It's Dallas For Bonnie's Big Boy

MAK

Well... if they sign Peca then nobody will care, if not then watch the F#$% out... TO wont be too happy that theyre saviour left them.

:hlogo:

Toronto should have signed him. The cap hit is puny for the Leafs. Now they want to sign Peca with their remaining money? :wacko:

Good for Dallas really. What else are they going to do after losing Arnott?

Lindros makes a good bandaid for an organization. That is, providing he doesn't require bandaids for himself :P

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

This is a big "IF" and if the big "E" stays healthy, then look out he can put up big numbers and that could translate into a big year for the Stars. He does have the ability to compliment his wingers and create space. Last season with the leafs he did do a good job, no head issues, just his wrist. Health is the key but at the price the Stars are paying for a former #1 draft pick, this could be the steal of the UFA market.

But I did say this is a big "IF"

Teams would easily pay a fixed salary of $3 million to an 80 points per season player.. so Lindros earning half the dollars (as a base salary) looks fine on paper.

How teammates react to an inconstant presence isn't as simple.

I predict Lindros will not be able to finish the season.

Yes. It's a given.

Edited by MCeh

Apparently, Lindros hasn't signed any deal y yet.

Either way, I think it's only a matter of time before he signs with Dallas. No other team will give him the contract he wants. I think Dallas is the only one offering him a decent deal.

Edit: typo :|

Edited by Tony

Lindros is like a mirror. If you throw something at it it shatters.

I don't get teams fascination with Lindros. Granted he has a huge upside but that was 10 years ago and 100 head injuries ago. Now he's just a washed up player skating out there trying to get a pay cheque but can't do what he's good at which is being a tough guy because he'll get hurt.

Aaaaaa no Lindros!

Stay with the Leafs so i can hate you more! :D or go with the Bruins.. you would be a perfect fit they're

Spector's Note: As I noted yesterday, this imminent signing of Lindros is indicative of both the lack of depth of quality, affordable centres remaining in the UFA market and the lack of trade options available to the Stars at this time to fill their second-line centre role. Still, it's an affordable gamble for the Stars, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stars management keep an ear to the ground for any potential trade options.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spectors_trade_rumours.html

-----------------

That sums up everything.