Mark Streit Signed For Two Years?

shortcat1

600,000$ not to bad considering hes improving a lot from beggining of the year. He should have his chance this year with the team, maybe he might have his break out season and get him self a good forsure roaster spot this season. Good Luck Streit :hockey:

In all fairness, he probably would have been in Hamilton if not for his age, and it probably would have helped him more than playing in Montreal. I think his biggest hurdle was his decision making. He just didn't act as quickly as he needed to in the beginning of the year, but as many pointed out, he started to get used to the speed and the smaller ice late in the season.

THe only reason he didn't end up in Hamilton was that he wouldn't have come over from Switzerland. He could play at a higher level over there.

THe only reason he didn't end up in Hamilton was that he wouldn't have come over from Switzerland. He could play at a higher level over there.

If anyone saw 110% tonight, they said Streit signed a 2 year one way contract worth 2 million dollars... 1 million per year, most of the guys on the show were furious... and explained that Boullion won't sign for less than 1.8, while Huet is looking at 8 million over 3 years.

Edited by Habby1197

Ouch...a million per season? Thats way too much. I hope that information is false. Does it include bonuses? Is that why its so high?

I don't think Bouillon is worth $1.8 Million either.

If anyone saw 110% tonight, they said Streit signed a 2 year one way contract worth 2 million dollars... 1 million per year, most of the guys on the show were furious... and explained that Boullion won't sign for less than 1.8, while Huet is looking at 8 million over 3 years.

I would like to advise everyone to calm down and not let this upset you for nothing. This information is probably wrong (in fact I'm almost sure of it) because the guys on that show are morons who never have the proper information. They always say they have a source, and then they're either wrong or it never happens.

This show is about making a show. They come up with BS info and then they scream and argue all show long. They have no clue of what is really going on.

The only reason I watch it sometimes is for the entertainment and nothing else.

Well thats good to hear. $1 Million a year seemed far too excessive for Streit.

If Streit got 1M$ per year, I will seriouly start to question BG capabilities. Common sense tells me that this info is wrong.

That's as much a Komi and Higgins will get. The guy was paid $500,000, last year, no way he got such an increase based on what he did last year.

Bouillon will get a good increase from last year ($600,000). He's a coveted cheap UFA. He plays hard every night, and he was on pace to finish in the top 10 in the league for bodychekcs and blocked shots before is leg injury. Its at least 1M$, and probably more like 1.5M$. Hopefully BG can get a discount because he really wants to stay in Mtl.

As for Huet, I wouldn't mind 8M$ over 3 years, but again, they don't know squat on that show.

If Streit got 1M$ per year, I will seriouly start to question BG capabilities. Common sense tells me that this info is wrong.

That's as much a Komi and Higgins will get. The guy was paid $500,000, last year, no way he got such an increase based on what he did last year.

Bouillon will get a good increase from last year ($600,000). He's a coveted cheap UFA. He plays hard every night, and he was on pace to finish in the top 10 in the league for bodychekcs and blocked shots before is leg injury. Its at least 1M$, and probably more like 1.5M$. Hopefully BG can get a discount because he really wants to stay in Mtl.

As for Huet, I wouldn't mind 8M$ over 3 years, but again, they don't know squat on that show.

Komisarek the Cruncher you have a way of posting just in time to calm my nerves. When I read here $1M per year for Streit I almost hit the roof. Yes he has potential but that would be too much. Thank you for elaborating on the show. (I have never seen it)

Huet for $8M over 3 years, DONE! I could see this, as Montreal will need him to be the go to guy for at least 2-3 years.

I would like to advise everyone to calm down and not let this upset you for nothing. This information is probably wrong (in fact I'm almost sure of it) because the guys on that show are morons who never have the proper information. They always say they have a source, and then they're either wrong or it never happens.

This show is about making a show. They come up with BS info and then they scream and argue all show long. They have no clue of what is really going on.

