Mark Bell

I just read an article that of all of Chicagos centers, Mark Bell is the one being shopped..... DO IT BG, MAKE A DEAL FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/blackhawks.asp?id=205765

:hlogo:

I wouldn't mind Mark Bell if the rumour's were at all true. He's got some nice size, good speed, very good defensively, just inconsistant offensively.

I guess it would just depend on what Chicago wanted in return

I just read an article that of all of Chicagos centers, Mark Bell is the one being shopped..... DO IT BG, MAKE A DEAL FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/blackhawks.asp?id=205765

:hlogo:

Einh......... another possibility.... :huh::huh::huh:

not likely. :nono:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170991&hubname=nhl

Bell to the Sharks, in a 3-way deal........

there you go....

I guess the Preissing addition is to help with the loss of Chara.

As for Havlat and Smolinski, the Hawks want success desperately. No brainer really. Especially with facing the Ruttu problem. Or Daze.

No Bell at the Bell Centre.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I think the sens got the best out of the trade.

havlat seems like the typical player who's there for the paycheck.

so bell in mtl then...nuts

I think the sens got the best out of the trade.

havlat seems like the typical player who's there for the paycheck.

so bell in mtl then...nuts

probably... maybe just another version of Yashin but I still believe Chicago won out on this one. It's based on the principle that whoever gets the better player wins. Havlat is the better player.

I can't believe Havlat signed for SIX MILLION! :wacko:

I do believe the GMs are in the process of taking out their foot-shooting pistols out of their storage boxes. This may be the beginning of the same suicidal salary spiral that wreaked havoc in the league before the lock-out.

I can only hope that the league will honour the salary cap and the formula that decides where it's set.

GMs are still adapting to the cap system, and the cap as increased by 5M$ this year and will probably increase another 2-3M$ next year. It will settle down in a couple of years, hey, in the end teams can't go over the cap, so they can't spend that much.

I think that the cap will install a huge gap between low end and hign end players. The high end will get all the cash and the low ones will get their under a million salaries.

More over, we will have the flexibility vs. most other teams who will be tight in the upcoming years.

After next year, once the cap will be at 46-47M$, Koivu's and Kovalev's contracts won't look so hih anymore, in fact, they are starting to look like bargains.

GMs are still adapting to the cap system, and the cap as increased by 5M$ this year and will probably increase another 2-3M$ next year. It will settle down in a couple of years, hey, in the end teams can't go over the cap, so they can't spend that much.

I think that the cap will install a huge gap between low end and hign end players. The high end will get all the cash and the low ones will get their under a million salaries.

More over, we will have the flexibility vs. most other teams who will be tight in the upcoming years.

After next year, once the cap will be at 46-47M$, Koivu's and Kovalev's contracts won't look so hih anymore, in fact, they are starting to look like bargains.

I hope so... :mellow:

I can't believe Havlat signed for SIX MILLION! :wacko:

I agree...I'm dumbfounded. I was sick when Bob paid what he did for Koivu....but 6mil for Havlat takes the cake. He will be paid the same as Elias next year, for the love of God. Havlat is a good player...I'll even say very good...but he's no Elias!!! :puke:

It seems to me that the Blackhawks screwed themselves on this deal in every possible way.

CHicago now have over 18 million tied up in 3 players, and are still years away from even making the playoffs. That is one sad team, I think they have even surpased the Leafs for pathetic....

Had Havlat signed a reasonable contract, this would have been a pretty good trade all around. But as a rule, I don't really like blockbuster trades as it's not the way the team should be built. The Blackhawks have been trying to bring in stars via UFA and trade but they just don't click together. And they just traded away 3 solid prospects to do it. Lucky for them Havlat is young though - and will be tightening their wallet for 3 whole years before taking off for even more money. Their only hope is that Havlat makes up Khabibulin or Aucoin or one of those other guys and then the team starts to gel. But I doubt it'll happen.

I actually think this trade works out well for all teams involved.

Taking stock, the Sharks get the power forward to plunk onto Thornton's line. Mark Bell's going to hit the 30 goal plateau with Thornton and Cheechoo at his side.

The Hawks were desperate for elite scoring.. remember they offered a gigantic contract to Patrik Elias. Havlat is overpaid at 6million dollars, but that's why teams with no playoff pedigree have to do to attract stars. Overpay them. If Kubina's worth 5, then Havlat is worth 6. Smolinski is a decent centre.

The Sens open up a lot of cap room to acquire another forward. Pick up 2 decent prospects in Henessy and Barinka, and round out their D with Preissing, who's very similar to Brian Pothier who they lost to FA.

I actually think this trade works out well for all teams involved.

Taking stock, the Sharks get the power forward to plunk onto Thornton's line. Mark Bell's going to hit the 30 goal plateau with Thornton and Cheechoo at his side.

The Hawks were desperate for elite scoring.. remember they offered a gigantic contract to Patrik Elias. Havlat is overpaid at 6million dollars, but that's why teams with no playoff pedigree have to do to attract stars. Overpay them. If Kubina's worth 5, then Havlat is worth 6. Smolinski is a decent centre.

The Sens open up a lot of cap room to acquire another forward. Pick up 2 decent prospects in Henessy and Barinka, and round out their D with Preissing, who's very similar to Brian Pothier who they lost to FA.

Maybe acquiring these prospects is a way of restocking after the loss of Brandon Bochenski in the Arnason deal. That was dumb of Muckler.