Any Raptors Fans Out There?

The-Habby2919

Hmmm.... I wonder who's in charge of the team here. Some young guy who may be good or the ones who are responsible for the total package of the team?

It'd be good to take Bosh's ideas in consideration but I don't believe that his ideas should be THE guidelines to follow.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Everyone knows he's right though, it's a foregone conclusion thats what the Raptors need.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... I wonder who's in charge of the team here. Some young guy who may be good or the ones who are responsible for the total package of the team?

It'd be good to take Bosh's ideas in consideration but I don't believe that his ideas should be THE guidelines to follow.

You are correct in observing this, as it usually means a player has too much say in team makeup.

Fortunately Chris Bosh said he only makes his views known but leaves the G.M. job to the G.M. After watching 82 games of HORRIBLE rebounding, he is right, Brian Colangelo agrees with him and the fans agree. Nothing to read in Chris Bosh's comments as the reason he will stay is Brian Colangelo.

Latest rumour(smokescreen) is Toronto trades down to Portland's #4 spot for Jarrett Jack and Portlands #1 pick (Fourth overall). This means Aldridge and Tyrus Thomas are toast and Bargnani or Rudy Gay would fall to the Raptors. This would save the Raptors roughly $1.4million in cap space for the guaranteed first round contract. They should have $14mill to play with once Mike James is gone and a mid level exemption picked up in the Arron Williams trade. Picking up a free agent centre that can rebound and does not have to score much would be easier than trying to get someone to guard SHAQ. And they have money to extend Chris Bosh's max contract.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Rumour in Europe: Maurizio Gherardini, General Manager of Benetton Treviso could be the new Assistant Manager of Brian Colangelo in Toronto.

Thats an old one.... I think its pretty much finalized now.

:hlogo:

Another rumour, Raptors are interesting in another spanish player, the PF Jorge Garbajosa, from Unicaja Malaga of ACB League

I was just reading about this on HoopsHype. He's actually an Experienced Centre which is NEEDED. I think the Euroflavor might just be increasing with the Raptors.

Quick link of his team stats. http://www.basket-stats.info/euroleague/20...ms/benetton.htm

I was just reading about this on HoopsHype. He's actually an Experienced Centre which is NEEDED. I think the Euroflavor might just be increasing with the Raptors.

Quick link of his team stats. http://www.basket-stats.info/euroleague/20...ms/benetton.htm

He's mainly a 4, plays the odd bit at the 5 so I've read. At 6'8, he's not going to be the saviour in the middle. Bit of versatility, has a decent outside game, likely a 10th or 11th guy on the bench though, simply because of whose going to be around ahead of him. This likely means Gherardini wasn't able to get Slokar out of his deal with Benetton, because if he could, the team would have no need for Garbajosa. We should keep in mind that this is not official, I don't consider a Spanish radio station and a website that cites said station to be completely reputable.

And more info becomes available...first off, he's a 29 year old, so he's no inexperienced guy. Unfortunately, this doesn't justify the alleged contract he's signed with Toronto, 3 years at 12 million, AAAAAH! (Break down: Y1: 3, Y2: 4, Y3: 5)

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/305/nba...llo/654345.html

If this is true, a lot of cap space went down the drain.

And more info becomes available...first off, he's a 29 year old, so he's no inexperienced guy. Unfortunately, this doesn't justify the alleged contract he's signed with Toronto, 3 years at 12 million, AAAAAH! (Break down: Y1: 3, Y2: 4, Y3: 5)

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/305/nba...llo/654345.html

If this is true, a lot of cap space went down the drain.

I tend to agree with you if this is true. 3 year $9mill would have been fine for unproven NBA talent. Glad to see other Rap fans around the board as I get a bit lost on Euro prospects.

What do you think the Raptors will do with the 1st pick, trade take another PF or C/PF Aldridge? I think they might just trade down and look at Marcus Williams. So hard to tell the plan but losts of fun speculating.

My favourite is still LaMarcus Aldridge. The kid seems to be an all-round top flight talent.

My favourite is still LaMarcus Aldridge. The kid seems to be an all-round top flight talent.

That would make my day and I would jump up and down so happy. (In my dreams, too old for that stuff)

Already Chicago rumours about taking Aldridge to add to their front court if Toronto passes on him. Big difference for them as they miss this type of player when they traded Antonio Davis to New York.

That would make my day and I would jump up and down so happy. (In my dreams, too old for that stuff)

Already Chicago rumours about taking Aldridge to add to their front court if Toronto passes on him. Big difference for them as they miss this type of player when they traded Antonio Davis to New York.

Can't be as old as me, child. :blink::blink::blink:

Can't be as old as me, child. :blink::blink::blink:

Hey shortcat1 thanks for making me feel young! B)

Jay Williams works out for Raptors:

TORONTO (CP) - Three years after a motorcycle crash that forced Jay Williams to learn how to walk again, he believes he's finally ready to step back on the NBA court.

