Latendresse Ranked High In Sweden!

Dalhabs

Swedish hockey magazine Pro Hockey's youth expert (Adam Allen is his name I think) ranked the top 30 players who hasnt broke in the NHL yet and Latendresse was ranked 10.

Swedish hockey magazine Pro Hockey's youth expert (Adam Allen is his name I think) ranked the top 30 players who hasnt broke in the NHL yet and Latendresse was ranked 10.

WICKED! Who else was on there, I'm curious.

Dont remember many more... read it at work :P

Yevgeni Malkin was ranked 1. Latendresse was before Phil Kessel.

That's impressive then if he's ranked higher then Kessel. But didn't he struggle last year? Latendresse that is

From last years training camp, I just assumed that Latendresse was a shoe in to make the big team this year, but I think he did struggle a little last year and was non-existent at the World Juniors last year, I think he is still at least another year away, but he did play unbelievable at camp last year, and if he comes with the same skills and desire as last year, maybe he will bump a player or at the very least bump Koistisyn to be the first player called up due to injury.

At an RDS link a user comments on Latendresse quite humourously. The hearsay's translated by Google and contains my english insertions where the conversion's just too ugly: :D

I says it immediately to you, Guillaume Latendresse will not make the large club before two years. He is what I would describe as project. He is quite simply not ready, it would be wasting to make him graduate this year. You see [the expectations] which you have towards him? Imagine a similar pressure on a 19 year old young person… moreover, why make him go up if [he'll only] plays on the 4th trio? You do not believe that it would be better to plays 25 minutes per match with Drummondville instead of 5 minutes in Montreal? And a reason moreover for which he is not ready, it is that with his success with the fans (without having played a regular match), he's swelled in the head. He lives in my smaller town (Co.-Catherine) and I cross [paths with him] on the occasion. We also has several mutual friends. [He flashes] with his Charger provided by [his sponsor], Dodge Brossard. In public places, like IGA [supermarket], he speaks bombastically and arranges it so that he is noticed. In short, it is not ready mentally. Who could blame him? You've made a hero of him before he's even played a regular match. Let progress him at his rate/rhythm and leave [develop] in the junior before making the next Maurice Richard of him.

WARNING: STOP PRAISING LATENDRESSE LIKE YOU DO, YOU ARE MAKING an ALEXANDRE DAIGLE of HIM

-----

Ouch! ^_^

Edited by MCeh

From last years training camp, I just assumed that Latendresse was a shoe in to make the big team this year, but I think he did struggle a little last year and was non-existent at the World Juniors last year, I think he is still at least another year away, but he did play unbelievable at camp last year, and if he comes with the same skills and desire as last year, maybe he will bump a player or at the very least bump Koistisyn to be the first player called up due to injury.

To be fair, I don't think he got the faith from Suter or the ice time to make a good impression... But he definitely needs to work on his game before he makes the big club... I figure he'll be in Hamilton 2007-2008...

To be fair, I don't think he got the faith from Suter or the ice time to make a good impression... But he definitely needs to work on his game before he makes the big club... I figure he'll be in Hamilton 2007-2008...

That's what I was about to say about Sutter too. Also, I think he was bumbed pretty badly about not making the team, and so the first half of the season was a shock to him ... but it seems like missing the WJC was a wake up call he needed since he seemed to have a solid second half of the season. I think he definitely could make the team at some point next season ... and I think he is a long way away from an Alexandre Daigle ... but only time will tell ... until then, they are but dreams.