The only reason I watch it sometimes is for the entertainment and nothing else.

I watched the program (110% on TQS) that dealt with Streit's signing.

Michel Villeneuve 0060608_110D3.jpg was just about bursting a vein in the brain :wall: over the fact that the contract :contract: guaranteed Streit to play a minimum number of games. He even cursed (câlic) at one point :wall: and the other guys went: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....." :o and tried to reason with him and tried to explain things to him but he wouldn't have it, :nono: he wouldn't hear it. :nono: (I'm exaggerating a bit here but upon first watching it, it was shockingly funny) :wacko:

Here's the site of the actual program:

http://www.tqs.ca/videos/110/2006/06/Debat...06-06--1442.php

Check especially sections 3 & 4 (you'll have to patient some commercials in between each section)

Obviously you'll have to understand French and to get some of the humour, some Québécois French.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

110% is bullshit. That sums it up.

A mentally incapacitated monkey on crack can do a better show than those clowns.

edit: For some reason the word I originally used was censored :P

Gainey definitely shouldn't have given him 1 Million / yr, I sincerely doubt he did.

But has anyone considered whose spot Streit will take in the top 6 if hes ever going to play significantly? I would say Dandenault, but he was rock-solid in the playoffs and does have a rather large contract to be playing as a fourth line forward. And I really don't think the team will dress 7 D each night.

I think this means you can give up on any defensemen being signed as UFAs by Montreal. In theory the club now has 7 (hoping that Bouillon re-signs).

It won't be Dandenault, he overall was very steady the second half of the year. He doesn't have great offensive stats but that's not why they got him. Plus he is the only Dman with any speed. In the playoffs he and Boiullon were the best D pair. Streit is a fill in player when a injury arises, nothing more.

If they were to trade Souray in part of a bigger deal, ribiero, zednick, aebi. Then i think the habs will go after a D man. Otherwise i only see them going after a top 6 scoring forward, preferribly a big centermen. i would certainly take Peca as a #3 center moving Pleks up.

I don't think Bouillon should be getting anywhere near 1.8M. Maybe 1.2M.

About that big #2 TW center everyone wants... what do you think we got Bonk for? He fits the description perfectly. No, he didn't pu tup the offensive numbers we wanted. No, he wasn't even close. But after he got over his injuries and settled into the team he scored a few goals near the end of the season and playoffs. His defensive play was also better than we would have expected. I think we should try him out on the 2nd line and see if he can put up those 60 point seasons again. He's proven both ways and he has size. I don't think we should give up on him yet. He may not be as overpaid as some think.

Good Point on Bonk, if he can handle the #2 spot maybe with Kovalev and Kostitsyn i'm all for it. Leaving a pretty good line with Perez Pleks and Murray. Either way i look at it they need a big center whether that is a checking center like Peca or a scoring center like Arnott.

Maybe Streit was signed for insurance in case Boiullon asks for too much money. I doubt he will, i agree 1.2 mill is a good price on Bouillon.

I'd love to see Bonk get something going, but at this point in his career I don't think he can adapt offensively to the new NHL. Remember his playoff performance when moved up to play alongside Higgins and Ryder? He was consistently out of position and couldn't keep up and it got to the point that Gainey replaced him with Garth Murray.

I'd love to see Bonk get something going, but at this point in his career I don't think he can adapt offensively to the new NHL. Remember his playoff performance when moved up to play alongside Higgins and Ryder? He was consistently out of position and couldn't keep up and it got to the point that Gainey replaced him with Garth Murray.

Not exactly like he had a whole lot of time at that point to develop chemistry with Higgins and Ryder.

Bonk has proven that he can be a 20 goal man in the NHL as well as a solid 2 way guy. Last year was a horrible season for him, but I'm willing to bet if he's back this year he'll pot somewhere between 15 to 20 goals and 35-45 Points. I think we'd all be happy with that from a 3rd line centre