Canada Champions Of The World!

Redlight6O

In London Canada, Team Canada defeated Team USA in the world lacrosse championships(field lacrosse). Way to go Gary Gait on leavig the game on top. Team USA has not lost in this event in like 35 years until this year.

suprised no one has posted about this already

despite being the canadian national summer sport (hockey being the winter sport), people here dont seem to care.... i watched it on cbc live, and man was gait ever on fire in the 2nd half! i didnt even see a word about it in the paper the next morning...

YAY CANADA!!!

Really?

The Sun had a couple pages devoted to it. I just figured no one here would care but I had season tickets to the Roughnecks last year. And I was at the game when Calgary beat Buffalo for the Champions Cup in 2004. :D

Wow...

This is probably the first mention of Lacrosse I see since I saw American Pie 1! :P

True not too many people seems to care about the sport. I played it back in Secondaire 2 (Grade 9?) and it was not that fun to play neither.

I don't know if I'd call this a 'Canadian' game. It's a development from an north american Indian game so it's likely got American 'roots' to it.

In any event, I'm glad that our national team won. It's too bad that it's not sportsnews worthy enough. :(

:king: :hlogo: :king:

It is funny its not more recognized. i guess i may be biased because i play the sport,a do enjoy every minute of it. Anyone who would watch a game would never be disapointed. Its becomeing pretty big in some cities though, peterborough for one i crazy about lacrosse, orangeville, kitchener, also. anyone who hasnt seen a game should watch one. Anyways it was a great game with canada winning it. Go Canada Go!

It is funny its not more recognized. i guess i may be biased because i play the sport,a do enjoy every minute of it. Anyone who would watch a game would never be disapointed. Its becomeing pretty big in some cities though, peterborough for one i crazy about lacrosse, orangeville, kitchener, also. anyone who hasnt seen a game should watch one. Anyways it was a great game with canada winning it. Go Canada Go!

Err... Those cities have very limited influence on the rest of the country so that might explain why the sport isnt more popular. Especially since (I know this isnt true) the sport looks like a bastardized version of hockey, like ringuet and such.