Stupid Question.

vanessa

hi im new here but i have a question maybe you can answer for me.

i read at another board that the Senators won a few Stanley Cups a long time ago. I know that's true, but what i want to know is if a cup banner hangs from the roof in the Sens building.

they had a big argument about it and know one could tell for sure.

so is there a Stanley Cup banner in the Sens arena?

vanessa.

"This franchise has no ties to the modern-day Senators franchise, except for a certificate that was issued by the NHL with the new Senators franchise, proclaiming re-instatement to the league. However, banners honouring the original Senators' eight Stanley Cups hang from the rafters of Scotiabank Place."

source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Senators_(Original)

;)

streamer, you are the most awkward person I've ever met. (If you're wondering when we've met --- I stalk you)

And what makes yu think this vanessa is a girl, anyways? I know plenty of men named Vanessa! Well, I kinda saw it in a movie once, and you know... it seemed really real and like... Vanessa Smith...and Jones...and, and.... actually it might have been a dream or something.. you know, I think I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one.

streamer, you are the most awkward person I've ever met. (If you're wondering when we've met --- I stalk you)

And what makes yu think this vanessa is a girl, anyways? I know plenty of men named Vanessa! Well, I kinda saw it in a movie once, and you know... it seemed really real and like... Vanessa Smith...and Jones...and, and.... actually it might have been a dream or something.. you know, I think I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one.

I'm awkward?

but you dream about a man named vanessa?! :huh:

:lol:

I'm awkward?

but you dream about a man named vanessa?! :huh:

:lol:

You know....... he's right Stream. :lol:

With BTH, he's having problems with his life. He met a man named Ning and you know what happens after that. B)

BTW, with Arnott in Nashville, you should change your avatar lol. ;)

welcome vanessa. Yeah, Bacchus basically has it on the Senators question. It should be noted that their Stanley Cups were won in the challenge cup format, not a year-end championship.

If there's anything I've learned from being here, it's that even the name dark_faerie isn't strictly female.

Thus, vanessa may in fact have a penis.

If she doesn't though, hey congrats on being female # ...2? 3?

There aren't many. So.....do you like attention?

If there's anything I've learned from being here, it's that even the name dark_faerie isn't strictly female.

Thus, vanessa may in fact have a penis.

If she doesn't though, hey congrats on being female # ...2? 3?

There aren't many. So.....do you like attention?

Dude! Even my biology teacher from high school thought I was a girl, he was convinced that there was a typo on his list of students... :wacko:

By the way, welcome to the boards Vanessa! ^_^

Guys, we already scared her away I fear :nono:

@ Captain Crounche - Ning is NOT human! (and congrats on getting luongo!) (and my avatar is Kirk Muller... but you're right, I had fav habs being Arnott... he still is deep in my heart :P )

Yes, there's banners hanging from the rooftops in Ottawa. They put them up on Ottawa's 1st game in 1992.

Here's a trivia for you:

1- Who did the Sens opened their first season against?

2- Which of the two teams won?

3- Who scored the winning goal?

4- Who sang the National Anthem?

:D

Yes, there's banners hanging from the rooftops in Ottawa. They put them up on Ottawa's 1st game in 1992.

Here's a trivia for you:

Montreal

Montreal

Saku Koivu

Celine Dion

(The 1st two I know, the 2nd two im just pulling out of...er somewhere. ^_^

The old Ottawa Senators won one in 1927 I'm fairly sure of that at least. The stanley cup officially started in 1918. The Ottawa Senators existed, then went away, then came back. (See: Cleveland Browns) So, yes, the Sens have won at least one stanley cup. (I THINK they won 4 all together, none since they were reinstated in 1992.)

Guys, we already scared her away I fear :nono:

@ Captain Crounche - Ning is NOT human! (and congrats on getting luongo!) (and my avatar is Kirk Muller... but you're right, I had fav habs being Arnott... he still is deep in my heart :P )

Ahhhh, so it was Muller. Though in that pic, it kinda looks like Arnott lol. What's with all these names? Captain Planet? Captain Crounche now? What have you guys been up to while I've been gone? :lol:

sssshhhh get out of the thread, there is a lady in there, we're waiting for her to come back...

:bow:

:mellow:

She's not even here. She's probably asleep and you're in here waiting as if you were a nerd slave........ You really are funny ALEXTREAM :lol::lol::lol:

Montreal

Montreal

Saku Koivu

Celine Dion

I'm pretty certain that Ottawa won their first regular season game, in Ottawa, against Montreal.

Montreal

Montreal

Saku Koivu

Celine Dion

Right on #1, wrong on all 3 others!

sssshhhh get out of the thread, there is a lady in there, we're waiting for her to come back...

:bow:

Girl posts question, Streamer replies, girl dissapear.

Coincidence?

Might also explain how Bebehabs suddenly dissapeared... <_<

Here's a trivia for you:

1- montreal

2-the sens

3-norm macIver

4-kd lang??( or was it mario lemieux..they look so alike :unsure: )

lol.

You guys are nuts...lol.

So clarify this for me please.

The Habs have 24 Cups and 24 NHL Stanley Cup Banners, right?

So the Sens have.........and ARE THEY RECOGNIZED BY THE LEAGUE?(NHL)

...Was this an attempt on the part of the Sens organization to squeeze their NON-NHL Cup wins into the modern league stats?

So the Sens have how many National Hockey League Stanley Cup banners in their building?

Edited by vanessa