Tom Poti Signed ?

Theberge43

Hockeytraderumors shouldn't even exist. Same goes for the fourth period which doesn't update it's website very often... Spectors usually only posts snippets from decent sources...he fell asleep on this one.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Hockeytraderumors shouldn't even exist. Same goes for the fourth period which doesn't update it's website very often... Spectors usually only posts snippets from decent sources...he fell asleep on this one.

Yes, I couldn't agree more.

Spector missed that one because he's an anxious Habs fan.

I wonder if someone ever extended to him a forum invite for here?

Yes, I couldn't agree more.

Spector missed that one because he's an anxious Habs fan.

I wonder if someone ever extended to him a forum invite for here?

yeah someone should.

:hlogo:

Actually it says WOULD'VE....

"According to Michel Villeneuve from the 110% TV sports show in Quebec, the Habs would've signed forward Petr Sykora to a 3 year, 9.9 Millions contract and Tom Poti to a 2 year, 5 Millions contract. More to come..."

Maybe the more to come is ......would've signed BUT ( according to George Costanza :) ) they're both currently under investigation for insider trading.......

The scouting report on Poti is as follows:

Assets - Presents a tremendous physical package with a very heavy shot, great size and mobility.

Has outstanding offensive upside

Flaws - Has a tendency to complicate matters in the defensive zone.

Must work on his play without the puck and use his size more to keep forwards honest

Career potential - Power play quarterback

6'-3" 210 lbs

516 NHL Games

52 Goals

156 Assists

208 Points

His numbers aren't exactly chickenfeed and he has offensive talent, which is in demand in the new NHL.

Not sure about his attitude though, as he had issues with the Rangers a while back if memory serves me right.

However I do remember reading somewhere before that Gainey had shown interest in aquiring him?

Could have been just rumours though.....

While not a number 1-3 defenceman, he would be a better depth man than some currently available in the Habs's system. You'd have to consider him a bridge to those in the system who aren't quite ready for prime time just yet.....

At those rumoured $$$$ numbers though I'd have to express some concerns.

Edited by beliveau1

If Gainey gets Poti, it won't be as a depth man. Poti used to be considered a star back in Edmonton, didn't he? I don't think he's worth it for the rumoured cash either though.

Poti stinks. Ask any Rangers fan.

He was a healthy scratch several times last season and the Rangers coach told him if he didn't change his work ethic, Poti wasn't going to play anytime soon.

He's not physical, he's weak defensively and he's so lazy on the ice that his offensive capabilities don't even seem that great anymore.

It's true.

I swung by the canadiens.com messageboards, the guys there were all over Poti suggesting we trade Souray if we sign this guy. Souray's a much better than Poti.

Poti's good offensively, but lacking defensively and is scared of using his size to hit people. Like Souray he gets caught out of position a lot, but unlike Souray he can't level players.

Gainey's not dumb enough to sign him. I don't know why people keep linking MTL to Poti. Yeesh, not even Eklund would say that.

Sykora on the other hand, hey I'd give him a shot. Just not for 3.3Mil. Once upon a time in New Jersey he was considered on par with Patrik Elias. And he's never scored less than 19 goals in a season.