Habs Resign Huet !

Theberge43

Merci Matthew, good article.

Hip, hip, Huet!

Nice article Matt.

Thanks guys.

And it looks like I might be right about Gainey wanting to keep Aebischer as well, considering the rumors that he's accepted the qualifying offer.

Still, many people claiming that this means he'll be traded... *shrug*. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Unless we get a good offer for Aebi, I would hold on to him as insurance. His value will only go up as teams get desperate during the season.

Brobin

True enough, but how long can we leave Danis in the AHL?

A little under 3 mil for the starting goalie is a heck of deal. I think it would not hurt to hold on to Aebi to see what happens in the new season. If Huet stumbles we can rely on Aebi. If Huet soars we have one of the best back up goalies in the league, ideally, fighting for a #1 position. I also think that come the end of Decembre there will be many teams hungry for a #1 goaltender and Aebi's stock will raise accordingly. Win win. Plus this goalie competion would allow Danis to be a starter in the farm team and be ready step up come the Aebi trade time.

Not to wish the summer away, but I sure can't wait to see the Canadiens when they hit the ice this fall.

I think Danis would prefer to step up to the plate this year... hes getting kinda old to be sitting around in the AHL waiting for his turn.

:hlogo:

Well hopefully Huet can repeat what he did last season. $3 Million seems a little high, but he probably would have got a little more on the open market.

Wonder whats going to happen with Danis?

Assuming I got the right data, it seems to me we still have some cap room to play with

Right now it looks like this w/ Huet and Aebischer signed

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSearch...sp?OIDTeam=9461

Attack

Koivu 4.75

Kovalev 4.5

Kostytyin 0.8

Plekanec 0.45

Murray 0.57

Bégin 0.65

Downey 0.48

Bonk 2.4

Zednik 1.98

Ribiero ???

Ryder ???

Higgins ???

Perezhogin ???

Bulis - Gone

Sundstrom - Gone

9 guys - $16.58 Millions

Defense

Dandenault 1.7

Markov 2

Rivet 2.47

Sourray 2.43

4 guys - $8.6 millions

Komisarek ???

Bouillon ???

Streit ???

Simpson ???

Goal

Huet - 3

Aebischer - 2

2 guys - $5 millions

Total 15 guys - $30.18 millions

Assuming I got the right data, it seems to me we still have some cap room to play with

Right now it looks like this w/ Huet and Aebischer signed

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSearch...sp?OIDTeam=9461

Attack

Koivu 4.75

Kovalev 4.5

Kostytyin 0.8

Plekanec 0.45

Murray 0.57

Bégin 0.65

Downey 0.48

Bonk 2.4

Zednik 1.98

Ribiero ???

Ryder ???

Higgins ???

Perezhogin ???

Bulis - Gone

Sundstrom - Gone

9 guys - $16.58 Millions

Defense

Dandenault 1.7

Markov 2

Rivet 2.47

Sourray 2.43

4 guys - $8.6 millions

Komisarek ???

Bouillon ???

Streit ???

Simpson ???

Goal

Huet - 3

Aebischer - 2

2 guys - $5 millions

Total 15 guys - $30.18 millions

Plekanec is more like $700,000

Murray is probably closer to $700,000

Begin is $1,000,000

Downey is probably $550,000

Aebischer will be $2,100,000

Streit will probably get $600,000

So thats almost $1.5 Million more right there in corrections.

Komisarek $1,000,000

Higgins $1,000,000

Ryder $2,000,000

Bouillon $1,100,000

Ribeiro $1,300,000

Danis $850,000

Thats $7.3 Million IF these guys resign

So thats brings you to around $39 Millon, and Montreal will not spend more than $41 Million. So really they only have about $2 Million to spend unless the move some people. Doesn't look good for free agents right about now

So thats brings you to around $39 Millon, and Montreal will not spend more than $41 Million. So really they only have about $2 Million to spend unless the move some people. Doesn't look good for free agents right about now

That's the key point. If Gainey signs a centerman then Ribs is gone, so take his salary off the books. Kostitsyn pretty much already has one of the 2 spots vacated by Bulis and Sunny, who knows who gets the other spot and at what price.

Plekanec is more like $700,000

Murray is probably closer to $700,000

Begin is $1,000,000

Downey is probably $550,000

Aebischer will be $2,100,000

Streit will probably get $600,000

So thats almost $1.5 Million more right there in corrections.

Jean has posted his numbers from the nhlpa.com site and they should know the real salaries of the players. Bégin is only 0.65 million, Murray 0.575 million, Plekanec 0.45 million etc.

Those salaries are actually the amount they will receive for real in $, but the hit against the cap for a team is the average of the total salary over the lenght of the contract.

This is to avoid paying a guy 1M$ for a year and 6M$ another so that a team can boost a elite club for one year.

Most sites don't reflect the cap hit but the actual salary per the contract for that given year. Take TSN for example, the salaries they have are not a teams payroll for the cap , but how much a team will actually pay in terms of $.

Jean has posted his numbers from the nhlpa.com site and they should know the real salaries of the players. Bégin is only 0.65 million, Murray 0.575 million, Plekanec 0.45 million etc.

So explain to me how Begin just signed a 3 year deal worth $3 million and you say his cap hit is only $650,000. You math doesn't exactly add up.

Salary cap is determined by the average salary over the course of the contract, not by the individual yearly salary. You should probably understand a little about that before going off half cocked.

BEgin's new contract superceeded his old one....a bonus for his dedication and hardwork to the organization