Trade For Pronger Possible?

Habs77

Pronger has to be traded from EDM... for family reasons he want to live elsewhere.

If it's to go back near St-Louis, we can forget it.

But if by any chance he is ok with living in MTL... then a trade looks possible btw the 2 teams:

- Souray is rumored to want out of MTL, to be closer to his kid a move to the West would be good for him... he's also an EDM native I believe. He's also another big Dman with a PP shot, he would help fill part of what Pronger brought them and he's signed for about half what Pronger makes.

- we have the cap room after having unloaded Theo

- EDM would typically prefer to send Pronger to the Eastern Conference

- we have a glut of prospects, that we could throw in

- EDM also has Bergeron that they benched in the playoffs... and Laraque... although is he a UFA?

Anyhow...

Souray, Ryder, our 1st rounder.... whatever the package you want to make... it wouldn't be impossible.

We can even throw in Aebischer if they can't re-sign Rollie.

Again... I'm not sure Pronger wants to come East... if he doesn't then forget it.

Two thoughts here.

1. Perhaps he wants to go to Toronto (I sure hope not, but you know Ontario boys...).

2. I would be wary of him changing his mind and wanting to leave again. I would want to see a personal commitment from him.

Brobin

As much as I would love to see the big guy in a Habs uniform, I believe they can get better offers elsewhere. Pittsburg has the #2 pick overall and some young stars.

St Louis with #1 overall has that magical #1 pick and Pronger may want to go back. New owner may want a superstar defenceman and Pronger fits the bill. He was traded to Edmonton, he never went there as a free agent.

As much as I would love to see the big guy in a Habs uniform, I believe they can get better offers elsewhere. Pittsburg has the #2 pick overall and some young stars.

St Louis with #1 overall has that magical #1 pick and Pronger may want to go back. New owner may want a superstar defenceman and Pronger fits the bill. He was traded to Edmonton, he never went there as a free agent.

I said off the bat, IF Pronger would ever say a move to MTL was ok with him (and his wife)... it was a longshot to be sure.

I would forget Pittsburgh... for a variety of reasons, namely that nobody wants to live there either.

Also they can't afford to spend anything near the cap, and they are stuck with an ugly contract like Gonchar... I don't see it happening.

St-Louis seems like the obvious destination, as I had mentioned.... he was there for a long time, now a year after leaving he's asking for a trade to live somewhere else, St-Louis would be my guess.

Plus they have the 1st pick, although to be honest... if I were St-Louis I don't give it up. EDM is under the gun to trade Pronger, why would I pay such a high price to solve EDM's problem?

Especially not when I have a future PRonger-type player like Erik Johnson in the draft... I'd give 'em something, but not the #1 pick.

Haha, told everyone Edmonton was a shithole.

He WILL go to the East if he isn't just pulling a Manny. Edmonton won't deal him within the conference. Going back to St.Louis would be the dumbest thing in the world, he wants a Cup too. St.Louis wants a youth movement as well, they just don't match.

Haha, told everyone Edmonton was a shithole.

He WILL go to the East if he isn't just pulling a Manny. Edmonton won't deal him within the conference. Going back to St.Louis would be the dumbest thing in the world, he wants a Cup too. St.Louis wants a youth movement as well, they just don't match.

If wanting a Cup was a priority... he'd had stayed in EDM.

This is about his wife not wanting to live there, and if she wants to go back to St-Louis... and he says he'll only be happy in STL, or near there, then why would an Eastern team sell the farm to bring in a player who doesn't want to be there?

Edited by Habs77

Man, I feel for the Oilers fans...shit. Can you imagine if say this year Huet requested a trade? It'd be the same as what the Oilers are facing now. Their MVP wants out.

I just don't understand why someone would do that after coming so freakin close to winning the Cup. It's something he may regret for his entire career if he never wins a Cup.

Even more shocking that Al Strachan was right. I thought he was on crack when he mentioned the Oilers shopping Pronger.

Checked TSN: It sounds legit, main headline, Bob McKenzie reports....McGuire has an article bout it.

Perhaps a Redden to Edmonton (Alberta native), Pronger to Ottawa trade. But if his wife as rumored is the problem, it may limit him to only a few American teams such as Los Angeles or the Rangers.

This is going to be an interesting draft day!

Edited by smon

Wait Pronger wants out of Edmonton?

Well I remember seeing him running up and down this one street in the area around here. He seemed really happy. Blues fans are idiots though, they booed him for some strange reason when he was here. He's got to stay in Canada in my opinion. He's good for the game up there and not down here. Would be great to see him in a habs uni because the guy f-ing rules. Favourite defenceman. But I don't know if the french media in montreal would love him that much. Never heard him speak french and you know with that saku thing...

If wanting a Cup was a priority... he'd had stayed in EDM.

This is about his wife not wanting to live there, and if she wants to go back to St-Louis... and he says he'll only be happy in STL, or near there, then why would an Eastern team sell the farm to bring in a player who doesn't want to be there?

Ah, I see you've talked to him then.

Obviously it's about that but hes not gonna go to some shitty team just because his wife wants to live there. He'll go to another cup contender closer to St.Louis.

