Bouillon In The Soup?

The way some people on this board are talking you would think the cube is the second coming of Bobby Orr. If he goes he goes. The habs can sign a d-man in the off season. There are good ones out there. The above poster forgot Kuba and Jovanoski. Skratchtins (spelling) was resigned by the AVs. I heard it on the radio this morning.

Wasn't it Ossi Väänänen and not Skrastins who was re-signed by the AVS?

Anyways, I only mentioned players who could do the same job as Bouillon, hard working defencive first d-men and Jovanovski isn't that type of player. He's more all-around with much more skills who would cost a lot more than Bouillon.

yes, sorry about that. Good call. I read the above post and worote the other D down.

Agreed about Jovo. If the habs go after him, Souray can move back and play with Dandy. So he won't have to play against the other teams best players. We have all seen what happens when he does that.

Well, the point isnt that Bouillon is a star defenseman...because he's not.

The point is that for so many games last season, he was the only Habs defender who showed up to play. The others mailed it in from time to time, but Bouillon was freakishly consistent.

The point is that for so many games last season, he was the only Habs defender who showed up to play. The others mailed it in from time to time, but Bouillon was freakishly consistent.

Nobody said that he's a star defender - he's simply a fan favourite who gives 100% night in and night out. That's why the fans don't want to see him leaving the town.

While true that Bouillon is not a "star" player her brings a lot to the team. Evidence the success of Edmonton and Carolina without a lot of star players on defense. I like Bouillon, teams need this type of support players. :)

Bouillon's contract story is tough to understand. His agent says that he wants a short term contract, because he wants to be a UFA as often as possible, then Bouillon says he wants a long term deal... From what I heard, he's asking around 1.5-1.8 per season for 3 years, and some teams (Atlanta and Pittsburgh) are wanting to sign him at that price. At that price (he would probably sign for 1.5 with Mtl), we can't afford to let him go. He's a warrior who shows up every night, and he really is important for us especially in the new NHL.

Damn, Bouillon is ok, but this place overrates him something fierce. If he walks out on the Habs it's not the end of the world.

Skill-wise, I agree with your post. But it would hurt Habs fans alot to see Bouillon walk....and ESPECIALLY to the Leafs.

Bouillon is such a Canadien. He is someone the fans all recognize and it would be very weird to see him in another jersey. If Bouillon does not re-sign...It is a tough pill to swallow.

Damn, Bouillon is ok, but this place overrates him something fierce. If he walks out on the Habs it's not the end of the world.
I don't think people overrate him at all, on the other hand there are those that seem to underrate him

Yeah! I remember that game and that play! I raved about it in a thread here. I remember the injury too, because it was a cheapshot by some Pens rookie they got from Carolina. He tripped Bouillon up while the two were racing for an icing touch up, just before Bouillon was at the end boards. The intent to injure was there, and I'm surprised that someone else on the Habs didn't try for a little retribution.

It was against the Pens.. Bouillon drove someone into the boards in his own end, carried the puck down the ice, deked Crosby out of his jockstrap and set up the goal... Such an amazing play... only damper was he ended up getting injured that same game...