Gainey Grabs Samsonov!

kenadian

2 years/7.05M

via Sportscentre - TSN.

About 3.5M per season I guess. Good deal when you compare it to other free agent signings this summer.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I have said this before but does anyone else notice that there is no room for Downey or Murray with this current roster?

I can't see sending Kosty down on "injury callup" after all but stating he will make the team, and allowing Downey and Murray to log minutes that could be given to rookies that STILL have potential.

This smells to me like Gainey isn't done and others could be moved yet.

2 years/7.05M

via Sportscentre - TSN.

About 3.5M per season I guess. Good deal when you compare it to other free agent signings this summer.

WOW!!

I would have guessed more then that considering he is the last " marquee" player left.

Not a bad deal at all.

My turn now OUOUOUOUOUOUOUOUYYYYEAEAEAEABOBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAYTOGOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Am so thrilled about this great news.......so satisfied......now I know I will be tuned-in next season...I am hoocked again, reconciliated with Big Dady and Happy with Le Canadien just like in the best of days.

Samsonov!

I used to fantasized him being in our team a few years ago....this guy gives me hockey plaisure in spade.....

the best Russian skaters can do that to me......he's always on the move and is superbly creative with his

skating partners,....the results is often incredible to watch.

Samsonov and Jonhson are both right handed shooters,....we needed that big time.

Zednick is no longuer part of the CH equation.

Holly Wednesday,...what a day.

We can't be sure about his production. Mike Johnson had 1 more point than Samsonov last season in only 6 more games. And 74 games is pretty good for Samsonov. To be fair, he was on a crap team for most of the season.

If healthy, I think Samsonov can definitely go a point-per-game and he can definitely help out his linemates in reaching those numbers. Our team has more than enough scoring depth now. The only whole we might have is Ribeiro and maybe another top 4 defenceman. Spacek would have been terrific.

Finally!! While i was hoping for bigger size up front, this trade sounds very promissing as samsonov is one of the speediest forwards around. In the new NHL, speed plays a huge role and expect him to get hauled down a lot generating more n more penalties or dare i say PENALTY SHOTS.

I cant wait to see what kinda lines BG is gonna come up with... and i really dont think he's thru wheeling n dealing just yet. Once the season is about to begin, there should be a lot of players made available due to cap restraints.

All in all, IN BOB WE TRUST!

Well at first blush I like what I see, and at the very least it creates excitement in the land of Les Glorieux. A reasonable contract compared to many others and he is, for me, one of only a couple of recent Bruins I had secret feelings for...shame on me, now my guilty pleasure is guilt free!

Johnson and Samsonov is a definite upgrade over Zednik and the team we had this morning, I think.

Yup, I am pleased, and really looking forward to training camp and the new season! Oh my, and its a freakin' Wednesday in early June, my wife just won't understand this sh*t eatin' grin!

:ninja:

I just had a though,.... Gainey said that he was onto Plan D, and that was Petr Sykora... does that make Sammy Plan E??.... Cuz thats one hell of a backup-backup-backup-backup plan.

:D :hlogo:

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Samsonov Ribeiro\PLekanec Kovalev

Perezoghin Ribeiro\Johnson Plecanec\Johnson

Murray Bonk Begin

Sourray Bouillon

Markov Komi

Dnadenault Rivet

Kostishin won't make it for next year. If anythin, he'll share time on the fourth line with murray

:hlogo:

WHAT HAVE I BEEN SAYING FOR WEEKS? TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY.TRUST IN GAINEY. :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I'm sure that one of the reasons Samsonov was on the list of players to get ... since day 1 according to Samsonov ... was because of some of his previous experience playing with Kovalev. So almost certainly this will be one of the first line combinations. The Higgins-Koivu-Ryder will stay in tact unless it sputters.

Also, anyone know much about the kind of Player Johnson is? He seems to be able to put up some points, however not spectacular, and he seems to have some size. Will he be used for scoring or is he the kind of hearty energy guy that will be used to put up numbers on an energy line? It will be interesting to see.

