Nhl 07 Videos

TheAussiePosse

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was nintendo until Playstation came out. Been a playstation person ever since. (I know playstation was orginally nintendo)

Big fan of GT

Xbox is okay, I don't like the controller though. Reminds me too much of the dumb N64 controller.

Have you tried the S controller or just played with the normal one? It's a huge difference, I hate the regular one but the S controller is my favorite out of all of them.

I began playing video games on the Atari 7800, a classic gaming system. I still have it, but the controllers are pretty much worn out and don't work very well.

When I was in about 2nd grade, I saved up all my Christmas, birthday, and first communion money and bought an NES. Blades of Steel and Tecmo Bowl, wow.

In about 5th or 6th grade, I got a Sega GameGear for Christmas and used that sucker until it died. After a while, the power supply wouldn't stay consistent and kept messing up. Many an hour were spent on NHL 95.

After 8th grade, I bought myself a PlayStation. I chose it over the N64 because it had a lot more games and I hated the N64 controller. NHL Faceoff Series on PS1 was awesome, commentary was better than EA's series, even still. NCAA Football from EA took the spot as my favorite game series, and it remains so today.

After high school, I moved onto the PS2. Loved the fact that all the PS1 games and controllers worked on the PS2, a very smart move by Sony.

Now, I'd have to stay I'm done with new systems. The prices are simply out of control. 70 bucks for a new game just isn't gonna cut it for me. I may pickup a used Gamecube at some point, as 3 of my favorite games are on that system: MarioKart Double Dash, Mario Super Strikers, and the best of them all, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I have... PS and PS2... and I rarely play them. I guess I should leave the thread now.

Yes, you should.

Did you get yours at launch?

I'm still a little worried about the overheating but my cousin got one in December and he hasn't had any problems. I'm thinking Microsoft has fixed the problem by now but I remember the outrage when it was launched and then I didn't feel so bad about not getting it. Really looking forward to Gears Of War, supposed to be out sometime in October. And of course Quake 4, Oblivion, Prey, the list goes on. And like you said, looking forward to getting my iPod hooked up. My Xbox right now picks and chooses what CDs it will rip so it's a little frustrating. It has no problem taking a soundtrack from a 5 year old movie but god forbid I put my AFI CD in there.

I've got Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, PSP, DS and 64 so by no means am I a one company person. I follow the gaming community heavily.

I'm such a tech geek.

I got mine in December also. I am pretty sure the problems are fixed, as mine is fine.

Yeah, Gears of War looks pretty good, very intese, great graphics. Same goes for Quake, Oblivion and Prey ( I think, haven't seen alot of it)

I have Nintendo (Original) SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, DS, PSP...Let's just say I get bored easily ;)

Also, for the record. Perfect Dark on the 64 was the greatest game...EVER!

Yeah, I go back to the Commodore. Since then I've had the NES, SNES, N64, GC, Virtual Boy (yes, I had the Virtual Boy),PS2, XBX, Genesis, Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, PSP, Nintendo DS and like I said, 360 in a couple weeks probably. Pre-order the Wii and next month and then wait a bit for the PS3 price to drop (or see what happens with blu-ray discs).

Fanpuck, where are you getting your games? 70 bucks is insane, I've never paid more then 40 for mine. :blink:

TBRC, you officially rule. I LOVED Perfect Dark. I remember getting that midway through Grade 7 and then for the rest of the year my only reading material was the players guide.

Fanpuck, where are you getting your games? 70 bucks is insane, I've never paid more then 40 for mine. :blink:

I'm talking about for the 360 and PS3, that's why I don't plan on getting a new system.

(or see what happens with blu-ray discs).

Face it, getting Sony to use Blu-ray discs on the PS3 pretty much ensures that Blu-ray will win the battle to replace DVDs.

Yeah, I go back to the Commodore. Since then I've had the NES, SNES, N64, GC, Virtual Boy (yes, I had the Virtual Boy),PS2, XBX, Genesis, Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, PSP, Nintendo DS and like I said, 360 in a couple weeks probably. Pre-order the Wii and next month and then wait a bit for the PS3 price to drop (or see what happens with blu-ray discs).

TBRC, you officially rule. I LOVED Perfect Dark. I remember getting that midway through Grade 7 and then for the rest of the year my only reading material was the players guide.

That guide was awsome. Did you have the one with the comic? I know, I played that game the entire summer. My multiplayer profile is insane!

I'm talking about for the 360 and PS3, that's why I don't plan on getting a new system.

Face it, getting Sony to use Blu-ray discs on the PS3 pretty much ensures that Blu-ray will win the battle to replace DVDs.

They still won't be that much, 360 games are 50 bucks at the most at my local EB.

And Sony using blu-ray means nothing, they're on the decline and have lost a lot of credibility since E3.

That guide was awsome. Did you have the one with the comic? I know, I played that game the entire summer. My multiplayer profile is insane!

Yeah, I had the comic one. I think it was the official Nintendo one. I got it for passing Grade 7, played it all damn summer too.

They still won't be that much, 360 games are 50 bucks at the most at my local EB.

And Sony using blu-ray means nothing, they're on the decline and have lost a lot of credibility since E3.

Yeah, I had the comic one. I think it was the official Nintendo one. I got it for passing Grade 7, played it all damn summer too.