He says he wouldn't mind if it was as a Toronto Raptor.

Story: http://tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=167584&hubname=nba

I'm still sticking to Brandon Roy.

On the Jason Williams article. I don't care, really. People buy these bikes and don't know how to use them and it shows (Kenslow Jr.)

So I hope he learned his lesson but he was waste of talent.

Yup you are 100% right which is why I won't buy a street bike. I played with dirt bikes many years and wiped out many times. Now I just get out on my Giant mountain bike which does not hurt as much if I fall off.

The interesting part of this article is the Brian Colangelo effect on free agents. Jay Will wanted to try out for the Heat and I believe chicago because he wants to get in a winning situation. Bosh and Colangelo are a big draw for some free agents which helps Toronto's credibility.

A funny thing happened on a Toronto radio station when a Leaf fan called in and said fire JFjr (Leafs GM for those that dont know) and hire Brian Colangelo!

Priceless!!! :o

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

3 weeks till draft day...

In other news, Hoffa's gone! Traded to Utah for PF Kris Humphrey and F/C Robert Whaley. Raps really have a glutton of big men now, how will this affect the draft? My prediction? Not one bit.

There are reports that Whaley will be waived for roster space, but there's still a glutton...

3 weeks till draft day...

In other news, Hoffa's gone! Traded to Utah for PF Kris Humphrey and F/C Robert Whaley. Raps really have a glutton of big men now, how will this affect the draft? My prediction? Not one bit.

There are reports that Whaley will be waived for roster space, but there's still a glutton...

You are right that it will not effect the draft but the Raptors have a little more depth of big men on the bench. This was an excellent move as Hoffa needed to go to another city as toronto fans just disrespected him. He made good offensive pick plays to set up some 3's but he really has to learn to control his fouls. I hated seeing games start with Hoffa having 2 fouls under 2 minutes. grrr..../

Rumour mill:

There are still whispers Bucks center Jamaal Magloire could end up being traded to the Toronto Raptors, and that super-sub guard Mo Williams could accompany him in a blockbuster deal. Swingman Mo Peterson and forward Charlie Villanueva are the Raptors most prominently mentioned in such a deal. … Other rumours Raptors are getting some tempting offers for the No. 1 overall pick.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Raps pick wants out of Spain.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Roko Ukic wants to play for the Raptors next season and, perhaps, vice versa.

The Croatian point guard's agent, Marc Cornstein, met Raptors president/general manager Bryan Colangelo yesterday at NBA pre-draft camp for a preliminary discussion. A second-round pick of the Raptors in 2005, Ukic decided to sign a four-year deal with Tau Ceramica of Spain last summer and currently is involved in Spanish League playoffs.

Source: http://torontosun.com/Sports/Basketball/20...620279-sun.html

-----------------------------------------------

Interesting article as Roko was a steal as a second round pick. Nobody wanted to draft him as they thought he would not go to the NBA right away. Raptors took the chance but must try a buyout with his Spanish team. Looks like everyone wants to try out for the Raptors now.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

A voice crying out in the wilderness: :o "LaMarcus Aldridge, :o LaMarcus Aldridge, :o LaMarrrrrrrcusssssss :o Alllllllllllllllllllllllllldriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge.............."

A voice crying out in the wilderness: :o "LaMarcus Aldridge, :o LaMarcus Aldridge, :o LaMarrrrrrrcusssssss :o Alllllllllllllllllllllllllldriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge.............."

Yup! With the trade yesterday getting some bench big men, Ukic wanting to play point guard for Toronto, I say it is looking good to draft Aldridge.

Aldridge worked out for the Raps today against the coaches. hehehehe love to see him go against the Coaching staff. He ran the drills and was happy to show his stuff. Aldridge has one big addition in his corner. Chris Bosh. They work out together in Texas and play quite a bit of one-on-one. Bosh wants him on the team.

Gooooooo LaMarcus!

I'm almost certain we'll take Aldridge. When is the draft? Before or after the NHL draft? (which I think is the 24th)

On Wednesday June 28th I believe. It goes quickly so they start around ~7ish pm.

Also, a quote from Toronto:

Aldridge is the first player that Raptors have had in for a workout who is considered a consensus top-five pick. It was such a special occasion that even Richard Peddie, the president and chief executive officer of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., which owns the Raptors, pried himself away from his office in order to meet Aldridge.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../?query=raptors

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Aldridge is the first player that Raptors have had in for a workout who is considered a consensus top-five pick. It was such a special occasion that even Richard Peddie, the president and chief executive officer of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., which owns the Raptors, pried himself away from his office in order to meet Aldridge.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../?query=raptors

I wouldn't read a whole lot into that, Bargniani's still playing in the postseason, so he can't come work out for anyone, that's why Mitchell and Embry went over there. Morrison and Gay are having a head-to-head workout this week as well. I'm hoping they do take Aldridge though.

In other news...Bosh is set to sign a 6 year, $84 million extension on July 12th.