Turgeon for Brisebois

Justathot

If the money issues were evened out, would you trade Brisebois for Turgeon straight up? The deal would then allow you immediately to trade Perreault as well and perhaps Ribeiro, too.

I think Brisebois has more value, despite the fact that he is a headcase, just because offensive defensemen are a rarer commodity than soft centers. Still, I would not be terribly shocked if Savard wasn't reviewing this option.

interesting idea.

But Turgeon with Montreal.. not sure if he would be happy to come back with us. If yes, wonder if he would accept to play LW (like he does in Dallas). Turgeon had a bad season... but 42 pts in 65 games, not that bad in comparative with our forwards.

3 offensive lines:

Bulis - Perreault - Hossa

Turgeon - Ribeiro - Audette (too small line)

(Czerkawski) - Koivu - Zednik

defensive line:

Dackell - Kilger - Sundstrom

Problem is that Turgeon's contract runs longer than Breezy's so it would be very hard for Dallas to justify evening out any money.

Or did you mean they would even it out for one year?

Quite honestly, I would love to have Turgeon on our second line. It would immediately give our second line some legitimacy. However, I wouldn't trade much to get him and the money issues would HAVE to even out for at least 2 of the years.

If this happened I would hope that we would immediately deal Perreault and Ribeiro for a 2nd line LWer and d-man. On top of the fact that we need to deal/dump Czerkawski, Juneau, McKay, Dykhuis and Traverse. Of course that would be ideal and leave us with a much improved line-up. If we could dump Audette's salary somehow and replace him through FA then I'd be even happier.

Hossa-Koivu-Zednik

TRADE-Turgeon-Audette(FA if he's gone)

Sundstrom-Bulis-Ward

Kilger-Plekanec-Dackell

Markov-Rivet

TRADE-Komisarek

Hainsey/Souray-Quintal

Turgeon would help the PP... but with Koivu, Ribeiro, Perreault and Juneau, last thing the Habs need is a center like Turgeon.

Habs needs are:

[*]Physical scoring winger for the top 2 lines

[*]Physical 2-way center for the 3rd line

[/list=1]

Turgeon doesnt fit either items. And the "Domino Tactic" of getting X to make Y available for a trade in return of Z works in Fantasy Hockey, but its a whole different story in the NHL. In other words, forget about it.