Oh man, that was a good summer. There is so much to that game. Trent however will always be my most hated character. For always wanting the Palegic 2 and calling Mr. Blonde a"Scandanaving Freak"

360 games are 60 bucks here, and I've read Sony will be selling PS3 games for 70 bucks.

What even is the compeition against Blu-ray? I've been hearing about Blu-ray for years and have heard about the war they are in, but I have no clue what the competition even is. Blu-ray obviously has much better marketing.

Oh man, I was trying to think of it's competition. I can't think of the name of the other brand but Blu-ray is supposedly light years better. The price scares me though, DVDs are already too expensive.

I don't understand why they're replacing DVDs with another form of disc. The only thing wrong with DVDs is that even the tiniest scratch can cause the disc to skip and freeze in the player. Are any other discs going to be able to avoid this drawback? I doubt it.

I think they would be wise to devise some sort of device like a flash drive that has movies and extras on it. Probably wouldn't be very cost effective for another few years, but at least it wouldn't skip.

Oh geez! HD DVD! I knew that. HD DVD is Blu-ray's main competitor. It's got less disc capacity but will also be cheaper. Should be interesting to see if the public is willing to fork out cash for Blu-ray or goes with the cheaper HD DVD option. Toshiba, Intel and Microsoft are behind HD DVD so you know it has potential as well.

I don't understand why they're replacing DVDs with another form of disc. The only thing wrong with DVDs is that even the tiniest scratch can cause the disc to skip and freeze in the player. Are any other discs going to be able to avoid this drawback? I doubt it.

I think they would be wise to devise some sort of device like a flash drive that has movies and extras on it. Probably wouldn't be very cost effective for another few years, but at least it wouldn't skip.

Blu-ray can. In 2004 they came up with a solution because before then it was HIGHLY susceptible to any kind of scratch because it places the information closer to the center then DVDs or HD DVDs do. They came up with this clear polymer coating. Well, I'll just take it straight from Wiki...

Because the Blu-ray standard places data so close to the surface of the disc, early discs were susceptible to dust and scratches and had to be enclosed in plastic caddies for protection. Such an inconvenience, the consortium worried, would Blu-ray's adoption in the face of the rival HD DVD standard; HD DVDs place data further away like DVDs. CDs use a single layer of lacquer over the reflective data backing (on the label side) and are more susceptible to damage on the label side than DVDs, HD DVDs, or Blu-ray Discs.

A solution was announced in January 2004 with the introduction of a clear polymer coating that gives Blu-ray Discs unprecedented scratch resistance. The coating was developed by TDK Corporation and is called "Durabis". It allows BDs to be cleaned safely with only a tissue. The coating is said to successfully resist "wire-wool scrubbing" according to Samsung Optical technical manager Chas Kalsi. HD DVDs are more similar to current CDs and DVDs in this respect, as they can be manufactured using essentially the same processes and do not require such a surface layer.

If HD-DVDs don't encorporate some sort of scratch resistance, then I think Blu-Ray has a big edge here. They'll both offer HD quality pictures, but Blu-ray Discs sound like they'll never skip, unless someone shakes the player of course.

It should be interesting. People are either going to go for the lower cost of software and hardware or the higher and more exceptional technology. IF BR can keep the prices down, I think they could take it.

Lets hope DVDs can hold on for a few more years though.

I already know the first trade I make when getting this game

1st round pick for Alexander Ovenckin. If thats not enough I'll give more.. I HAVE to have him on the Habs!

Dammit, just watched the 13 minute demo for the 360 and now I want it.

And for people who hated the old announcing team, Gary Thorne and Bill Clement are doing 07 (the team from the 2k5 and before games. Really, really good)

And for people who hated the old announcing team, Gary Thorne and Bill Clement are doing 07 (the team from the 2k5 and before games. Really, really good)

Freaking awesome! The only thing that could make that team better would be Darren Pang doing on-ice reports!

I hope for your sake that the 360 version of NHL 07 is better than Madden 06 and NCAA 07. I've played both on a friend's system and I think both had stunning graphics, but were no better than previous years versions. I actually much prefer NCAA 07 on PS2.

Freaking awesome! The only thing that could make that team better would be Darren Pang doing on-ice reports!

I hope for your sake that the 360 version of NHL 07 is better than Madden 06 and NCAA 07. I've played both on a friend's system and I think both had stunning graphics, but were no better than previous years versions. I actually much prefer NCAA 07 on PS2.

I've heard Madden 06 was bad but that was because EA cut development down by a couple months so they could get it out at launch. 07 should be much better since it's actually going through a full development cycle.

where did you see this video ?? i'm itchin to see it :)

I saw it on google video, I'll go get the link...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=176...p;q=nhl+07+demo

Colorado has a really high rating in the game, I just noticed it when the EA guy was switching teams around. They got an 86. o_O. Higher then Dallas, Calgary, Carolina (lol), Edmonton. Find that really odd.

And the analog stick is used for EVERYTHING. Not just shooting, you use it to speed burst, stickhandle, body check, wrist shot, slap shot. The only thing the face buttons do is change your strategies, sounds REALLY intriguing. And they've finally added in things like Waivers and Two Way contracts. Not sure if anyone mentioned it here either but Ovechkin is the cover guy for this years version.

I like how they didn't bother with a next-gen version of NHL 06.. NHL 07 looks completely reinvented, and I, for one, CANNOT WAIT for september...

There's a nice preview at Gamespot...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl...tml?sid=6153970