No Shanahan For Montreal

habsfan88

TSN has reported that Brendan Shanahan has decided to sign with the Rangers. Montreal and New York made offers but Shanahan decided to sign with New York instead of Montreal.

DAMN.

TSN has reported that Brendan Shanahan has decided to sign with the Rangers. Montreal and New York made offers but Shanahan decided to sign with New York instead of Montreal.

DAMN.

Probably the supposed interest is just cocked up TSN lies aimed at undermining Gaineys competence as a GM. Or maybe Gainey was interested in boosting the sales price for a rival team on an old player. Getting Shanahan now is probably like the Leafs getting Gilmour the second time around. His age is bound to show soon.

GOD DAMN IT !!!!! stupid rangers and montreal saposadly offerd more the detroit and rangers!! AHH I HATE IT CAMMON SAMSONOV OR MARK BELL !

Montreal may have offered more, but it would have had to been significantly more to offset the tax situation (someone did a great job breaking that down in a thread earlier this week).

Edited by sbhatt

This is fine by me.

It does make me question why some players still don't want to play in Montreal, not that I want to read a million more posts about that topic. But listening to Shanny's interview he spoke about the Rags fans and how they are so passionate about the game and their team and that he wanted to be a part of that original six spirit (I paraphrased). I think we need to move up the standings a few more rungs before players will want to join the tradition and that in itself is a friggin' shame.

I am certainly not disappointed by the fact that we do not have that salary to contend with, however, his leadership and winners attitude would have been valuable.

I really think our young guys will surprise a lot of folks that don't tend to follow Les Glorieux with our passion and attention. Maybe a mid to late season deal after these guys show the league a thing or two about team play. I've got a good feeling with Carbo, Muller an Jarvis behind the bench.

Your loss Shanny, we would have loved you, now I just want to see Begin lay you out...

:ninja:

Edited by The Saint

A bit of bad luck for the habs and fans with Shanny.

Imagine a UFA player taking less money to play in NYR :wacko: ?

Oh well, I would have rather had Samsonov's speed anyway. I read on an "insider" site that Samsonov has been offered a deal by the Habs so who knows what can happen.

A bit of bad luck for the habs and fans with Shanny.

Imagine a UFA player taking less money to play in NYR :wacko: ?

Oh well, I would have rather had Samsonov's speed anyway. I read on an "insider" site that Samsonov has been offered a deal by the Habs so who knows what can happen.

What site had you read this on?

why samsonov ?? he's injury prone and we don't need another russian wingers..we have a ton of them

why samsonov ?? he's injury prone and we don't need another russian wingers..we have a ton of them

We only have 2. (I believe Kostitsyn is Belarussian and actually, I'm pretty sure that Perezhogin was born in Belarus too even though he plays for Russia.) And even if they were all Russian - who cares? If Huet was Russian we would get rid of him? It doesn't matter where he comes from as long as he plays good hockey.

We only have 2. (I believe Kostitsyn is Belarussian and actually, I'm pretty sure that Perezhogin was born in Belarus too even though he plays for Russia.) And even if they were all Russian - who cares? If Huet was Russian we would get rid of him? It doesn't matter where he comes from as long as he plays good hockey.

Perezhogin was born in Kazakhstan. At the time it was part of the USSR just like Belarus but both were satellites of the 'Russian Empire'. To be more exact, Belarus broke away into an independent state after the break-up of the Soviet Block.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I don't think we need Samsonov, he hasen't impressed me that much in the last 2 years. Injury prone and small, we have plenty of that. Mind you, if we got him for around $2mil I wouldn't shudder, but no real desire to see him in the red,white and bleu. I'm still holding out for a Lecavalier trade!!!! B)