Rumour: Souray, Ryder, Prospect And A 1st Rounder

It's there scroll down to the bottom, Montreal in Deep Discussion.

I wouldn't do this trade seems stupid!

So we'd lose a 1st line winger, a prospect, and a first rounder to pick up a 1st line center....while downgrading on our blueline???? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Edited by sbhatt

Not a chance in hell. San Jose has the best one two centre combination in the league and wouldn't trade that away unless it was some superstar coming back the other way....ie., something more than Souray, Ryder.....

Besides I think after playoffs they see Marleau as the better guy in crunch games than Joe Thornton.

Nope...not a chance in hell

No way BG is done! The only deep discussion will be how to select a rookie to join the team after training camp.

And as for a long shot for a trade with any team, I would agree a number one or two center must be included. But I don't see that happening until midway through the season or when injury trouble surfaces causing turmoil. I cannot see us parting with a blueliner or prime prospect unless our backs are against the wall. ie. we loose, koivu, kovalev or sammy for an extended period of time.

Ryder, Abei or Ribs going the other way I could stomach but even that would need to be matched up with a proven center with scoring and playmaking abilities; oh ya, he should also come in under our cap! so basically put, it won't happen!

Patrick Marleau - heck, that would be simply awesome.

Where does this rumour come from? From a newspaper, tv station or just from an internet rumour site?

I read his profile. I think he pulled it out of his ass personally.

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=56

5) Do not post rumors from other boards. It is pointless to discuss a rumor that was made up by some 12 year old kid with no friends. If you are going to post some sort of news or rumor, have a legitimate source to back it up.

A blog is not too far from being nothing more than a personnal message board. Seeing how that blog dont give any sources to his rumors, its in the BS ballpark.

Thread closed.