Desjardins May Not Return To Flyers

habs rule

I read where big eric may not return to the flyers. Anybody think he should come home to the habs? I still think it was big mistake to trade him away. He is making 2.8 mill but at his age might take less? He could provide some leadership on the pp and maybe help make the offence work a little better. I think Bob should take a serious look if Eric could be signed for a reasonable $. with our defence this would be a pretty powerfull unit

Too old, too injury-prone, slowing... We never should have included him in that miserable trade, but signing him now would be a big mistake.

If we can get him for nothing and for cheap, why not. He could be an extra veteran to throw in when needed, and he has played with Carbonneau and maybe Gainy too, so there will be some synergy.

But if we have to sacrifice anything for him then no ... we should continue our building process from within, and get KEY additions.

Please do not let Montreal be the HABS version of the Leaf retirement home.

Desjardins is not as effective as he used to be due to his injuries and age. My opinion is that he would just be injured again if the Habs signed him.

I dont think he is going to command a big dollar and if you look at his numbers from last year they are not bad. 24 points in 45 games +3. yes he is older (experienced) and he is injury prone but on montreal he would not have to be the big star and log 30 mins ice time. He probaly has 2 years left and if we could sign him for 1 mill per year i would say do it! remember Selanne what a steal at 1 mill

I think it's quite obvious the team needs in Montreal and at this point we need someone to assist Markov or a replacement for when he can't play (aka a top pair guy) and Desjardins is nothing close to those needs.

he might want to come for dirt cheap as long as he gets a shot at being the D assitant coach in a couple of seasons when Dougy Jarvis gets bumped up to be Gainey aid.