Julien Hired By Devils!

Habby1197

I guess he'll be Zach Parisé's personal coach as that's just about as much youth as they have in the entire system.

Good for him but i still think that hed make a helluva lot of money working in Vegas with all the shuffling he did. :P

:hlogo:

I guess he'll be Zach Parisé's personal coach as that's just about as much youth as they have in the entire system.

:lol: Anyways, good for Claude. I think we all knew he would get his chance again in the NHL, probably earlier then we thought though. However, I really don't know how well he will fit in with the Devils. Like Boullion The Habbie said, NJ has is somewhat limited in theyouth department, while Juilen excels at that aspect.

Zajac and Bergfors are both higly touted prospects. Then they've got Martin who is only 25, Gomez and Gionta are only 27. Ahonen should be a very good goaltender.

Devils have plenty of guys to look forward to.

Good for Julien. Shows the respect he had built up around the league that he was able to get a NHL gig after being fired, most other less experienced pro coaches usually coach in the minors before getting another shot.

Devils hire Claude Julien as head coach

Claude Julien

TSN.ca Staff

6/13/2006 1:14:14 PM

The New Jersey Devils on Tuesday hired Claude Julien as their head coach.

''Claude Julien brings experience, knowledge, enthusiasm, and discipline that will complement the players here in the New Jersey Devils organization,'' said Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello.

Julien was fired as the Montreal Canadiens head coach in January of this year after three years behind the bench. In the 2003-04 season he led the Canadiens to a 41-30-7-4 record and into the second round of the playoffs.

Julien replaces Lamoriello, who coached the Devils for much of the season after Larry Robinson stepped down in December. The Devils were 32-18 under Lamoriello and won the Atlantic Division title thanks to an 11-game winning streak to end the regular season.

Zajac and Bergfors are both higly touted prospects. Then they've got Martin who is only 25, Gomez and Gionta are only 27. Ahonen should be a very good goaltender.

Devils have plenty of guys to look forward to.

Martin isn't a prospect anymore and Gomez, Gionta are nowhere near.

Ahonen will be good but Julien isn't a goalie coach.

I only noticed now that Julien is becoming HEAD coach. Wow, that's quite a nice step for him. If he was hired by Bob Gainey and Lou Lamoriello, 2 of the greatest hockey minds in the business then there must be something special to him. I'm still not sure how he'd fit in in NJ. I expect to see one of the league's greatest lines being destroyed. Elias will not return but even if he did, Gionta and Gomez would be split up. He is kind of a defensive coach though so that could be good.

You said youth, not prospects.

whatever... and even the guys they do have like Bergfors, Vrana and Zajac will be no better than 2nd liners, if they make it at all. HF ranks their prospect pool at 21. 21 out of 28 (I don't count the Leafs and Flames as teams) is pretty bad.

whatever... and even the guys they do have like Bergfors, Vrana and Zajac will be no better than 2nd liners, if they make it at all. HF ranks their prospect pool at 21. 21 out of 28 (I don't count the Leafs and Flames as teams) is pretty bad.

How can you say for sure? You have no idea how good they can be, none of us do.

And I take HF with a grain of salt.

To think some thought Julien was the cause of all our problems! :P

Funny though how NJ keeps hiring ex-Habs coaches. Lemaire, Burns, Robinson (ok, not a Habs coach) and now Julien.

The Habs connection is strong in NJ.

Good for Julien... I hope the best for him (except the Stanley Cup - that's ours to get).

:king: :hlogo: :king:

You actually believe what HF says? They've been off countless times and NJ is a great drafting team. Vrana I think will be a solid second liner but Bergfors and especially Zajac could surprise.

You still have lots to learn BTH. Reading Hockeysfuture articles and rankings isn't the way to go if you want to learn about prospects. There is a lot more to it. ;)

You actually believe what HF says? They've been off countless times and NJ is a great drafting team. Vrana I think will be a solid second liner but Bergfors and especially Zajac could surprise.

You still have lots to learn BTH. Reading Hockeysfuture articles and rankings isn't the way to go if you want to learn about prospects. There is a lot more to it. ;)

Yeah, it's called Player Scout 1.4 B)