Bouillon Signed !

Theberge43

On TSN now, too. If you ask me $1.875M over 3 years is a lot of money for Bouillon. Oh well, I was indifferent to Bouillon's return, and now I just hope he can produce given the $$ he's making.

Actually the amount quoted appears to be the going rate for a player with his qualities. He brings intensity and consistency to the game. :hockey:

I love what he brings to the team, but that much money seems like a bit much to me.

Personally I think we should have let him walk and got someone else, however, he is not being overpayed.

He is a #4 Dman on many teams, and he has been a good team player on the Habs for years.

For example Wallin got 6.9 million over 4 years for 1.725 million per season.

Wallin is no where close to the Dman that Boullion is, IMO.

Also Commodore signed a two year 2.5 milluon dollar contract for an 1.25 per year average, who also is no in Boullion's league.

He's an excellent skater, good first pass, can fight, throws big hits and plays with pain.

Is he undersized? Forsure.

Is he overpayed? No way in hell.

Many people seem to forget that he is a UFA with all the bargaining power. I'm 100% sure there are at least 5 teams that would have been prepared to give him 2 million + per season.

Welcome back Boullion.

IMO he's a bit overpaid now but it's not like a few hundred thousand dollars more is gonna screw up our cap situation.

Altough I'm worried about Markov next year.. how much will weh ave to give him to keep him on the team?? :unsure:

IMO he's a bit overpaid now but it's not like a few hundred thousand dollars more is gonna screw up our cap situation.

Altough I'm worried about Markov next year.. how much will weh ave to give him to keep him on the team?? :unsure:

Markov, Rivet and Souray are up for grabs next year, aren't they?

I'm glad he's back... he's well worth it.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Markov is still restricted next year....Not to worry

He is?

My bad, I tought he was becoming an UFA like Souray and Rivet. Thank God. I hopê BG give him a long term contract to delay free agency as much as possible, assuming he have a decent season.

Bonk will be re-signed for cheaper than his current contract and Zednik.. well the consensus among Habs fan is than he's, like Ribis, on his way out already so that's no biggie. I was worried than Markov might pull a Chara on us tough and quit the team for $1M more...

Bouillon for nearly 2 millions a year - at first I thought it was a bit too much but if you then compare him to McKee and his 4 millions he just signed. McKee is totally overpayed - a guy who's a good leader and very solid defencively gets 4 million?! I'm happy Gainey kept Bouillon instead of picking up a similar guy in McKee & Co.