Habs Sign Komisarek

Tony

i unno wat gainey has under his hat but all of the players one year contracts....well higgins and komisarek so far, perezhogin next :D

I have noticed these short contracts too. Maybe to make the players earn their dough instead of sitting back once they sign the 6 year contract....

I think that we are seeing the otherside of the new NHL. Players will have to be a lot more accountable for their performance (some how Ribiero escapes this) thus the one year contracts, and some stars will hog all the cash every year.

The New NHL is going through growing pains, so I think we will see less one year contracts in the future ... but still shorter term 1-2-3 year contracts ... and not all the 5-7 year contracts that have been thrown around before.

I hope Komisarek stays with the Habs for all his career. Go KOMI Go!!

He has the attitude, the heart and the skill. He's still developing and will be a real force on the blueline.

Its pretty basic really. Both players had decent years last year. Gainey probably wants to see how they perform this year and then go from there. If they play well, they get 3 + year contracts. If they don't play so well......???

Or they could start working on long term contracts later in the year, this is just to get them to training camp

Ok according to TSN Komi is making just under 1 Mil

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=2710&hubname=

the 20 players sum $34,659,700 and for some reason this aint counting aebisher yet... is he in arbitration? and Ryder who should not get more than $1.5 mill

that makes roughly $38.5 or am I wrong?

again assuming aeb gets a little over 2Mil and ryder gets 1.5 mil

we have at least 5 Mil cap space which should get us something later on or head space for a possible trade that doesnt involve equal money parity

Edited by CoRvInA

seems like they all accepted their qualifying offers

I'm glad to see komi staying in mtl for another year

Ok according to TSN Komi is making just under 1 Mil

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=2710&hubname=

the 20 players sum $34,659,700 and for some reason this aint counting aebisher yet... is he in arbitration? and Ryder who should not get more than $1.5 mill

that makes roughly $38.5 or am I wrong?

again assuming aeb gets a little over 2Mil and ryder gets 1.5 mil

we have at least 5 Mil cap space which should get us something later on or head space for a possible trade that doesnt involve equal money parity

Ryder scores 30 goals and you don't think he's going to get atleast $2 Million? Ryder will get around $2 Million./ Maybe more if it goes to Arbitration.

The Gazette is reporting that Komisarek signed for $946,827

I don't understand all these one-year contracts, in a way. :blink::wacko: It leaves the team (and players) always in the air... never really settled. You have to go back to the table again the next year. The sense of commitment, on both sides, doesn't really seem to be there. :unsure:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Ryder scores 30 goals and you don't think he's going to get atleast $2 Million? Ryder will get around $2 Million./ Maybe more if it goes to Arbitration.

The Gazette is reporting that Komisarek signed for $946,827

Youre right he probably should get more than 2 Mil... But considering the other contracts thus far... it will depend on how many years they consolidate for.. if its a one yearn deal I think it wont be more than 1.5 Mil

Komisarek is a great young d-man and I am very pleased that we have him back in the fold, and I suspect this season we may be in for a treat from our young American.

And not that this is really on topic, but no way Ryder gets less than 2 mil. How could Bob look him in the eye after he handed Ribs 1.9 mil?

I for one don't mind Ryder's negotiation tactics and reputation as a tough guy to sign, holding out is a different story, but trying to maximize your contract is something he has to do. This is a guy who has had to fight his way through the ranks back up from the ECHL and prove himself time and again. Who's looking out for Michael Ryder? The answer is Michael Ryder and I say get what you can for yourself Mikey. If Ribs gets 1.9, he's gotta be looking at more than that.

I still want to see a dramatic improvement from Ryder, because I think he can do even more than just pot goals. I remember a young guy who used to fly around hitting everything in sight and scoring goals based on the hardwork of his whole line, himself included. He seems to have forgotten that physical aspect of his game, but I am confident that he can get it back. He may never be a great guy along the boards, but he can certainly improve his forecheck and physical application of pressure in all aspects of the ice.

:ninja:

Komisarek is a great young d-man and I am very pleased that we have him back in the fold, and I suspect this season we may be in for a treat from our young American.

hey!! maybe he can double his goal production :lol:

I believe that this season will show us the real komisarek. he's matured, he's more confident and he won't have to deal with difficult family problems.

may the real komisarek please stand up