Habs Speculated Interests In Free Agency

habsfan88

Arnott doesn't play with Modano, they're both centers. In fact, Arnott would be our #1 playing with Kovalev, not second like in Dallas.

Also, please don't compare Arnott to Ribs, Arnott is a legit goal scorer (25 sure), which is what we need, Ribs is just a passer. More over, Arnot as good + ratings (much better player both ways), can play on PP and PK, plus brings the size and grit that we need. There is more then just pts in hockey.

A 60 pts player who's +20 (Arnott) is 100 times better then a 60 pts player who's -10 (Ribs). Ribs gets is pts on the PP, Arnott gets them on 5 on 5.

Not even close to being able to compare both players.

Bring Arnott in and we will kick ass next year, guaranteed. Add the added experience of the young guys and Theo's departure, meaning good-bye the stupid distractions and the crappy goaltending, and we are set for a very good year.

I have to agree with KTC. If Arnott was in Montreal for 2 to 3 years this would help our center position while a player like Plekanec develops his skills. I think the future for center with the HABS is Chipchura and Plekanec. Both should be able to contribute offensively (NOT prolific goal scorers, 60 point players) and be responsible centers.

I can see Arnott in Montreal and would love to see him in the Habs uniform. He won't be the #1 center but probably should be considered the #1.

I don't know if I'd refer to Strachan as a moron -

I would, but that's uncharitable and overstating the case. Let me rephrase the comment in the interest of truth: Strachan is a no-nothing hack, who cannot write very well and is lazy about researching the drivel that passes for his column.

I would, but that's uncharitable and overstating the case. Let me rephrase the comment in the interest of truth: Strachan is a no-nothing hack, who cannot write very well and is lazy about researching the drivel that passes for his column.

THat would be know-nothing hack........

I have to agree with KTC. If Arnott was in Montreal for 2 to 3 years this would help our center position while a player like Plekanec develops his skills. I think the future for center with the HABS is Chipchura and Plekanec. Both should be able to contribute offensively (NOT prolific goal scorers, 60 point players) and be responsible centers.

I can see Arnott in Montreal and would love to see him in the Habs uniform. He won't be the #1 center but probably should be considered the #1.

If...montreal signs Arnott, I think Montreal would have line 1 and line 1a) I don't think either Koivu or Arnott is a true #1 centre, yet both are probably very good, if not, better than 2nd line centre's. If Arnott signed I would say Montreal has 4 lines. Line 1, Line 1a, a 3rd line and a 4th line. And Montreal's fourth line with Begin, Murray, Downey, Bonk etc., is probably line 3a)....much better than most teams 4th liners

THat would be know-nothing hack........

If...montreal signs Arnott, I think Montreal would have line 1 and line 1a) I don't think either Koivu or Arnott is a true #1 centre, yet both are probably very good, if not, better than 2nd line centre's. If Arnott signed I would say Montreal has 4 lines. Line 1, Line 1a, a 3rd line and a 4th line. And Montreal's fourth line with Begin, Murray, Downey, Bonk etc., is probably line 3a)....much better than most teams 4th liners

We've made that assumption months ago and with the past roster... remember?

Does anyone have a source that Mr. Make-it-up knew this before anyone else?

And please not the spector or other gossip/rumour sites.

I'm questioning the source. It is like this in NBA boards where everyone is being traded.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

What about a project? Center Tyler Arnason: 264 games, 143 points. He was not qualified by Ottawa and will be a UFA. He was good in Chicago before Muckler traded for him. Probably take $1.5M to get him.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

I think BG will go after a few of the top centers to see who can land. I think players like Arnason will be on the second list of centers BG will go after. I definitely think there will be a new 2nd line center. I think the writing is on the wall for Ribiero.

I also think Arnason had a major concussion if not 2 last year which will make him less attractive.

About Savard... I can only dream of the point total Koivu could put up in a line with Hossa and Kovalchuk... I dont think Savard is any better than Koivu + the rumoured attitude. Rather keep Ribs.

I would pass on Arnason. There is a reason Ottawa is letting him walk...his attitude and desire are 3 times worse than Ribs.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Arnason will be one of the last free agents signed by any club, if at all. This kid was out of shape when he came to Ottawa and made no effort at all. He had like 3 points in 20 games and didn't play at all in the playoffs.

I'd be suprised if Arnason was playing hockey in October with an NHL club. He makes Ribeiro look like Mark Messier

Arnason will be one of the last free agents signed by any club, if at all. This kid was out of shape when he came to Ottawa and made no effort at all. He had like 3 points in 20 games and didn't play at all in the playoffs.

I'd be suprised if Arnason was playing hockey in October with an NHL club. He makes Ribeiro look like Mark Messier

OUCH... that is saying ALOT! :wacko:

I did not know this. I withdraw my previous Arnason post. :o