Laraque In Montréal?

jordy11

Hitting and Bulis should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Coughing up puck to avoid being hit is a more like Bulis.

Begin, Murray, Downey, Komisarek and Bouillion are the only guys that can use that word.

I just could not stop laughing at your comment. Downey and Murray although they try, are not hockey players.

Bulis did check, you have to actually be watching the game to notice. Now coughing up the puck and avoiding a check, well I cannot argue with you there.

I just could not stop laughing at your comment. Downey and Murray although they try, are not hockey players.

Bulis did check, you have to actually be watching the game to notice. Now coughing up the puck and avoiding a check, well I cannot argue with you there.

An insane Avs fan knows Bulis more than an insane Habs fan?

Funny thing is...I watched all 82 games. And just about every single game Bulis has played in for the Habs...yes I am an addict. Bulis has wheels...and that is it. Yeah, he scored 20 goals but the failed opportunities to score far outweighed his goals...what is really funny is that not a single NHL team is rumoured interesting in this big hitter. Maybe he is only successful in Europe.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

An insane Avs fan knows Bulis more than an insane Habs fan?

Funny thing is...I watched all 82 games. And just about every single game Bulis has played in for the Habs...yes I am an addict. Bulis has wheels...and that is it. Yeah, he scored 20 goals but the failed opportunities to score far outweighed his goals...what is really funny is that not a single NHL team is rumoured interesting in this big hitter. Maybe he is only successful in Europe.

I watched all 82 Habs games as well, so does this still make you a BETTER Habs fan than me? My Ken Dryden Jersey just folded itself up and is cowering in the closet as my habs fan status is in question.

Murray is a good player. He's only 23 (or maybe 24 now) yet he's fast, hits, plays solid defence, energizes the team and does everything that a mini-Begin should do. He also comes close to the league minimum. Hard-working young gritty guys like that are priceless.

OK, Downey doesn't bring much to the table besides more toughness, but he doesn't hurt us in any way and he seems to have a good atittude in the locker room and on the ice. He's also very cheap. These guys are very good to have on your 4th line.

Bulis has never had the hands to play on the top two lines which is why he always played on the third line. He had his chance on the top two lines and blew it. The problem with Bulis on the 3rd line is that he isn't a strong forechecker. I looked at the stats from this years play-offs and Bulis only had 6 hits in 6 games...okay for a skilled forward but not a checking forward. BTW 4 came in 1 game and he didn't have any hits in 4 games!

IMO, he is a reliable all-round guy but he isn't an ideal guy in any position.

In comparison...Begin had 7 hits in 2 games, Murray 9 hits, Perezhogin even had 11 hits. Sundstrom had 5 in fewer games. Guys like Begin and Murray are guys that know how to be checking forwards.

I watched all 82 Habs games as well, so does this still make you a BETTER Habs fan than me? My Ken Dryden Jersey just folded itself up and is cowering in the closet as my habs fan status is in question.

Not at all...but if the Habs were your team...

Bulis has never had the hands to play on the top two lines which is why he always played on the third line. He had his chance on the top two lines and blew it. The problem with Bulis on the 3rd line is that he isn't a strong forechecker. I looked at the stats from this years play-offs and Bulis only had 6 hits in 6 games...okay for a skilled forward but not a checking forward. BTW 4 came in 1 game and he didn't have any hits in 4 games!

IMO, he is a reliable all-round guy but he isn't an ideal guy in any position.

In comparison...Begin had 7 hits in 2 games, Murray 9 hits, Perezhogin even had 11 hits. Sundstrom had 5 in fewer games. Guys like Begin and Murray are guys that know how to be checking forwards.

I think you meant Bulis isn't a strong checker - he is a strong forechecker. Like you said, he checks enough for a scoring forwrad but not for a checking forward. He's leaving because he considers himself a scoring forward and not a checking forward. Aside for his slump (even Koivu had a worse one) at the start of the season where he kept messing up his scoring chances, Bulis proved to be a good goalscorer hitting 20 goals with limited icetime, and with defensive linemates. He does have potential to be a solid 2nd line forward. I would say he can be a solid second liner right now. Whether he ever becomes one though, is another story.

Ah crap, I only saw about 75 regular season games of the Habs

Looks like I can't be in this debate :(

I only saw 77 games but feel I can contribute......bring in a certified heavyweight. Sign a goon for cheap, that can't be hard!

Not at all...but if the Habs were your team...

You have no clue who I am and yes the Habs have been my team since the 60's. And if someone was NOT a habs fan, then they have to not say anything? That would make things a little boring around here......

Back on topic, after what Laraque has said in the past I cannot believe he would want to actually show his face in Montreal. I know he is tough and probably not scared of anyone, but to come to a team that he was unsure of in the past is questionable. If he was unsure of the media pressure and fan pressure before, what would make it different now? Age? Or is he a guy that has a house in Quebec and wants to come home to retire. (A Maple Leaf tradition)

You have no clue who I am and yes the Habs have been my team since the 60's. And if someone was NOT a habs fan, then they have to not say anything? That would make things a little boring around here......

very well, just wondering why your name says you are an Avs fan. As for only seeing 75 & 77 games respectively, :D ...I was just countering the fact the the insaneAvsfan assumed I wasn't watching the games because I said Bulis doesn't hit hard. My wife would surely disagree.

If it's a goon we need then here are a few names that could be aquired cheap( I do this as another option instead of Laraque coming here)

Super cheap-Kip Brennan(ANA), Francis Lessard(ATL),Gordie Dwyer(not at all what we need but I included him anyways)(CAR),Alex Henry(MIN),Raitis Ivanans(no wait....we had him),Eric Godard(NYI),Jesse Bowlofrice(STL), Wade Brookbank(VAN), Oliwa,Nazarov, Purinton,Alain Nasreddine,vandebusche,Reed Low, Doug Doull,Ivan Majesky....the list goes on. It doesn't have to be Laraque, that's all I'm saying!

"The Phoenix Coyotes have signed winger Georges Laraque to a two-year contract.

The deal, which includes a no-trade clause, will pay Laraque a total of $2.4 million. "

Well there ya go - Gretz wanted him

"The Phoenix Coyotes have signed winger Georges Laraque to a two-year contract.

The deal, which includes a no-trade clause, will pay Laraque a total of $2.4 million. "

Well there ya go - Gretz wanted him

Fewf!