Danny Markov Available

les_glorieux

Danny Markov will likely be available to the highest bidder this summer.

The Tennessean is reporting Markov was disappointed with his ice time in Nashville last season.

"At the end of the year meetings, it was pretty clear he felt that he could have been used more and that he thought he deserved more ice time,'' Predators General Manager David Poile said. "Of course, that's a common thing for a lot of players.''

Edited by les_glorieux

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Markov would be a slick acquistion.

Good all around game, would be a solid top four guy for Montreal in my opinion. He has offensive skills and reliably blocks shots, which is a big plus. Sort of like Craig Rivet, but with better offensive abilities. And considering it appears it wouldn't take much to land him, I'd say go for it, definitely worth exploring.

It would be nice to see him with his brother. He would finish off our defence nicely. If we get Markov then we should be fine on D. Getting a forward should be our #1 priority though, upgrading the defence comes after.

It would be nice to see him with his brother. He would finish off our defence nicely. If we get Markov then we should be fine on D. Getting a forward should be our #1 priority though, upgrading the defence comes after.

The problem is who does he replace in the lineup? I actually like him too but think his addition to the Habs will make a difference only on the offensive side.

Habs need a bigger defenceman to stop those big pesky guys like Sundin and Forsberg. If Montreal did sign Danny I would not lose sleep over it as his ability to move the puck is impressive.

Their brothers... wow I didnt know that.

:hlogo:

They aren't related in any way.

Are yuo sure? I've heard many times that they're brothers but I only heard that from other HW posters.

I agree with the idea that Bob first has to take care of business with our free agents and signing/trading for an offensive forward. Howwver, Markov would be a great addition. He is a good skating, puck moving defenseman who likes to hit.

Are yuo sure? I've heard many times that they're brothers but I only heard that from other HW posters.

I don't know if they are or not but our Markov was born in Voskresensk which is about 60 km (40 miles) out of Moscow, the birthplace of the other Markov.

On top of that, I'm certain that Markov is a fairly common name over there.

So, it makes it unlikely that they are brothers though it doesn't exclude the possibility.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

• 5 weeks later...

if the trade RUMORS w/ detroit are fe real then D. Markov would have a place here if not BG, IMO will not touch his D.

if the trade RUMORS w/ detroit are fe real then D. Markov would have a place here if not BG, IMO will not touch his D.

I definitely agree with you. I originally wasn't too keen about trading Souray, as most of the defencemen were already signed and Souray would leave a large void unless we got a similar player in return, but then that would be a rather pointless trade. However, seeing that Danny is still available, I would have no qualms about a package deal for another marquee forward if we were able to sign him.

I would still HATE to see the 44 go :(

but Dasyuk is the shizzle... I guess that would be okay

Edited by ehjay

I'm 99.999% sure they are brothers. The majority of Euro players with the same last names are related. I beleive their are more brothers currently playing in the NHL than all brothers who have ever played NHL combined.

I'm 99.999% sure they are brothers. The majority of Euro players with the same last names are related. I beleive their are more brothers currently playing in the NHL than all brothers who have ever played NHL combined.

And I'm 100% they are not brothers, I guess you fell in that 0.001% chance of being wrong :P

Danny is from Mosow and Andrei is from Voskresensk.

And I'm 100% they are not brothers, I guess you fell in that 0.001% chance of being wrong :P

Danny is from Mosow and Andrei is from Voskresensk.

Just because one is from Moscow and one is Voskresensk doesn't mean they can't be brothers. Infact Voskresensk is only an hours drive from Moscow, its not like its on the other side of Russia.

But no, they are not brothers!