Bring Us Shanny!

Nilan

Not sure how the rest of you feel, but I'd love to see Bob bring in Shanny for a couple of years, even if he has to overpay in the 5 - 5.2 million range. He would open up a ton of space for Kovalev and would bring a ton of experience to a team that doesn't have a lot of it right now.

Dump Ribs and his 1.9 million for nothing if need be to clear up some space (assuming Saku is ok to play).

Shanny and Muller played together for the Devils between 87 and 91 I believe.

Anyone disagree?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how the rest of you feel, but I'd love to see Bob bring in Shanny for a couple of years, even if he has to overpay in the 5 - 5.2 million range. He would open up a ton of space for Kovalev and would bring a ton of experience to a team that doesn't have a lot of it right now.

Dump Ribs and his 1.9 million for nothing if need be to clear up some space (assuming Saku is ok to play).

Anyone disagree?

Ribs wont be traded or dumped and saku will be alright to play, doctors said he is to make full recovery.

Anyone disagree?

I disagree, almost the entire team is coming back, and most of them played in the series against Carolina. While there may not be an abundance of experience, I think these is a good foundation there,

As well I disagree with signin Shanahan especially overpaying him. Montreal doesn't have that kind of cap room.

Gainey is going to go with last years roster, minus Bulis and Sundstrom and with the addition of Andrei Kostitsyn

1) Boston is done with attempting to sign Shanny.

2) John Davidson said adding Brendan Shanahan did not make sense to St. Louis.

3) That leaves MTL and L.A. I do believe.

Shanahan is a nightmare when he plays with a playmaker.

Koivu is a playmaker. So is Ribs. If we get Shanny we don't need to worry about dumping Ribs IMO

Also if we get shanahan it will releave some pressure off Koivu's sholders, Remember when Thornton went to San Jose i belive it can becomes the same situation and when someone has won a cup, he can express it to the rest of the team.

Unlike kovalev does with him being so lazy :(

Ribs wont be traded or dumped and saku will be alright to play, doctors said he is to make full recovery.

Do you know what our current payroll is?

The current roster just does not have enough depth to go much farther than they did this year I'm afraid.

Do you know what our current payroll is?

The current roster just does not have enough depth to go much farther than they did this year I'm afraid.

people say we dont have room we have tuns our payroll is about 32 million roughly

I would if i was someone in the class of shanahan with all the history behind this team and how great the city is yes i would leave detroit. Also if he wanted to he can prove its not because of datsyuk or zetterberg why he scored so many goals.

people say we dont have room we have tuns our payroll is about 32 million roughly

By my count, with Ribs coming in at $1.9 million and Ryder now an expected $2.3, we'll be at about $39 million with our current roster filled out by Kost. Shanny would bring us to the cap, and require trading someone if we want a little flexibility...

I would if i was someone in the class of shanahan with all the history behind this team and how great the city is yes i would leave detroit. Also if he wanted to he can prove its not because of datsyuk or zetterberg why he scored so many goals.

there's pretty much only one reason he would leave Detroit : $

(and maybe Wanda's)

if we get Shanny its because he wants to play in MTL otherwise he would in the States ... How different is our Tax cut? Even if We offered 6 Million to Shanny he would get 3 Mill tops per year whereas he would get 4 Mill if he would only be offered 5 Mill by LA

Plus.... Even Vancouver would have a better chance of signing him ...over here its roughly the same tax cut as in QUebec and The knuckleheads are looking to get a Bertuzzi replacement

if we get Shanny its because he wants to play in MTL otherwise he would in the States ... How different is our Tax cut? Even if We offered 6 Million to Shanny he would get 3 Mill tops per year whereas he would get 4 Mill if he would only be offered 5 Mill by LA

Plus.... Even Vancouver would have a better chance of signing him ...over here its roughly the same tax cut as in QUebec and The knuckleheads are looking to get a Bertuzzi replacement

Hey CoRvInA, long time no hear :P

What about offering a third year to Shanny. Let's say a 4.5, 4.5, 3 million. This way 4 millions would go over the cap instead of 4.5. You save money cap wise and offer him a third year, which could attract him.

I would like to add that Shanny is worth a lot more than 30 goals, even if he scores less goals, he will drag Kovalev night after night, and he'll score more. Ribeiro will rack it up too. His leadership will help Koivu in the room, if K goes down, we don't have to worry about leadership. It's so much more than goals, he will also develop guys like Chipchura, Latendresse, Higgins, etc. He'S perfect for Montreal, Bring him IN!!!

Hey CoRvInA, long time no hear :P

Hi!!! :) SALUT LES GARS ET FILLES!!!!

Yeap I was in ITaly for a month and a half..... Am back now!

Hope everyone is well!!!

Catch y'all soon!

I don't want Shanahan in Montreal. I'd like to see a young guy get that spot or someone that the Habs could use in the future.

How long has Shanahan left? One or two years?

By my count, with Ribs coming in at $1.9 million and Ryder now an expected $2.3, we'll be at about $39 million with our current roster filled out by Kost. Shanny would bring us to the cap, and require trading someone if we want a little flexibility...

our cap will not be that high. kost is already under contract chipchura is already from what happend during the middle of the year, gainey signed him already. there are players like komisarek perezhogin higgins ryder , looks like ryder will be the most expensive to be re-signed but i dont think it will be more then 2-2.5 million komisarek will get bout 1.5 perezhogin will get under a million since its still his second year in the nhl higgins same thing so across the board over all the pay roll will be about 37ish.

It's down to 2 teams according to rds.ca. They say that Detroit is one of them, I assume Montréal is the other one. I listened to Joel Bouchard (Isles blueliner) on the radio today, and he said that Shanny would be amazing for us. He said that he has a good touch around the net, he is tough to play against, intense, and that he's a real leader in the dressing room. He said that he could change a young player's carrer if he plays with him... I really want him with us, even if we overpay him a bit(5 millions would be OK for me). We have a lot of cap room, and I think we can afford him.

Yeah, the Canadian Press also reports that Shanahan has narrowed it down to two teams: Detroit and an "unnamed team".

Veteran winger Brendan Shanahan, who had 40 goals last season with the Red Wings, has narrowed down his options to two teams, Detroit and another unnamed team, a source said Friday. Boston and St. Louis are no longer in the running. Shanahan, 37, will mull it over this weekend and likely make a decision early next week.

I bet the other team is not even the Habs. Its probably LA or something.

Odds are good that it isn't the Habs...