Hwl

JLP

I'm also wondering about Calgary and St.Louis. They're pretty good with their HQ forms but I wish we had guys who were really active on the board as well.

dark, I think KoZed made her up for the last draft.

That suddenly makes a lot more sense. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also wondering about Calgary and St.Louis. They're pretty good with their HQ forms but I wish we had guys who were really active on the board as well.

dark, I think KoZed made her up for the last draft.

:rolleyes:

The STL GM is suprizingly active. Now I know he isnt around HWL much like alot of the gm's are but he still has a ton of posts and has been around the HW community for quite a long time. The calgary GM on the other hand isnt a talkative guy and cares more about running his own league than being an active posting HWL GM.

The STL GM is suprizingly active. Now I know he isnt around HWL much like alot of the gm's are but he still has a ton of posts and has been around the HW community for quite a long time. The calgary GM on the other hand isnt a talkative guy and cares more about running his own league than being an active posting HWL GM.

good summary.:P

however, not good enough to justify firing any of these "founders" who are still active enough to deserve keeping their respective team.

There seems to be very little activity in St. Paul, perhaps we should get a GM in there ASAP :D

I hear the GM in LA is so bad, they might have to fire him. Anyways I'm been VERY busy any have only sent my lines in once yet I'm doing WAY better than you. :P Next sim, I'm iniating Plan A which I've been saving.*evil laugh*

On Detroit..... he's pretty active and replies quickly. Just really quiet.

good summary.:P

however, not good enough to justify firing any of these "founders" who are still active enough to deserve keeping their respective team.

I don't think he was trying to justify firing them there, stream.

we never know with kerpie.

Yeah, he's got these killer dolphins... erm sharks, that he is always telling them to kill people. What he doesn't realize though is that sharks don't speak human... erm, English... erm, Albertan.

What language is Albertan?

I feel like I should be offended.

is that the language the speak in 'Brokeback Mountain'?

Well then, now I am offended.

Thanks guys :)

don't be. ;)

im also offended, but to a lesser extent.

why lesser?

Because I look down at anyone not from alberta as it is. You fools have no idea.. I dont even know anyone who owns a gun.. and I only know 1 person who owns a horse. You can make all the redneck jokes you want but you will never know how great it is here unless you have a) visited calgary or b)Have lived here. There isnt 150k Saskachewan Transplants living in this city because they hate it.. they live here because of the awesomeness of calgary and the benefits living here give you. I enjoyed my $400 rebate from the provincal government and im going to enjoy my $300 rebate that ill get come x-mas time. This city is always interesting.. hell it could be 30'C, then it might be cloudy, then it will rain, then it will hail.. it will still be hailing and it will already be sunny out. I love living here and I have never considered leaving. Go ahead make your stupid redneck joke but its only because you live somewhere populated by idiots, clones and bad drivers.

lol, how did I saying speaking "Albertan" turn into this? lol

For the record, I believe every Province (or any populated area) has their own way of speaking or certain phrases/words that are unique to their area. I never implied that anyone from Alberta was a Redneck or anything of that sort, lol.

Also for the record, I too, do not know anyone who owns a gun... lol. Well, there is Hejduk, but he shoots pucks, not bullets.

However, I must agree with the bad driver bit, lol Montreal is terrible in that department.

lol, Revvvvvv why'd you have to bring up Brokeback Mountain mahn! heh, I just read the replys after mine and caught that. :P

Anyway, any one could make an argument that their city is the ultimate city of the universe, but we're all wrong in the end. We all know that the ultimate city is the one they got hiding somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle. It's got to be the best because it's got a ton of missing ships and plans and air balloons full of treasure! Now, if only we could find a way of leaving the city after entering it.

lol, Revvvvvv why'd you have to bring up Brokeback Mountain mahn! heh, I just read the replys after mine and caught that. :P

:huh:

who ... me :?-

guess i hit a nerve

ok - for the record ... i LOVE Calgary & Edmonton. as far as picturesque - there's no place on the planet i'd rather live than on the Alberta side of the Rocky Mountains. (sorry BC)

also - for the record - i have a sister & her family who live in Calgary - they love it there.

now - for what some may call humiliating - i will share - in the spirit of transparency ... not only do i own a cowboy hat - i WEAR a cowboy hat in the GTA during the winter ... sure, i get people looking strangely at me - but shucks, i juss luv that thang!

sorry for any offense taken - none was intended. just like i'm a city-slicker and i tease my wife about being a *insert mid-western term of endearment here* - i figured we all knew each other enough to know that i was joking around.

my apologies.

Cities, suck...I only like visiting them. Lived in 2 major Canadian cities and finally got it right moving out here.

I have also had the pleasure of having visited most cities and all provinces except Saskatchewan and Manitoba...that being said they all have their pro's and con's. Home is always the favorite place no matter where you are. B) The most beautiful place I have come across is Newfoundland...more specifically Gros Morne Park. It is something about the mountains and the ocean together that makes it so special. (yes I have seen the Rockies, very pretty but too commercialized)

For the record...Both Montreal and Calgary have bad drivers IMO....but the Montreal drivers take the cake. I didn't know it was possible to pass someone while turning at a 4-way stop...call me crazy!

Because I look down at anyone not from alberta as it is. You fools have no idea.. I dont even know anyone who owns a gun.. and I only know 1 person who owns a horse. You can make all the redneck jokes you want but you will never know how great it is here unless you have a) visited calgary or b)Have lived here. There isnt 150k Saskachewan Transplants living in this city because they hate it.. they live here because of the awesomeness of calgary and the benefits living here give you. I enjoyed my $400 rebate from the provincal government and im going to enjoy my $300 rebate that ill get come x-mas time. This city is always interesting.. hell it could be 30'C, then it might be cloudy, then it will rain, then it will hail.. it will still be hailing and it will already be sunny out. I love living here and I have never considered leaving. Go ahead make your stupid redneck joke but its only because you live somewhere populated by idiots, clones and bad drivers.

Hahahaha, go kerp!

And the Brokeback Mountain thing, to me, it implies being a gay is a bad thing (and I've seen it around here more then this topic) which it isn't. Now I'm not gay but my best friend is so if you've got a problem with gay people, spare the jokes and keep it to yourself.

And to add to kerp, I don't know anyone who owns a gun or a horse. Heck, I don't even know anyone with a cowboy hat.

Oh oh, I know somebody that owns a horse and other people that own guns...but not me.

I want YIM back! :wall:

Okay, it's not just me that YIM has crapped out on. Anyone know what's wrong with the service?

And as for Alberta? Too much damn winter. I live in Ottawa and we have too much. If I had to deal with snow in May and June? Even rarely? Shoot me.

Okay, it's not just me that YIM has crapped out on. Anyone know what's wrong with the service?

And as for Alberta? Too much damn winter. I live in Ottawa and we have too much. If I had to deal with snow in May and June? Even rarely? Shoot me.

Ah thats what you think.. With Global warming Alberta is now a tropical paridise.. its only cold for 4 Random Weeks in 5 months. With the chinooks (warm gusts of air) that come from the mountains our cold days become tolerable quite frequently. If your complaining about -5 in december then leave our glorious province I say!