Hi Everyone!

Hi Hawkeye here,

I see we have alot of people jumping over from the "other" forum...lol

I'd like to say hi to some of the posters that I already know form the other forum like HABSROCK11, Esteem, les glorieux, soon2b25. Sorry those are the only ones I have spotted yet

I thought I would jump over to a "real" community atmosphere and talk to "real" hockey fans. HABS FANS!! B)

Anyway, to introduce myself. I'm 25 and have been a Habs fan since birth. Even though my family tried to convince me other wise. My dad's a hardcore Leafs fan :puke: and my brothers go for the Leafs, Bruins and Blackhawks, so you can imagine the fights we had about hockey....lol I'm from New Brunswick so the population is about half Leafs Fans and half Habs fans with a little Bruins fans here and there. I haven't gotten a chance yet to see any games live because of the shortage of money and the distance to see an actual game. But this year I'm planning on going to a Habs game for my honeymoon. I know it's crazy but the "soon to be wife" wants to go see Montreal as well, so it's a win win. I also hope to see some of the pre-season games that are going to be played in the Maritimes.

Go :hlogo: Go!!

Edited by Hawkeye

TY Fanpuck33,

Well I don't know the whole story but apparently a moderator banned a long time poster for using "cutter of cobourg" when talking about Justin Williams because of the high stick on Koivu. The mods thought it was offensive and banned the use of it. So the guy got mad and talked back to the mod and ended up getting baned for a longer time and also a few others that tried to defend the poster.

But that's not the whole reason some people are coming over here. I'm still going to post over there but I came over here because it is better Habs talk and the posters that were the best over there are all in HW now.

So let the party begin...lol

Edited by Hawkeye

Hawkeye,

Glad to see you're making the big plunge! It's a huge commitment which involves lots of compromise, effective communication, and is (hopefully) a life-long relationship. No need to worry, though - almost nobody regrets joining Habsworld!

Oh, and good luck with the marriage thingy, too.

:D

Well I don't know the whole story but apparently a moderator banned a long time poster for using "cutter of cobourg" when talking about Justin Williams because of the high stick on Koivu. The mods thought it was offensive and banned the use of it. So the guy got mad and talked back to the mod and ended up getting baned for a longer time and also a few others that tried to defend the poster.

I don't believe I am famailiar with that term. To what does it reference? If it is some kind of racial term, it would be no more acceptable here. Members who use derogatory and/or racial terms here get a warning for the first offense and a suspension for a 2nd offense. If the user does not heed the warnings or chooses to be a complete jerk about it, the user could end up being banned. We also were forced to ban a long time member for refusing to stop using racial terms, comparing the Mods to terrorists, and spreading libel about those who run this site.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I'm just letting our new members know that we have standards here and a code of behavior which we expect to be followed to help keep the forum fun for all.

I don't believe I am famailiar with that term. To what does it reference? If it is some kind of racial term, it would be no more acceptable here. Members who use derogatory and/or racial terms here get a warning for the first offense and a suspension for a 2nd offense. If the user does not heed the warnings or chooses to be a complete jerk about it, the user could end up being banned. We also were forced to ban a long time member for refusing to stop using racial terms, comparing the Mods to terrorists, and spreading libel about those who run this site.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I'm just letting our new members know that we have standards here and a code of behavior which we expect to be followed to help keep the forum fun for all.

It's not racial or anything. I think it has to do with him being from Cobourg ON and he cut Koivu's eye. so some people called him the "Cutter of Cobourg" I think someone that was from Cobourg or knew Williams somehow, took offence to it. But I may be wrong. Like i said i never really figured it all out, but some posters thought it was unfair that the guy got banned for using a term that was widely used in the Habs forum ever since the incident.

P.S. i don't suppose you know what i'm doing wrong with my sig??

Edited by Hawkeye

Thanx for the warm welcome everyone

Thanx for the help with the sig dark_faerie87

BTW I'm from the sportsnet forum.

GRRRRRRRR sig still isn't working

Edited by Hawkeye

GRRRRRRRR sig still isn't working

The tag at the end of the address should be [/img]

It's not racial or anything. I think it has to do with him being from Cobourg ON and he cut Koivu's eye. so some people called him the "Cutter of Cobourg" I think someone that was from Cobourg or knew Williams somehow, took offence to it. But I may be wrong.

In that case, yeah, that's a pretty lame excuse for a banning.

Sorry about that Hawkeye, Fanpuck has it right. The tag should indeed be [/img] at the end.

There's also another way you can do it. Click on the button circled in red in the screenshot below. A prompt should pop up. Type in the direct url of the picture and then wham! The picture appears with no html mumbo jumbo. ;)

sig.jpg

HI Hawkeye, welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it here. I think I've read a few of your posts on sportnet before...

I think I got the sig right now.

Chips, did you have a different nickname on the sportsnet site??

I never posted on sportsnet, just enjoyed the read. Looking forward to reading your posts here at HW.

Welcome to HW it's a great place for a Habs fan,

I found it through :puke: google oddly enough and I think and beleive it to be the best of all forum sites.

As far as the rules go, it is only comon sence and fairness towards your human brothers and sisters.

I truelly beleive that colour should not be seen in that way,

but that doesn't stop anyone in having an opinion and that, my fellow Habs fan, is the GREATEST part of this forum/site.

p.s. I can't see most reds and purples anyway I wouldn't make a good racist + I'm brown skined w/ both parents and great great grand parents from Africa!!!

Yep Tony and guess who just walked in my door. My aunt and uncle from Toronto and he's sporting his "this is your brain on drugs :hlogo: " t-shirt. I told him he has it backwards...lol