2006 Summer Ufa Thread

Tony

I can't believe they gave Roloson almost $4 million. First they trade away a 1st round pick for him, now they pay almost $4 million for a 36 year old guy who just blew out his knee. Talk about loyalty. I guess thats what you get when you take your team to the Stanley Cup finals

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mm do you think anyone will sign Lindros or Allison?

Not than I want Montréal to sign them, but I'm wondering if their career is over.

mm do you think anyone will sign Lindros or Allison?

Not than I want Montréal to sign them, but I'm wondering if their career is over.

Rumor is Lindros has a handshake deal with JFjr for $750,000. Now it is an old rumor which is probably true.

Allison could be signed by a team that needs point production. That team must have an automatic building tilt machine to help him when he has the puck to pick up speed. :D

Allison to Calgary, perhaps?

Wouldn't be too expensive at all, and he is good at making plays happen, works wonders on PP. Just painfully slow and weak defensively.

Shhhhhhh.... Don't ever say that as Calgary is listening. I am trying to start the rumour Ribero is going there as Tanguay and Iggy need some speed to keep up with them. :D

Blues got Weight, McKee and Hinote already. I think there was someone else too. Anyway, these are some nice steps to get out of the bottom 5.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed free agent defenseman Mark Eaton to a two-year contract.

He will be paid $1.6 million each season, which is still a bit much for a stay at home defenseman.

Presumably the market's been driven up by Gill, McKee and Salei.

Let's face it, there arent too many teams looking for goalies like Aebischer aside from Detroit.

And Aebischer's $2.1 Million salary is too much for Detroit to handle without sending a contract back. And theres no way its going to be Datysuk, Zetterberg or Kronwall, or anybody else that will help the Montreal Canadiens

The San Jose Sharks have signed Mike Grier to a three-year deal, that will give him $1.75M a year. Very underrated and gritty winger, similar to Langenbrunner, good signing.

The Rangers have signed another ex Hurricane...Aaron Ward.

And Aebischer's $2.1 Million salary is too much for Detroit to handle without sending a contract back. And theres no way its going to be Datysuk, Zetterberg or Kronwall, or anybody else that will help the Montreal Canadiens

Robert Lang :contract:

But do they want Aebischer? I don't know, I think a guy like Martin Biron is better. Or a Nabokov.

Sportsnet has been reporting on their website that the Wings are looking at Eddie Belfour anyways.

But do they want Aebischer? I don't know, I think a guy like Martin Biron is better. Or a Nabokov.

Sportsnet has been reporting on their website that the Wings are looking at Eddie Belfour anyways.

Detroit said that they're looking for a cheap goalie. Biron, Nabokov and Giguere are probably all better goalies than Aebs, but I bet that they would end up being a lot more expensive as well. Gigs and Nabs are out of the question and I think Biron would be looking for at least 3 million a year.

This sucks, 3 full days and nothing.... All the GMs are having a pool party and Gainey is the little kid all alone on the edge with water wings on.... :blush:

:hlogo:

The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with centre Marty Reasoner on a two-year contract for $1.9 million.

Reasoner returns to the Oilers from the Boston Bruins, where he played the final month of the 2005-06 season following a trade for Sergei Samsonov..

I doubt it they signed Dallas' ex backup Johan Hedberg as well...so I suppose Braithwaite is insurance for injury. They had a hell of a lot of that last year.

The Blues are said to have signed Petr Cajanek. No confirmation yet.

Yanic Perreault!

"Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette has said that the Pens are actively pursuing center Yanic Perreault for his faceoff abilities as a third-line center."

Heh, well at least somebody still wants him. I don't know why Nashville let him go, he did a good job there.

Edited by smon