St. Louis will be under new ownership officially by this weekend, so the Blues are a very distinct possibility. I was watching Prime Time Sports this evening, and everyone seemed to agree that the top choice on the list is St. Louis. Although they did float an idea that he could wind up in Florida with Mike Keenan again, but that seemed more like a "what if" scenario than anything else.

Wait Pronger wants out of Edmonton?

Well I remember seeing him running up and down this one street in the area around here. He seemed really happy. Blues fans are idiots though, they booed him for some strange reason when he was here. He's got to stay in Canada in my opinion. He's good for the game up there and not down here. Would be great to see him in a habs uni because the guy f-ing rules. Favourite defenceman. But I don't know if the french media in montreal would love him that much. Never heard him speak french and you know with that saku thing...

Aucun rapport.

Pronger has to be traded from EDM... for family reasons he want to live elsewhere.

If it's to go back near St-Louis, we can forget it.

But if by any chance he is ok with living in MTL... then a trade looks possible btw the 2 teams:

- Souray is rumored to want out of MTL, to be closer to his kid a move to the West would be good for him... he's also an EDM native I believe. He's also another big Dman with a PP shot, he would help fill part of what Pronger brought them and he's signed for about half what Pronger makes.

- we have the cap room after having unloaded Theo

- EDM would typically prefer to send Pronger to the Eastern Conference

- we have a glut of prospects, that we could throw in

- EDM also has Bergeron that they benched in the playoffs... and Laraque... although is he a UFA?

Anyhow...

Souray, Ryder, our 1st rounder.... whatever the package you want to make... it wouldn't be impossible.

We can even throw in Aebischer if they can't re-sign Rollie.

Again... I'm not sure Pronger wants to come East... if he doesn't then forget it.

Yes, it's possible that Montreal could trade for him but not likely. I don't think we need a one-man six-million dollar plus investment that could lead to 'I want to be traded' in a year or two.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

EDM hockey fans must be in schock. They went from the excitement of acquiring Pronger at the beginning of the season to, seeing him signed a multi-years contract during the season to, seeing how a Conny-Smith type

performance like his can transport a team further than expected during the play-offs to,.............well,...

to today's news.... aouch !!

I can only imagine the number of kids that had their fathers bying them expensive over-sized no.44 sweater this year telling their father this morning........you told me he was going to be with our team for many years.......why did you tell me that if he is going already ?

The kids are allright......but not this morning.

I wouldn't trade for him either, he is too expensive although a great player.

Expensive, not too expensive. Chris Pronger is priceless.

He won't be coming to Montreal, both because he wouldn't want to play here, and Gainey wouldn't wanna strip the club of the players it would require to get him here. He'd have to unload alot of salary to fit Prongers contract under the cap.

Florida may be a good fit. Keenan has cap space down there, and they have the recently aquired Bryan Allen, 10th overall pick, Nathan Horton and other prospects to send back the other way.

Los Angeles is a possibility although they seem to be looking for a goalie more than anything.

It'll definitley be interesting to see what happens, and what the ultimate reason is for wanting to leave Edmonton

If he were to be dealt with Montreal, he won't come cheap seeing how Edmonton gave up Brewer and solid young guys in Woywitka (sp?) and Lynch.

Nonetheless, the Oilers' defense will get a huge shock with Pronger missing if he's going to be dealt. The good news is that the Oilers can still get a pretty package in exchange for him.

Well if its a because of the wife, she is from st. louis. I just don't get it really. She should be happy. This puzzles me beyond belief, but then again I didn't grow up in a professional sports team family. If she was so dead set against Edmonton why don't they do what the football, baseball and basketball guys do, live in both cities. Pronger works during the school year so he wouldn't be around much anyway. Have the kids live in st. louis, Chris would have an a condo somewhere in Edmonton during the season and live in St. louis during the summer.

maybe he coulde remind his wife about how ;ucky she his to be married to a guy that makes 6.5M a year instaed on whinning about edmonotone. with that kind of dough, she can fly tp st louis whenever she wants.

Well if its a because of the wife, she is from st. louis. I just don't get it really. She should be happy. This puzzles me beyond belief, but then again I didn't grow up in a professional sports team family. If she was so dead set against Edmonton why don't they do what the football, baseball and basketball guys do, live in both cities. Pronger works during the school year so he wouldn't be around much anyway. Have the kids live in st. louis, Chris would have an a condo somewhere in Edmonton during the season and live in St. louis during the summer.

Pierre the Great, I couldn't agree more. Pronger should just stay put. Why ruin a good thing in Edmonton? The travel is a hastle on a marriage anyway regardless of the team one plays for. Lowe will probably aim east in a trade so Pronger doesn't come back to haunt them. How does any of this solve his wife wanting to live in St. Louis? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

That is, unless there's other things going on here that we know nothing about. That's hockey I guess.

If Mrs. Pronger wants to be close to St. Louis and he wants to stay in contention for the cup, then Nashville is one obvious destination. I know, nobody wants to consider Nashville a cup contender, (seeing as the fans have fewer teeth than the players and more people recognize Dale Earnhardt Jr. than Paul Kariya) but they're close to being a top flight club, and might be able to manufacture a deal with picks and a young guy or two to rope in #44.