Tremblay Back To Montreal

HipHipHuet

I seriously doubt it. If so, then the Wild would probably want compensation if he did sign with Montreal in a coaching position.

Not necessarily or it could be simply 'future considerations'.

I don't know what were the conditions of the agreement between Montreal & Edmonton but the Canadiens got Claude Julien from Edmonton while he was the coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs.

A similar arrangement cold be worked out, I suppose.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Man, is Tremblay a good idea?

All I remember is all the bad stuff that went on during his coaching term. Bad atitutde, bad trades, rejean houle crap.........Am I forgetting something important?

What is the good Tremblay has to offer. Do players like him? Isn't he a bit of a dick.......

Man, is Tremblay a good idea?

All I remember is all the bad stuff that went on during his coaching term. Bad atitutde, bad trades, rejean houle crap.........Am I forgetting something important?

What is the good Tremblay has to offer. Do players like him? Isn't he a bit of a dick.......

my concern exactly....would prefer muller, robinson, laperriere (pick one, any one)

Great deal of difference between his former role as an inexperienced rookie head coach(and a tempermental/egotistical superstar to help make matters worse) and being an assistant coach.

Big Difference......

Apparently he has made an excellent assistant coach in Minnesota and is well recommended.

He brings both experience, as well as the fact he could play both an offensive & a defensive role in his day,

so it gives him a balanced approach to the forwards he will be looking after.

Only time will tell, and more of Gainey's choices work out than not - far more often than the first initial knee jerk reaction that we see on here to his decisions would suggest!

10 years. That should have been forgiven by now.

Having a former NHL headcoach as the assistant to our new inexperienced Carbo might be a good idea. He has connection to the club and knows what's comming if he comes to Montreal.

Supposedly he has learned a great deal under Lemaire. The latter praised him quite often. I wouldn't have problems with that. I just wished we'd focus on our defensemen more. We dont have many good D's in the system, neither do we have good D-men teachers.

I have no problems with Tremblay as such. The main reason is that I believe that Gainey & Carbonneau are no fools and if they chose to go with him then he's the man for the job so far as they're concerned. They know exactly what they're looking for and they know what they need to see in the potential candidates.

If they go with Tremblay... bravo for them all.

If they decide not to go with Tremblay then it's all a non-issue.

Therefore I have no problems with Tremblay.

Not necessarily or it could be simply 'future considerations'.

I don't know what were the conditions of the agreement between Montreal & Edmonton but the Canadiens got Claude Julien from Edmonton while he was the coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs.

A similar arrangement cold be worked out, I suppose.

At the time Montreal and Edmonton aready had agreed that we would give up a 4th or 5th round pick in exchange for Julien. The arrangement was a 5th round pick unless Montreal made the playoffs (which we did) in which case it was a 4th round pick.

Another false rumor...RDS even removed the article from their website :wacko:

This site is like the show 110%, they jump on any rumors out there and make it sound official.

Ya... I read there that the Canadiens were being sold to a group based (for the most part) in Winnipeg, Manitoba. After a major team-naming contest in all of the Winnipeg media, the team was going to be renamed THE WINNIPEG FLOODS (because they're always a factor in spring).

There were a five runner-ups. These were 1) THE FLOOD DIKES (or DYKES) :o (but they weren't sure of the proper spelling and, moreover, since the players are all male...), another was 2) THE GOLDEN BOYS (but the Winnipeg Historical Society threatened to take down the real one), 3) THE MOSQUITOES (but the local Don't Do That (DDT) society threatened to fog the arena without notice), 4) THE CANOLA KINGS (but that went against too many people's grain...) and 5) THE RYE GUYS (but Johnny Walker was only a minority owner and the others voted against him... he was pissed and he got pissed...)

Was that one of those false rumours? The reason I ask is that I saw it and then when I went into the kitchen to get my son who was doing the dishes (like any good man would), by the time I got back to the computer, it was gone. He kept telling me that either I was just seeing things or maybe that my old acid trips were snapping some synapses again. :blink:

I was so certain.... :wacko:

Like I posted on the other thread, I'm not sold on Tremblay.

Yup, BAD MEMORIES. Habs trade away good goalie and a favorite of mine Mike Kean for not much, Colorado wins Lord Stanley with him. (Hey thats a good thing for my AVS!)

I think a hot tempered Tremblay (Who is one of my favorite habs hockey players all time) has already cost the Habs too much, and this road should not be travelled again. Just my 2 cents...

In Tremblay's defense he was only part of the problem at the time. Corey and Houle were major componets as well.

Having said that I think most of us would rather not see Tremblay behind the bench in, in any capacity, in Montreal ever again

Ya... I read there that the Canadiens were being sold to a group based (for the most part) in Winnipeg, Manitoba. After a major team-naming contest in all of the Winnipeg media, the team was going to be renamed THE WINNIPEG FLOODS (because they're always a factor in spring).

There were a five runner-ups. These were 1) THE FLOOD DIKES (or DYKES) :o (but they weren't sure of the proper spelling and, moreover, since the players are all male...), another was 2) THE GOLDEN BOYS (but the Winnipeg Historical Society threatened to take down the real one), 3) THE MOSQUITOES (but the local Don't Do That (DDT) society threatened to fog the arena without notice), 4) THE CANOLA KINGS (but that went against too many people's grain...) and 5) THE RYE GUYS (but Johnny Walker was only a minority owner and the others voted against him... he was pissed and he got pissed...)

Was that one of those false rumours? The reason I ask is that I saw it and then when I went into the kitchen to get my son who was doing the dishes (like any good man would), by the time I got back to the computer, it was gone. He kept telling me that either I was just seeing things or maybe that my old acid trips were snapping some synapses again. :blink:

I was so certain.... :wacko:

Yes the article was there, but then it was removed.

I'm glad this is just a rumour.

Actually I hope it is not just a rumor. I watched an interesting interview of Mario on French TV last week. This guy is quite a bit more intelligent then most people who have been posting here seem to give him credit for. He has absolutely no animosity for Roy, he has moved on and maybe everyone else should also move on. What I liked about him was his honesty and lack of ego. Need to remember that he had a winning record with Montreal. Carbonneau is said to want an assistant coach with energy. Mario brings energy, pride, knowledge of the game and work ethic. If he is selected I will not be upset, if someone else is selected I will not be upset, bottom line Carbonneau and Gainey will select who "they" want.

Actually I hope it is not just a rumor. I watched an interesting interview of Mario on French TV last week. This guy is quite a bit more intelligent then most people who have been posting here seem to give him credit for. He has absolutely no animosity for Roy, he has moved on and maybe everyone else should also move on. What I liked about him was his honesty and lack of ego. Need to remember that he had a winning record with Montreal. Carbonneau is said to want an assistant coach with energy. Mario brings energy, pride, knowledge of the game and work ethic. If he is selected I will not be upset, if someone else is selected I will not be upset, bottom line Carbonneau and Gainey will select who "they" want.

Yeah I'm sure he has moved on from destroying the franchise, and setting it back by 10 years, by forcing the best goalie in the history of the game to pack up and leave town, and then the ###### of a GM can't get mend fences or get anything better than Thibault, Kovalenko amd Rucinky for him. Incredible