphries and Bargnani at the 3, someone had to go. The Raps also needed a PG, Villaneuva was the one that'd get them the best one. Also to consider: There are very few talented PG's in free agency this year, and most the good ones (Terry/Cassell) have already re-upped with their old teams, so a trade needed to be made to fill the need. Assuming Ford will sign a long-term deal next season, the Raps will finally have a solid PG rotation, and that's a good thing.

Can't say I like dealing away CV, however, this isn't something that stunned me to be honest. The Raptors, assuming the signing of Garbajosa goes through, will have him, along with Humphries and Bargnani at the 3, someone had to go. The Raps also needed a PG, Villaneuva was the one that'd get them the best one. Also to consider: There are very few talented PG's in free agency this year, and most the good ones (Terry/Cassell) have already re-upped with their old teams, so a trade needed to be made to fill the need. Assuming Ford will sign a long-term deal next season, the Raps will finally have a solid PG rotation, and that's a good thing.

I am excited about the new Raptor team.

This year they are big and now have a point guard. P.j. Tucker also interests me as he can play small forward and power forward. He also can do the little things like defence. The ESPN idiots keep saying Toronto has no defence. They are just stupid as Chris Bosh and Moe Pete play defence. Just because Toronto likes to score does not mean they don't try to play "D".

This year that happened to be a white kid from Italy...so live with it.

I never said anything about the skill of white European basketball players. Read what I wrote previously, you idiot:

Besides, I was referring to American caucasian players, when I said "white." They didn't get a big Russian guy to play Billy in White Men Can't Jump, so I'm not using a South-African born white guy when referring to "white" either.

I remember why I stopped coming here for the past number of months. You were so stupid, it was incredible. The fact that you replied in threads which you didn't even read (or were too stupid to understand), became extremely vexatious and moronic. It ruined threads and wasted my time because I kept repeating myself contradicting the same tired arguments that were already brought up by others.

You provide nothing in your posts except for writing the same things over and over that others had already written, clueless to what others had said before.

I'm not going to bother with you until you actually read and understand the threads you participate in. From now on, everytime you write something someone else already wrote, I'll just copy & paste my reply or link to it.

There are economic conditions, cultural and social, media presence, available opportunity, regional evolutional deviations in the species(ie, size, weight)

Media presence has more to do with one's skill on a basketball court than race? Wow, then I must be an excellent basketball player, because there's a TSN studio near my house. But there's none in Compton, so they must suck down there. According to you at least, because that's what matters in order to succeed in ball: media presence. It's all about Rogers Sportsnet when it comes down to basketball skill: without it, you can't succeed. In fact, media presence must be the reason why Luke Ridnour can't play defense, or the reason why JJ Reddick wasn't drafted in the Top 10.

Regional evolution (when black/white players grow up in the same country, state, city)?

Stop with the bullsh*t. Please. Luke Ridnour grew up in Washington, yet Brandon Roy from the same State is already considered so much better before even his 1st game. It has nothing to do with "regions" when numerous players (white & black) come from the same states and even cities.

Wouldn't the US continue to dominate international basketball(where they continue to lose ground to "white" Euro teams)?

I'm not going to bother with you until you actually read and understand the threads you participate in. From now on, everytime you write something someone else already wrote, I'll just copy & paste my reply or link to it:

Besides, I was referring to American caucasian players, when I said "white." They didn't get a big Russian guy to play Billy in White Men Can't Jump, so I'm not using a South-African born white guy when referring to "white" either.

Face it, race and skin colour have nothing to do with it...

I'm not going to bother with you until you actually read and understand the threads you participate in. From now on, everytime you write something someone else already wrote, I'll just copy & paste my reply or link to it:

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...=6818&st=60

http://www.wagercom.com/nba_draft_2004.html

Edited by Ribeiro

Looks like the Raptors have offers to three free agents to solidify the team. Not stars, just good team guys. (Please keep in mind this is just rumours like the Ben Wallace chicago signing till July 12th)

I love it when a clown like Ribeiro responds with name calling and then contradicts themselves all through their response by saying they won't respond anymore but do respond to every part of my post.

1) Media presence doesn't mean living close to a bloody station you moron. It means that the media is presented specifically to a demographic and culture. There can be no doubt that basketball is marketed to young black men/kids more then anyone else. Hence, more of them play the sport on a percentage basis...meaning more of the top black athletes play basketball then many other sports that white kids play. Christ, it ain't difficult to understand...

2) You do realise that regional evolution takes centuries right? So I don't give a shit that Ridnour and Roy are from the same state...I'm saying that a black guy from Kenya likely isn't going to make a great basketball player but can run forever...same as why you see so many northern european white guys dominating strong man competitions. The regional deviations, over many centuries, has meant that people from a region have developed a certain way...has NOTHING to do with skin colour you ######ing ass clown.

3) Your first comment in this thread was this: "First rule in basketball: Don't pick the white guy."

No where does it say white american guy...you can't change mid-thread when you realise you actually sounded like a tool.

So go ahead and repeat yourself again and again...everyone knows your full of shit and back tracking.

BTW, Ribeiro sucks...lol

Toronto Raptors summer League results for those interested.

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/teams.cfm?team=31

So many rumours who Colangelo is going to add in free agency. For being a horrible team, it is amazing when you have an allstar Chris Bosh that some guys want to play with.