Gainey Grabs Samsonov!

kenadian

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... I dont know what to think of it.

Sammy was one of my favorite players a few years back (until he ######ed me up twice in Fantasy leagues). We already got Perezhogin and Kostitsyn who are in the same mold.

For sure the Habs just got an instant upgrade on offense. With a 2-year deal, the Habs aren't tied down with Sammy for too long and can let him go if the need to make more room for Perezhogin and/or Kosty arises by 2009.

One of the Habs' biggest needs was to get a legitimate 1st-line LW and Samsonov can fit the bill. Just as long as he stays healthy. The little bugger is as brittle as Koivu.

Sexy move. I already had him on my EA NHL 05 team, lol.

In all seriousness, we've brought in yet another play '-maker' rather than '-finisher'. Habs'll have to call upon Ryder and.. oh... who else is there that can pot 30+ goals? Higgins must play the next full season the way he did the 2nd half of the last.

Samsonov better play up to his touted skill. Else he fall under this forum's pop-term "Euro trash". :?-

:hockey:

Edited by MCeh

Happy to have him on the team, he's one of the 2 Bruins I actually like (the other one being Bergeron, but we all know he's in Boston for a long long time)

LW

Sergei Samsonov

Date of birth: October 27, 1978

Place of Birth: Moscow, USSR (now Russia)

HT: 5-8 WT: 194

Shoots/Catches: R

Salary: $2,774,000

NHL Seasons: 8

Drafted by Boston in 1997 (1/8).

GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG Shots GP G A Pts

74 23 30 53 -3 28 10 0 1 143 24 4 11 15

ASSETS: Is speedy, extremely creative, very hard to knock off the puck and excellent in one-on-one situations. Has smart offensive instincts, and displays surprising grit and a fine work ethic as well.

FLAWS: Tends to hang onto the puck too long from time to time, trying to make something happen out of nothing. His lack of size will always be a concern, since he's prone to serious injury.

CAREER POTENTIAL: First line left-winger.

Hmm, I dont know how two "puck hogs" like Samsonov and Kovalev will do if paired. But they could turnout to be a friggin' headache to play against! Or a friggin' headache to watch skating around and around without doing anything.

Alright alright, I think I'll just let go: YEAAAAAAH GAINEY! WOOOOOOH!

I think that in the New NHL this move rocks makes me think of Naslund when he played here.

I am sure that the Russians Samsanov Markov Kovolev and Perrezogion will kick it and keep each other competative.

I like what I see and its a short deal so i am sure that he will play hard.

So today

Johnson

Samsonov

3rd round pick

For

4th round

Zednik

Not bad

as well as Abby being signed I am sure that we will also

Trade one of our tenders.

I'm predicting 2yrs, 8.5M

Kostityn still has a shot.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Kovalev

Kostitsyn - Ribiero - Samsonov

Murray - Bonk - Begin

Souray - Rivet

Markov - Komisarek

Bouillion - Dandenault

Huet

Aebischer

Ex. Aaron Downey, Mark Streit

That's what I think the Habs will be going with..obviously Johnson will go in there somewhere. I have a sinking feeling that Ryder or Ribiero will be moved. One of them, not sure which one.

Edited by smon

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Murray - Bonk - Johnson

Souray - Rivet

Markov - Komisarek

Bouillion - Dandenault

Huet

Aebischer

That's what I think the Habs will be going with

Begin??

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Murray - Bonk - Johnson

Souray - Rivet

Markov - Komisarek

Bouillion - Dandenault

Huet

Aebischer

That's what I think the Habs will be going with

Samsonov is stricly a LW. And he won't play on the 3rd line, you can pretty much bet on that. Much less Johnson on the 4th.

I'd go more for:

Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin/Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Johnson

Begin - Bonk - Murray/Downey

Basically, Sammy stabilizes the LW of Ribs-Kovy (which both complained about last season) while Johnson stabilizes the RW 3rd line where Zednik couldn't do a good-enough defensive job. Koivu's line clicked very well so I dont see why it'd be changed. Ditto with the Begin-Bonk combo. You can put anyone on their RW without affecting the entire line.

Habs actually can field 4 pretty good lines. Nothing spectacular, but there's more depth there than we've seen in years.

yeah, it is probably more than 4 million because the supposed front-runner was Detroit with 11.5 million over 3 years. Of course this was from the "code" who I no longer trust since he first said the Johnson trade was false and Samsonov was going to sign with Detroit or Edmonton if they matched the offer.

I don't know, I personally think fielding 3 scoring lines is the way to go.

The Canes did pretty well pulling that. Depth ensures all the lines are a threat, that was the whole point of breaking up the Koivu Kovalev line wasn't it?