Hey Guys and Gals ... My first post here :blush:

I really like these moves that BG made today ... like many of you I can feel another move brewing but it may not be right away. I think Johnson is going to suprise many of you ... I live in Cali and am also a big Kings fan ( but of course they always take a back seat to the Habs ! ) so i've seen him play quite a bit ... he's definatly a hard worker and a quiet leader and for a guy his size he has good speed so he'll be able to keep up with the rest of the speedy habs ... if they use him on either the 2nd line or 3rd it will deffinatly be an upgrade.

As for Samsanov ... great pick up ! I've been reading else where that fans don't understand why the habs picked up another playmaker ... but I think he can help Kovi re-find that scoring tough he had when he had Straka and Lang on his line in Pitt.

Hey Guys and Gals ... My first post here :blush:

I really like these moves that BG made today ... like many of you I can feel another move brewing but it may not be right away. I think Johnson is going to suprise many of you ... I live in Cali and am also a big Kings fan ( but of course they always take a back seat to the Habs ! ) so i've seen him play quite a bit ... he's definatly a hard worker and a quiet leader and for a guy his size he has good speed so he'll be able to keep up with the rest of the speedy habs ... if they use him on either the 2nd line or 3rd it will deffinatly be an upgrade.

As for Samsanov ... great pick up ! I've been reading else where that fans don't understand why the habs picked up another playmaker ... but I think he can help Kovi re-find that scoring tough he had when he had Straka and Lang on his line in Pitt.

Thanks for the feedback on Johnson. He sounds like an even cannier acquisition than I thought: much more of a leader than Zed and way more versatile, if less explosive. Way to go, Bob. :king:

Personally, I think Kovalev has done everything we could have reasonably expected of him - point a game production - so I disagree that he needs to 'rediscover' anything. But if anybody can help Samsonov recover the all-star form and confidence of his early seasons after a few rough ones, it's Kovy, captain of the Russian national team for gosh's sakes. If nothing else we now have two of the most exciting players in the game - good times, good times :lol:

Wow, what a suprise. I never thought this would happen. I actually thought Samsonov would sign for more, maybe like $4 million. I think Gainey may have no actually overpaid for a player.

Not sure about the Johnson deal, but I guess he's nice insurance of Riberio doesn't get his act together at centre.

Good day Bob, glad you proved me wrong

Thanks for the feedback on Johnson. He sounds like an even cannier acquisition than I thought: much more of a leader than Zed and way more versatile, if less explosive. Way to go, Bob. :king:

Personally, I think Kovalev has done everything we could have reasonably expected of him - point a game production - so I disagree that he needs to 'rediscover' anything. But if anybody can help Samsonov recover the all-star form and confidence of his early seasons after a few rough ones, it's Kovy, captain of the Russian national team for gosh's sakes. If nothing else we now have two of the most exciting players in the game - good times, good times :lol:

I don't think Kovalev did bad .. he did have a bummed knee most of the season .. but I think now with Samsanov he'll get the puck on his stick for more quality shots than last season and Samsanov's speed will create even more room on the ice for Kovi to work his magic ... I'm thinking/hoping for 35-40 goals for Kovi this coming season.

Also Johnson will stand in front of the net and actually defect shots ... he's deffinatly not a permitter player but he's not and overly aggressive player either ... and he doesn't take stupid penalties. ;)

Hey Cali, nice to have u aboard.... and thanks for the Johnson info... He seems like the exact kind of player that we needed. Not a bad scorer, good size, leadership, good +/-, and sounds like the kinda guy who does all the little things right in order to win.

:D :hlogo:

IM STILL SO FRICKIN EXCITED THAT WE GOT SAMSONOV!!!!!

Wow... on more til the evil Post :o

Edited by The-Habby2919

Trade Ribs and a pick for Lang!

I don't think Detroit will trade Lang now that Shanahan is no longer w/ them and Zeterberg and Datsyuk are still gonna need a center

I wonder if this makes us frontrunners to bring in Ovechkin and Kovalchuk when they hit free agency. *drool*